HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Buf-Phx

Old
06-09-2009, 06:39 PM
nEaLB4ZoD

vCash: 500
Buf-Phx

To Buffalo:

Doan

To Phoenix:

Stafford
MacArthur
1st in 2010

nEaLB4ZoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 06:49 PM
HabsInsideOut

I think Doan commands more than that. Not saying the value for Doan's skill isn't there. But it does take an overpayment to get a face of a franchise traded

HabsInsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 07:25 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Officer Clutterbuck

You really love Doan don't you? You've made a lot of proposals for him.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 07:28 PM
sabrefan2930

As Buffalo, I would do this in a heartbeat,

sabrefan2930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 09:52 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan2930 View Post
As Buffalo, I would do this in a heartbeat,
And as Phoenix you would say no, a million times no.

06-09-2009, 10:32 PM
wayne98

i guess i am alone on this one, i think buff is giving up too much, stafford is still young and has the potential to be a top 3-6 forward. plus buff gives up a 1st and macarthur. nothing against doan i think he is a great player and leader to have on any team, its just he is getting older, i dont know tough one to call i guess

wayne98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2009, 10:45 PM
nEaLB4ZoD

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot723 View Post
You really love Doan don't you? You've made a lot of proposals for him.
I think he would be the perfect guy to toughen up the ********* Sabres.

Old
06-10-2009, 02:50 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

For the hundreth time on essentially the same proposal, no. Doan says no, too. He's never going to be a Sabre. He's not going to move to New York. It's not going to happen. If your team isn't a Stanley Cup contender or doesn't play in the NorthWest or Pacific divisions then forget about it. There is a reason why he demanded a NMC in his last contract.

Last edited by rt: 06-10-2009 at 02:56 AM.
rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 07:06 AM
CaptPantalones

Buffalo gives up too much. Stafford will be better then Doan with time

CaptPantalones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 09:54 AM
Alberta Yote
Nice run

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptPantalones View Post
Buffalo gives up too much. Stafford will be better then Doan with time
You're right, Doan will eventually retire.

Alberta Yote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 10:21 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Yote View Post
I need a new monitor!

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 10:25 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Yote View Post
good one

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 01:44 PM
Coyote_Fan

the only way Doan plays anywhere near Buffalo this season is if A) the Coyotes play at Buffalo or B) he moves to Hamilton with the rest of the team. I hope A.

Coyote_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 02:14 PM
sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
For the hundreth time on essentially the same proposal, no. Doan says no, too. He's never going to be a Sabre. He's not going to move to New York. It's not going to happen. If your team isn't a Stanley Cup contender or doesn't play in the NorthWest or Pacific divisions then forget about it. There is a reason why he demanded a NMC in his last contract.
He is playing on a much worse non-contender that is about as far away from his hometown as Buffalo. I understand your point, but he could be playing on a horrible team that is about 45 miles from Buffalo in a few months anyway, so he might consider other options at this point.

I don't think this is enough to get Doan, but he's a player most teams would love to have. IF Doan were to consider Buffalo (which as you pointed out he probably wouldn't right now), I'd offer Roy and Phoenix's pick of a 1st or Sekera.

sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 08:43 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauce View Post
He is playing on a much worse non-contender that is about as far away from his hometown as Buffalo. I understand your point, but he could be playing on a horrible team that is about 45 miles from Buffalo in a few months anyway, so he might consider other options at this point.

I don't think this is enough to get Doan, but he's a player most teams would love to have. IF Doan were to consider Buffalo (which as you pointed out he probably wouldn't right now), I'd offer Roy and Phoenix's pick of a 1st or Sekera.
Doan's hometown is Phoenix. If the team moves, he doesn't have to go anywhere. It's a NMC. Even if they say he has to, he'll just publicly demand a trade to a Pacific or Northwestern division contender. I imagine that if the Coyotes are moving to Ontario, Doan will want to go to one of Dallas, Colorado, Anaheim, San Jose, Vancouver, Calgary, or Edmonton. I'd be very suprised if the team were to move to Ontario for next season, and Doan wasn't wearing one of those other seven uniforms on opening night.

Your proposal is very good, by the way. Too good, really. Buffalo is probably over paying there.

Old
06-10-2009, 10:19 PM
nEaLB4ZoD

Quote:
Oh I'm sorry I forgot that this wasn't a fantasy trade rumors board where people make proposals of which 99.9% don't come true. My mistake it won't happen again. Maybe you can tell me where to post my fantasy trade proposal.

Old
06-10-2009, 10:37 PM
hbk

The return on Doan is really secondary. If Doan wanted to be dealt, he's going to have a huge influence as to where he ends up and there would be a large number of teams lining up to acquire his services; especially at his current contract. I'm like rt, I just don't see Doan willing to trade his current lifestyle to live in Buffalo. I think he'd prefer to play in a different market.

hbk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 10:47 PM
nEaLB4ZoD

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
The return on Doan is really secondary. If Doan wanted to be dealt, he's going to have a huge influence as to where he ends up and there would be a large number of teams lining up to acquire his services; especially at his current contract. I'm like rt, I just don't see Doan willing to trade his current lifestyle to live in Buffalo. I think he'd prefer to play in a different market.
How do you know? I love how people just assume they have insight to Shane Doan's mind and personal thoughts.

Old
06-11-2009, 12:22 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyzHockey View Post
Oh I'm sorry I forgot that this wasn't a fantasy trade rumors board where people make proposals of which 99.9% don't come true. My mistake it won't happen again. Maybe you can tell me where to post my fantasy trade proposal.
Perhaps on an imaginary message board, a place where you are safe from any possible negative feedback? Maybe until your skin gets at least a little thicker, that might be the best place.

Last edited by rt: 06-11-2009 at 12:30 AM.
Old
06-11-2009, 12:28 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
How do you know? I love how people just assume they have insight to Shane Doan's mind and personal thoughts.
Perhaps if you followed Doan as closely as some others you might gain some insight as well. There is something to be said for listening to every interview, watching every segment, and reading every article about the man for the last twelve years. Obviously there is more to the picture than what is presented to the public, but I would say that there is a certain amount of truth that can be taken away from such a practice. Nobody is saying for sure, but we have strong reason for strong doubt.

Old
06-11-2009, 12:32 AM
nEaLB4ZoD

Quote:
Perhaps on an imaginary message board, a place where you are safe from any possible negative feedback? Maybe until your skin gets at least a little thicker, that might be the best place.
I wouldn't talk about thick skin when you automatically squash any Doan thread and starting it with for the 100 time garbage.

Old
06-11-2009, 01:06 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
I wouldn't talk about thick skin when you automatically squash any Doan thread and starting it with for the 100 time garbage.
A hundred was a bit much. I'll give you that. I have seem some version of the Doan for Stafford(and extras) proposal probably close to a dozen times in the last few years, though. It sure seems that way, anyway. I'm sorry that my pointing out the fact that this has been discussed over and over and over again hurt your feelings. If I could un-ring that bell I would. Believe me, I'd love nothing more than that opportunity. Unfortunately, all I can do is apologize and hope that some day, some how, you can bring yourself to find it in your heart to forgive me, and my cruel, cruel actions of this day.

Old
06-11-2009, 09:14 AM
wayne98

Quote:
dude that RT guy is a dick, he response to everyone like they are idiots and that he is the smartest person in the world, i have had a huge fight with this guy over that same ****. when you dealing with this guy be prepared to get in a fight cause thats all this guy or girl wants to do is fight with people on this, he forgets why this site is even here. peace bro!

Old
06-11-2009, 09:16 AM
wayne98

Quote:
Perhaps if you followed Doan as closely as some others you might gain some insight as well. There is something to be said for listening to every interview, watching every segment, and reading every article about the man for the last twelve years. Obviously there is more to the picture than what is presented to the public, but I would say that there is a certain amount of truth that can be taken away from such a practice. Nobody is saying for sure, but we have strong reason for strong doubt.
your just an ******* to everyone eh? all you want to do is fight with everyone, moron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
06-11-2009, 09:57 AM
Alberta Yote
Nice run

If we're fighting I'll be on rt's side.

As for rt's long, drawn out decription of 12 years of interviews, blah, blah, blah, what he really meant to say is that Doan is a hick. He grew up a hick in rural Alberta and he lives his life as a hick on his big Arizona ranch. He's a hick, his wife is probably a hick, I'm guessing his kids are hicks, hell his entire family are hicks.

Does this give you more insight into why he may not prefer the T.O., Buffalo, NY areas?

Alberta Yote is offline   Reply With Quote