HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dany Heatley asks for trade from Senators (per EJ Hradek on NHL Live)

Old
06-10-2009, 05:55 PM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

vCash: 500
Maybe im out to lunch here, but my own personal opinion is I don't like Frolov and I don't like Johnson, they're just not my type of players I guess, and im not trying to offend Kings fans at all, just my opinion.

I stay off this board for the most part cause somethings irk me with these trade proposals, such as the lowball offers. A fan of a team will give a lowball offer and tear down why the player they're trading for stinks and not worth this much etc etc etc, yet they WANT that player on their team, hence the trade proposal, and in the case of star players, they REALLY want that player on their team. Its like in fantasy yahoo hockey or sim league hockey when someone rips your player a part when talking about a trade and basically you're like, if you think hes that bad why are you offering a trade for him in the first place?

Anyway, I made a post of it on the Sens board, so ill give my trade proposal a whirl as like I said I dont really focus on this stuff too often. Now bear in mind I have NO idea what the Yotes are looking for, what their financial situation really is in, looking for a player like Heatley, etc. Basically my idea was Shane Doan + Upshall for Heatley.

PeterSidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 05:55 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Graves View Post
What I said had NOTHING to do with changing the topic, at all and you know it.
What you said was an attempt to get a rise out of Kings fans. Sure there are a few Kings fans that think Dustin is the second coming but the overwhelming majority have a grasp on what he is. He is the most overrated player in the league by a tiny sample of Kings fans. And you are still wrong because you were the first person to bring up Giguere (a Ducks player) and the only reason you did it was because you were insulting Dustin Brown in the process. Your comment was intended to get a rise and you did. If your child being sick or injured in some for can have an effect on you beloved Stanley Cup winning and Conn Smythe winning goalie, than it is reasonable to believe that about the "the most overrated player in hockey" as well.

But go ahead and think you are being the better person. You are just a childish as the communist Kings fans.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 06:02 PM
eightyseven

I don't understand what Heatley means by a "more significant role" on the team. If he wants a bigger role, he'd have even MORE SPOTLIGHT on him. It just doesn't make sense if he doesn't like that kind of scrutiny. Here in Ottawa, he can still hide behind Alfie, who talks way more to the media and takes it like a man.

The Ottawa Senators are a one-line team, Heatley gets A LOT of minutes. And Alfie isn't getting any younger. Secondly, I don't know if he'd want to go to Vancouver, the Sedins are likely to re-sign there and they are the "go to" guys on that team. Behind that, a rising young star in Ryan Kesler helps them out. Since Heatley doesn't play on the PK, he'd still get less ice time than the other players. In San Jose or Anaheim, he wouldn't be the primary player either. LA Kings makes sense since Kopitar is inconsistant at best but Brown is still the captain there. In Chicago, he'd be just another player...Toews and Kane are the stars there.

Edmonton makes sense since he could help the young guys there. But does he not realize there would be just as much pressure in Western Canada!? I honestly don't think Ottawa's media is that bad...Toronto or Montreal is MUCH WORSE.

Am I missing something? I still don't fully understand his situation. Maybe he's just too lazy to get in shape and actually play two-way hockey on the ice.

eightyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 06:10 PM
Brickwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSidorkiewicz View Post
Maybe im out to lunch here, but my own personal opinion is I don't like Frolov and I don't like Johnson, they're just not my type of players I guess, and im not trying to offend Kings fans at all, just my opinion.

I stay off this board for the most part cause somethings irk me with these trade proposals, such as the lowball offers. A fan of a team will give a lowball offer and tear down why the player they're trading for stinks and not worth this much etc etc etc, yet they WANT that player on their team, hence the trade proposal, and in the case of star players, they REALLY want that player on their team. Its like in fantasy yahoo hockey or sim league hockey when someone rips your player a part when talking about a trade and basically you're like, if you think hes that bad why are you offering a trade for him in the first place?

Anyway, I made a post of it on the Sens board, so ill give my trade proposal a whirl as like I said I dont really focus on this stuff too often. Now bear in mind I have NO idea what the Yotes are looking for, what their financial situation really is in, looking for a player like Heatley, etc. Basically my idea was Shane Doan + Upshall for Heatley.
Feel free to say whatever you want even if you piss off a few Kings fans (and I am a Kings Fan). If you don't like the trade, the players or you don't the color of the uniforms it doesn't matter. If you think the logic if flawed then point it out and back it up OR if it pisses you off that much just ignore it.

The problem with only visiting only your own board is that you only wind up exchanging ideas with like minded people which creates "inbred" ideas. Everyone agrees and pats each other on the back and discourages any real thought.

As for your proposal you raised some great questions yourself but I would also add would Heatly waive his NTC to go to the Yotes? Now hopefully we can have some Yotes fans chime is as to why he would and hear some arguments why he wouldn't.

In the end you won't be hurt one way or the other.

Brickwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 06:26 PM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickwall View Post
Feel free to say whatever you want even if you piss off a few Kings fans (and I am a Kings Fan). If you don't like the trade, the players or you don't the color of the uniforms it doesn't matter. If you think the logic if flawed then point it out and back it up OR if it pisses you off that much just ignore it.

The problem with only visiting only your own board is that you only wind up exchanging ideas with like minded people which creates "inbred" ideas. Everyone agrees and pats each other on the back and discourages any real thought.

As for your proposal you raised some great questions yourself but I would also add would Heatly waive his NTC to go to the Yotes? Now hopefully we can have some Yotes fans chime is as to why he would and hear some arguments why he wouldn't.

In the end you won't be hurt one way or the other.

Nah I meant it more is I dont come to this board specifically because I never got into the whole trade proposal scenerio thing, usually I just rather let it play itself out then think of an offer, which I know will probably never ever happen anyway. I like hearing the rumours moreso than anything.

As far as why Im personally not interested in Johnson and Frolov as maybe "dont like" was too strong of words, is because while tremondously skilled, they are sort of a playoff uncertainty to me, and in that regard im referring to Frolov mostly. I just wonder if he would be one of those playoff targets for not showing up. In the end id probably be semi-happy if we got that entire package for Heatley because it means we did get a lot as far as a return skill wise and at least we acquired players who can fill in immediately, just the players im definitely still on the fence about. Lets just say im not holding my breathe that a trade like that is going to happen anyway.

PeterSidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 06:49 PM
HSF

i think

Frolov
JJ
5th overall

is a very REALISTIC deal, just cause JJ and Frolov need contracts soon, so they arent worth as much since Frolov could walk, and JJ will get a raise. So LA might want to just pay Heatley 7.5 mill instead of having to pay JJ and Frolov say 8-9 mill combined

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 07:39 PM
allworldcaucasn*

Send a message via AIM to allworldcaucasn*
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post
i think

Frolov
JJ
5th overall

is a very REALISTIC deal, just cause JJ and Frolov need contracts soon, so they arent worth as much since Frolov could walk, and JJ will get a raise. So LA might want to just pay Heatley 7.5 mill instead of having to pay JJ and Frolov say 8-9 mill combined
The 5th overall isn't anything to sneeze at. How many years are left on Frolov and Johnson?

allworldcaucasn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 07:45 PM
HSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJfortheCUP View Post
The 5th overall isn't anything to sneeze at. How many years are left on Frolov and Johnson?
JJ needs a contract THIS offseason

Frolov needs one NEXT offseason

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 07:59 PM
TheHMan

Keeping JJ and Frolov may be feasible for Ottawa...

Important players needing a raise in 2010:

Frolov (Hard to guess 5-7M)
JJ (extension carries over 1-2 extra years ~2.5-3M)
Volchenkov (3.5-4M)
Lee (2.5-3M)
Foligno (2.5-3M)

Leaves us at around 51.5M, and we'll most likely need to sign 4-5 bottom 6 guys.

Doable, but if we simply move Picard or Campoli and Kuba, then we'll be able to manage the cap. Pretty rough numbers and not that easy to estimate the values exactly, but it may be possible.

TheHMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 08:25 PM
allworldcaucasn*

Send a message via AIM to allworldcaucasn*
The 5th overall and Frolov would EASILY be enough, IMO.

allworldcaucasn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 08:47 PM
Soundwave

Frolov and his wife absolutely love Los Angeles, there's a fair chance they would walk after a year and sign back in California. That's the risk of getting a guy with only year left to UFA status.

If I'm Ottawa I'd ask for Dustin Brown.

Soundwave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 09:06 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
Frolov and his wife absolutely love Los Angeles, there's a fair chance they would walk after a year and sign back in California. That's the risk of getting a guy with only year left to UFA status.

If I'm Ottawa I'd ask for Dustin Brown.
Brown and his wife also love LA which was the dominating factor in him signing a hometown discounted long-term contract. That plus his leadership abilities contributed to his becoming captain and him being untouchable. Kopitar, Brown, Doughty, Quick, and Bernier cannot be traded at all without very gross (Crosby-esque) overpayment. Frolov is just like a step under them on that list and so forth. If you really tried you could get Frolov, but you aren't seeing Brown. If Brown is the only player they are interested in then Heatley isn't coming to LA.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is online now   Reply With Quote