HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ott-Dal

Old
06-10-2009, 09:37 AM
4thliner*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
Overpayment from Dallas.

No thanks.
A punch of names coming to Ottawa doesnt make overpayment for Heatley.

Plus, I am sure Ottawa does not want Richards at 7.6 mill. He makes as much or more than Heatley by himself.

4thliner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 09:43 AM
Dirty Kari

So you go ahead and add in Neal after everybody blasts your proposal? Are you just trying to troll now?

Dirty Kari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 10:47 AM
Chaos
3, 2, 1

Send a message via MSN to Chaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thliner View Post
A punch of names coming to Ottawa doesnt make overpayment for Heatley.

Plus, I am sure Ottawa does not want Richards at 7.6 mill. He makes as much or more than Heatley by himself.
Good thing its more than just a bunch of names then.

Chance are, Ottawa is going to have to take some salary back in a deal to make it work under the cap(obviously there are exceptions).

And yeah, adding Neal to the original proposal makes it even more lopsided. You should be taking away from what Dallas is giving up, not adding.

-Vagrant
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 10:59 AM
LOLERSKATES

morrow + 8th overall

brunnstrom + 8th overall + ?

LOLERSKATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 12:55 PM
LordHelmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven93 View Post
Ottawa:
Richards
1st
Eriksson
Fistric
Neal

Dallas:
Heatley
Absolute insanity. You have no idea what you're asking.

Moving Richards leaves us a hole at center, so the deal is off on the wrong foot to begin with.

Then the other players?

I don't know that I'd trade Eriksson straight up for Heatley & his contract. Much less this crap.

Eriksson scored 36 as a 23 year old 3rd year player on a banged up team with constantly changing linemates. (DH scored 39 last season)

Neal scored 25 as a 21 year old rookie.

Fistric was very good in his rookie season, through the WCF's and started to become a physical presence at the end of last season.

GM Joe wouldn't even do you the honor of hanging up the phone.

LordHelmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 03:27 PM
BeaverSports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knee Seeking Scud View Post
Trading Ribeiro not only hurts our passing game but it may have an adverse effect on Morrow also. Morrow and Ribeiro have to much chemistry to tear that apart. Plus i doubt Ribeiro would want to go back to another Canadian team and be torn apart in the Canadian press again. I myself would move Richards before Ribeiro.
Morrow had great chemistry with Jason Arnott before too and I'd be willing to bet if they tried him with Brad Richards, they'd have just as much chemistry. I just don't see the love affair with Ribeiro, he's absolutely awful on his own side of centre ice.

BeaverSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 04:10 PM
Dominic Roussel
Tank Mode: Fail

vCash: 1951
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverSports View Post
Morrow had great chemistry with Jason Arnott before too and I'd be willing to bet if they tried him with Brad Richards, they'd have just as much chemistry. I just don't see the love affair with Ribeiro, he's absolutely awful on his own side of centre ice.
Yes, but you seem to want to ignore something simple...the salary cap. Why trade Ribeiro who has played nearly every game since we traded for him, makes nearly 3 million less through the 2012-13 season, and isn't as awful defensively as you like to think he is, if you could move Richards instead?

Richards, although not his fault, was injured twice this season and makes more money and will be a UFA sooner. Do you think Richards will take 5 million to stay in Dallas? Not to mention we've got other players to re-sign like Eriksson, etc.

Getting Heatley would be far too expensive or would screw us when it comes to the cap. He's a great player, but not worth it.

Dominic Roussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 04:11 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Ottawa:
Richards
1st
Eriksson
Fistric
Neal

Dallas:
Heatley
Yes please.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 04:14 PM
Rickety Cricket

Sweet Jesus yes

Rickety Cricket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 04:16 PM
BeaverSports

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeShizzle View Post
Yes, but you seem to want to ignore something simple...the salary cap. Why trade Ribeiro who has played nearly every game since we traded for him, makes nearly 3 million less through the 2012-13 season, and isn't as awful defensively as you like to think he is, if you could move Richards instead?

Richards, although not his fault, was injured twice this season and makes more money and will be a UFA sooner. Do you think Richards will take 5 million to stay in Dallas? Not to mention we've got other players to re-sign like Eriksson, etc.

Getting Heatley would be far too expensive or would screw us when it comes to the cap. He's a great player, but not worth it.
No, I don't ignore the salary cap at all. Ribeiro is an inferior player tied up for a longer term. Do I think Richards will take less to stay in Dallas? It doesn't really matter the way free agency is today and it's likely a moot point as I believe they gave both no-trade contracts and I think Richards is a big part of Eriksson doing anything too.

Getting Heatley would not be too expensive and depending who was sent out, it wouldn't screw Dallas' cap space. They won't get him, but he'd be a move in the right direction.

BeaverSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 04:42 PM
KingJet*
Welcome Back

It is possible because The Stars now think Fistric is worthless, Richards doesn't play well in Dallas, Eriksson will work well with Alfredssen, I might take Neal out. The First takes up the Remainder of the Trade. Dallas will take anyone, they took Ribeiro and I will never take Ribeiro, even if I were Brian Burke or the NYI, anyways if they will take Ribeiro, that means they're likely to take Heatley for all that. But i'll take out Neal.

KingJet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 05:23 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverSports View Post
Arnott didn't like it in Dallas and Ribeiro does. Im to lazy to look-up how many goals Ribeiro has assisted on with Morrow and vice versa. Morrow and Ribeiro compliment each other way to well to start thinking about trading him.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 06:14 PM
catters078

Quote:
It is possible because The Stars now think Fistric is worthless, Richards doesn't play well in Dallas, Eriksson will work well with Alfredssen, I might take Neal out. The First takes up the Remainder of the Trade. Dallas will take anyone, they took Ribeiro and I will never take Ribeiro, even if I were Brian Burke or the NYI, anyways if they will take Ribeiro, that means they're likely to take Heatley for all that. But i'll take out Neal.
Lol ok now your trolling.

Fistric was a 1st round pick who has taken a few years to develop (as bigger bodies do), the signs he has shown in the games he has played are very exciting for Dallas fans. he is a mean scott stevens type player and will become an invaluable aggressive defenseman over coming years especially being paired with Nicklas Grossman becoming a shutdown duo which will match any D pair (shutdown) in the league in the next 5 years..

Secondly, Richards was on pace for 80pts this year before he broke his wrists, and that was during a time when coach tippett was wasting him out of position, when on the point of the power play, Dallas became deadlt and Richards was our best player...

IM not saying I wouldnt trade Fistric as a piece to get Heatley, he would be a good piece Ottawa could look at...im just saying I hate when posters come on here who watch 3 Dallas games a year have an opinion on a developing prospect and think they know the value to a franchise. You know jack

catters078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 07:31 PM
Ogi1Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLERSKATES View Post
morrow + 8th overall
I wouldn't trade Morrow for Heatly straight up. Morrow is a more complete player than DH. He is a very solid two-way player, can score 30+ goals, creates traffic, and is even more effective on the ice when he doesn't have the puck.

Heatly can score 45-50 goals a season but that's it. He's one-dimensional. He doesn't backcheck very well, doesn't kill penalties and I've never seen him throw monster hits.

Quote:
No it's not....

Where the heck did you find this info?

Richards doesn't play well in Dallas? What?! He was on pace for 80 pts. until he got injured.

You might take out Neal?! How about you take back this ridiculous proposal?!!!

Dallas got Ribeiro by trading Janne Niinimaa to MTL. Are you telling me you would rather have a bottom pairing D-man than a #1 center?!

Ah, the Stars won't take Heatly because THEY DON'T NEED HIM. Another LW w/ a left-handed shot... I don't know if you've noticed but we have a logjam at LW. Also, this whole proposal DESTROYS Dallas' depth at every forward position. We don't want to end up with a hockey team that has one line of good players.

Last edited by Ogi1Kenobi: 06-10-2009 at 07:43 PM.
Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 07:34 PM
Manny*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaner Tazer View Post
I wouldn't trade Morrow for Heatly straight up. Morrow is a more complete player than DH. He is a very solid two-way player, can score 30+ goals, creates traffic, and is even more effective on the ice when he doesn't have the puck.

Heatly can score 45-50 goals a season but that's it. He's one-dimensional. He doesn't backcheck very well, doesn't kill penalties and I've never seen him throw monster hits.

No it's not....

Where the heck did you find this info?

Richards doesn't play well in Dallas? What?! He was on pace for 80 pts. until he got injured.

You might take out Neal?! How about you take back this ridiculous proposal?!!!

Dallas got Ribeiro for a spare part. Are you telling me you would rather have a bottom pairing D-man than a #1 center?!

Ah, the Stars won't take Heatly because THEY DON'T NEED HIM. Another LW w/ a left-handed shot... I don't know if you've noticed but we have a logjam at LW. Also, this whole proposal DESTROYS Dallas' depth at every forward position. We don't want to end up with a hockey team that has one line of good players.

Morrow > Heatley?

Sorry mate, you're wrong. Time to stop jocking your players.

Manny* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 07:40 PM
Ogi1Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny View Post
Morrow > Heatley?

Sorry mate, you're wrong. Time to stop jocking your players.
Wow, when did I ever say Morrow was better than Heatly.

I said Morrow is a more complete player. That doesn't necessarily mean he's better.

How am' I jocking our players its the truth.
Morrow does all those things I mentioned.

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 08:27 PM
Captain Awesome

I'm not sure what's dumber, the original trade or the bashing of Ribeiro. He plays the PK now for christ's sake, his game gets more complete every year.

Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 09:01 PM
redbeard7737

this trade is very lopsided for Ottawa, but Dallas badly needs a RW since they have Morrow, Neal, Brunnstrom and Benn at LW. One of them would have to go the other way in a package deal. I could see Dallas try to get Heatley but they would probably not want to part with what it would take. That being said, I don't know what the plan is with all those offensive minded LW's. Morrow is awesome and untouchable, Neal is very solid all around, leaving Brunnstrom and Benn for the third line. Neither would be on a fourth line.

redbeard7737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 09:02 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Wow, this trade gets better and better every time I look at it.

Is the OP even serious? I said it's overpayment, and he adds another player going the other way.

What a joke!

06-11-2009, 09:29 AM
LordHelmet

Quote:
Please stop.

You obviously don't have the slightest clue about what the Stars need or what they'll take

Like all young D-men, Fistric has had ups & downs but has played exceptionally well at times. The Stars were willing to forego the Richards trade because Tampa wanted us to include him. That's why that trade was made at the last minute. We wouldn't include Fistric, Tampa thought we were bluffing, caved at the last minute and accepted Jokinen and/or Halpern instead of Fistric.

We fleeced Montreal in the Riberio trade.

Richards has been outstanding here.

Your proposal is juvenile, ridiculous and doesn't have even the slightest, most remote possibility of being conceived in the mind of anyone who knows a shred about the needs of each team and fair trade value.

LordHelmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 10:21 PM
Dave Karp

vCash: 940
So you take a 2nd and the right to Comrie (which is fine, pointless in the first place) but then you add Neal? Whaaaaat?

Btw - I'm not a big Ribs fan but his play has drastically improved since Montreal. He's not a one dimensional player anymore.

Dave Karp is offline   Reply With Quote