HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edm/ott

Old
06-10-2009, 08:51 PM
Salim786

vCash: 500
Edm/ott

To Edmonton:
Dany Heatley

To Ottawa:
10th overall
Jeff Petry
Tom Gilbert
Jordan Eberle
Riley Nash/Alex Plante

Edmonton needs someone to play with Hemsky, why not a guy who's scored 50 goals before?

Ottawa gets a high pick, a puck-moving defenseman in Gilbert, a solid prospect in Eberle and an all-round dman playing in college right now in Petry. Add a solid two-way forward OR stay-at-home dman and this is a pretty good package

Salim786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 08:57 PM
oilsands
NHL Supertar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salim786 View Post
To Edmonton:
Dany Heatley

To Ottawa:
10th overall
Jeff Petry
Tom Gilbert
Jordan Eberle
Riley Nash/Alex Plante

e
A top 10 pick in a deep draft, #3 Dman, and EDMs three top prospects? Take out Eberle or the top 10 pick (both have the same value).

oilsands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 09:01 PM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 226
overpayment IMO. I agree with the above post too, take off one of Eberle or the 1st but throw in Nilsson/Moreau to at least make salary close.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 09:02 PM
SFKingshomer

Overpayment by EDM. Petry is really underrated and I've wanted him on LA since I saw him play for Des Moines.

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 09:03 PM
bert

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilGagner89 View Post
overpayment IMO. I agree with the above post too, take off one of Eberle or the 1st but throw in Nilsson/Moreau to at least make salary close.
28 year old perenial 50 goal scorer in his prime I feel like Ottawa could do better.

Gagne
Gilbert
Eberle
1st

for

Heatley
Smith

bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 09:23 PM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert View Post
28 year old perenial 50 goal scorer in his prime I feel like Ottawa could do better.

Gagne
Gilbert
Eberle
1st

for

Heatley
Smith
Still overpayment. Cogs + Gilbert + Chorney +2nd Round could get it done.

Paralyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 09:25 PM
bert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer View Post
Still overpayment. Cogs + Gilbert + Chorney +2nd Round could get it done.
Not if im the ottawa gm.

bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 09:26 PM
HSF

Gagner
10th
Gilbert

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 09:42 PM
OilerzFRLife

heatley

i honestly believe all of the above trades taht are mentioned are way over offered. llets not forget people about pronger leaving edmonton because he wanted out. as soon as a player wants out his trade value decreases a fair bit and plus with the cap looking like it will decrease and teams not being abel to make room for heatley id be shocked if brian murray got more then 3 offers. not that 27 teams arent interested just taht they cant take his salary on.

gilbert 4 mil
cogliano or o sullivan 800k or 2.965 m
2nd round pick this year

for

heatley.

ottawa is in teh same position edmonton was in. living in edmonton i expected a big trade for pronger but we didnt get a whole lot in return besides really smid and the 1st round pick. cogs and o' sullivan are young and have put up pretty good points along with an already proven puck mover. you offer what i just did and deal is done.

ottawa fans are expecting way too much outta this one..... cant say i blame them though. thankfully my friend you are not ottawas gm because heatley would be sittin pressbox....

OilerzFRLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 09:55 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
once again look at the pronger trade as you guys looked at it when it happened, not how it has turned out now (obviously edmonton got screwed in hindsight).

Lupul: young top-line winger expected to be perrenial 30-35 goal scorer
Smid: top-10 pick expected to turn into a premier defensive defenceman. He is still on his way to that.
1st: Not our fault lowe used it on Riley Nash
1st: Jordan Eberle, expected to be a top-6 scoring NHLer

so promising young player, top pick, and 2 1st rounders. That's what it will take. I'm thinking Gagner, Eberle, 10th overall, and conditional '10 1st if oilers make the finals.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 09:58 PM
One Trick Pony*

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
once again look at the pronger trade as you guys looked at it when it happened, not how it has turned out now (obviously edmonton got screwed in hindsight).

Smid: top-10 pick expected to turn into a premier defensive defenceman. He is still on his way to that.

so promising young player, top pick, and 2 1st rounders. That's what it will take. I'm thinking Gagner, Eberle, 10th overall, and conditional '10 1st if oilers make the finals.

I'm thinking Gilbert over Gagner. If the Oilers got Getzlaf in the Pronger deal over Lupul, then we can discuss shipping Gagner to you guys. Otherwise, it isn't really comparable at all.

Gilbert
Eberle
1st round pick in 2010
2nd round pick in 2011
Conditional 1st in 2011

One Trick Pony* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 10:00 PM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Not if im the ottawa gm.
If you were the Ottawa GM you wouldn't get taken too seriously. Becuase that is alot worse of overpayment.

Old
06-10-2009, 10:03 PM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Riley Nash is actually looking very promising and could be a bottom 9 player for Edmonton in the future, it was a solid pick.

Old
06-10-2009, 10:04 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskyoil View Post
A top 10 pick in a deep draft, #3 Dman, and EDMs three top prospects? Take out Eberle or the top 10 pick (both have the same value).
Fine, keep Petry, Nash/Plante. But there's something that's gonna have to give as the last piece. And it can't just be a throw in.

This one was close. Much closer than some of the silly other ones. Remember, Ottawa's losing a 50 goal man, we need to replenish with quality, not just quantity.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 10:05 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:

I don't think you make the deal unless Gilbert's involved.

Or Souray or Visnovsky. But each has a smaller level of value (age, contract, etc.)

Old
06-10-2009, 10:09 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Trick Pony View Post
I'm thinking Gilbert over Gagner. If the Oilers got Getzlaf in the Pronger deal over Lupul, then we can discuss shipping Gagner to you guys. Otherwise, it isn't really comparable at all.

Gilbert
Eberle
1st round pick in 2010
2nd round pick in 2011
Conditional 1st in 2011
do it before the draft and make every pick one year more recent.
Honestly, i think you're overrating gagner and underrating gilbert. I think their value is pretty close to each other, so i dont really mind who you put there for an argument about heatley's trade value... the point is a promising young player who can be expected to play a top-line role (be it offensive or defensive) for a while.

IIRC pronger wanting out was leaked the day before the draft in 2006. I think Murray learned from that and leaked it earlier this year to try to get more time to have a deal done before the draft so that one year of development time is not lost on those prospects and so that the draft pick value will be more certain.

Rampant speculation in ottawa is that murray is the one who leaked this, because heatley doesnt benefit at all from having this leaked (it simply brings question to his character and turns fans against him) while murray has a lot to gain (opposing teams fans and media begin to dream up heatley situations, GM's get into a bidding war).

Old
06-10-2009, 10:09 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 106
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salim786 View Post
To Edmonton:
Dany Heatley

To Ottawa:
10th overall
Jeff Petry
Tom Gilbert
Jordan Eberle
Riley Nash/Alex Plante

Edmonton needs someone to play with Hemsky, why not a guy who's scored 50 goals before?

Ottawa gets a high pick, a puck-moving defenseman in Gilbert, a solid prospect in Eberle and an all-round dman playing in college right now in Petry. Add a solid two-way forward OR stay-at-home dman and this is a pretty good package
Counter: Heatley for Souray and 1st 09

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 10:17 PM
CrosbyCrosby*

Oilers would do that (@ last post)

CrosbyCrosby* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 10:17 PM
blackcoffee

Quote:

Nash has played above expectations since being drafted, and you'll have trouble finding any knowledgeable hockey person who will argue differently.

blackcoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 10:19 PM
oilers_guy_eddie

Quote:

Gagne
Gilbert
Eberle
1st

for

Heatley
Smith
That's awfully steep. If that's the price, I don't think the Oilers are in the bidding.

I doubt anybody else is either, mind you.

oilers_guy_eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 10:20 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniSens15 View Post
Counter: Heatley for Souray and 1st 09
No way!

Old
06-10-2009, 10:22 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_guy_eddie View Post
That's awfully steep. If that's the price, I don't think the Oilers are in the bidding.

I doubt anybody else is either, mind you.
No way that's the price. It's not Gagner and Gilbert I wouldn't think.

Gilbert
Eberle
10th Overall

for

Heatley

Something like that, where the Sens get a solid, top 4, puck-moving D-man under contract, a blue-chip prospect and a high draft pick.

Old
06-10-2009, 10:25 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 106
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
No way!
Why not? lol

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 10:30 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcoffee View Post
Nash has played above expectations since being drafted, and you'll have trouble finding any knowledgeable hockey person who will argue differently.
i'm not high on him, and that's my opinion. No reason for that backhanded insult.

At every draft, i'm hoping for the players i want to go to teams i like (because i know its not realistic to have all of them go to the sens) and praying teams i like dont take players i'm low on or fell have problems.

During the 2007 draft, i was hoping cherapanov or esposito would fall to them, or that they would take backlund. I was not very high on nash, who i felt benefitted from playing in a weaker league. While he has done well in college so far, i'm still not confident he will make the transition to the NHL well, so we'll have to wait and see.

Old
06-10-2009, 10:33 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

Quote:

Gagne
Gilbert
Eberle
1st

for

Heatley
Smith
that's way too much to expect.

And am I the only one annoyed at the number of people that spell Sam Gagner's name wrong? His dad was a pretty damn famous NHLer.