HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ott-chi-la

Old
06-10-2009, 08:54 PM
Hawksfan12*

vCash: 500
Ott-chi-la

To LA - Heatly and Kelly

To CHI - Jason Smith and Handzus

To OTT - Campbell, JJ, Frolov, Skille

Chi gets rid of campbell's contract and skille loses skille but doesnt take much future cap hit, LA gets a cheaper 3rd line c and gets a true 40-50 goal sniper, but loses JJ and frolov, Ott loses Heatley but also loses a future cap hit in Kelly, although the contracts work out the same for OTT its hard to deny that they are not a much better team after this trade.

Hawksfan12* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 08:58 PM
JoeSakic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan12 View Post
To LA - Heatly and Kelly

To CHI - Jason Smith and Handzus

Chi gets rid of campbell's contract and skille loses skille but doesnt take much future cap hit, LA gets a cheaper 3rd line c and gets a true 40-50 goal sniper, but loses JJ and frolov, Ott loses Heatley but also loses a future cap hit in Kelly, although the contracts work out the same for OTT its hard to deny that they are not a much better team after this trade.
I'd have to think about this one...that Campbell contract is really ugly but man oh man I like the thought of adding Frolov and Skille up front while also adding JJ. Man that's an ugly contract though.

JoeSakic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 08:59 PM
SFKingshomer

LOL. No thanks.

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 09:01 PM
JoeSakic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
LOL. No thanks.
Just curious why? You'd lose the Hadzus contract and I think it's more than fair that you'd be giving up Frolov and JJ for Heatley. Interested in your thoughts on this one.

JoeSakic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 09:05 PM
Hawksfan12*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSakic View Post
Just curious why? You'd lose the Hadzus contract and I think it's more than fair that you'd be giving up Frolov and JJ for Heatley. Interested in your thoughts on this one.
yeah i actually was trying to think of all the teams before i posted. Kelly and Heater for Zus, Frolov and JJ is pretty good i think from an LA point of view.

Old
06-10-2009, 09:07 PM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
While Handzus is overpaid, he was very valuable to Wayne Simmonds development last season and does fine in a shutdown role. Frolov is arguably our best 2 way player and I feel he brings more to the ice than Heatley who's more 1 dimensional. I'd also like to keep JJ around because he's not close to being developed and LA isn't in position to unload their promising defense.

Old
06-10-2009, 09:09 PM
Hawksfan12*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
While Handzus is overpaid, he was very valuable to Wayne Simmonds development last season and does fine in a shutdown role. Frolov is arguably our best 2 way player and I feel he brings more to the ice than Heatley who's more 1 dimensional. I'd also like to keep JJ around because he's not close to being developed and LA isn't in position to unload their promising defense.
well though i respect your opinion i think more people than not will feel its very fair for an LA point of view at the least.

Old
06-10-2009, 09:09 PM
Sniper7

Send a message via Yahoo to Sniper7
Quote:
That's huge overpayment for Heatley, plus Handzus has a no movement clause. If LA trades for Heatley we trade the 5th & prospectsor jj & the 5th. We're one of the few teams with cap room to take on any high priced player & since there a plenty of them to choose from DL will take the one that best fits. Any team that is trying to move a high priced player, no matter how talented they are, is at a disadvantage because of the cap.

Last edited by Sniper7: 06-10-2009 at 09:17 PM.
Sniper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 09:11 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
There should be a rule. If misspell Heatley, your trade proposal disappears. Penalties double if you're Canadian.

I just don't see this happening and I really don't see too much motivation from Chicago's point of view. Not to mention that Handzus has a NMC and the only reason he has one is because the Kings matched Chicago's offer dollar for dollar but threw in the NMC to sweeten the deal... Handzus came here full expecting to stay the full term. In the end, there is a lot heading out of LA, but I will give props to liking the 5th not being included.

I also just do not see the need for three teams to be in this deal. I can't see this one getting beyond the drawing board.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi

Last edited by Telos: 06-10-2009 at 09:16 PM.
Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 09:12 PM
xicethug13x

as a chicago fan id do it then bury zeus in the minors and just eat his contract as long as we get it of the cap...this trade would free up alota cap space for us but we have no use for zeus at his contract

xicethug13x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 09:13 PM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
well though i respect your opinion i think more people than not will feel its very fair for an LA point of view at the least.
I've seen a lot worse proposals but I'm in the opinion that LA isn't in the position to unload multiple assets for 1 player, especially a winger. I'd do that deal for Vinny though.

Old
06-10-2009, 09:18 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by xicethug13x View Post
as a chicago fan id do it then bury zeus in the minors and just eat his contract as long as we get it of the cap...this trade would free up alota cap space for us but we have no use for zeus at his contract
No problem for LA keeping him, Ice Thug.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 09:25 PM
Hawksfan12*

interesting thoughts from each side, keep em coming

Old
06-10-2009, 09:32 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

If we are going to send someone to Chicago, I want one of their 3rd/4th liners instead of Kelly. I would much prefer to keep Zus than have Kelly. In fact, unless we are upgrading our 2nd line center, I want to keep Zus altogether. Too valuable. I'm hoping he stays through his contract and resigns a cheap retirement contract to center the 4th line and be the yearly veteran mentor for the youngsters in the bottom 6.

While I agree with Telos, props for leaving out the 5th overall, I just couldn't handle losing both JJ and Fro, let alone in the same trade. So in the end I wouldn't do this, and don't think it works throwing Chicago into the mix.

Value is pretty much there though.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 09:39 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
give away a top top 3 attacker and a top pair defenseman for a top 3 attacker ?????????

where is the sense????

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 09:41 PM
Hawksfan12*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
If we are going to send someone to Chicago, I want one of their 3rd/4th liners instead of Kelly. I would much prefer to keep Zus than have Kelly. In fact, unless we are upgrading our 2nd line center, I want to keep Zus altogether. Too valuable. I'm hoping he stays through his contract and resigns a cheap retirement contract to center the 4th line and be the yearly veteran mentor for the youngsters in the bottom 6.

While I agree with Telos, props for leaving out the 5th overall, I just couldn't handle losing both JJ and Fro, let alone in the same trade. So in the end I wouldn't do this, and don't think it works throwing Chicago into the mix.

Value is pretty much there though.
does colin fraser (sp?) work for ya so something like:

To LA - Heatley and Fraser+ 3rd or Kelly

To CHI - Jason Smith and Stoll

Old
06-10-2009, 09:44 PM
Hawksfan12*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
give away a top top 3 attacker and a top pair defenseman for a top 3 attacker ?????????

where is the sense????
Top 5-8 winger in the game for a potential #1 Dman and Frolov who many people feel will be traded or leave next summer as a ufa

Old
06-10-2009, 09:51 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Top 5-8 winger in the game for a potential #1 Dman and Frolov who many people feel will be traded or leave next summer as a ufa
pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee

Frolov already said he will resign
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=629411
and Johnson was out of the game for 49 Games !!!!! sure he didn't scored 25 goals.....
but after he came back he was by far our best defender even in front of Doughty.........

what is going on these days.......... idiots always offers us 1 player and asking for 3 elite players........... are you serious???? Hockey is not played by stats....

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 09:52 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
does colin fraser (sp?) work for ya so something like:

To LA - Heatley and Fraser+ 3rd or Kelly

To CHI - Jason Smith and Stoll

Nah. I was thinking more along the lines of Eager/Burish/Ladd.

And trading Stoll is the same, if not worse than trading Zus without a 2nd line center coming back. Stoll would be a great 3rd line center, but is fine for now as 2nd line center, whereas Zus is the perfect 3rd line center but a poor 2nd line center.

Figure something else out other than JJ AND Fro.

If you insist on including Chicago...

To LA: Heatley and Burish and Hawks 3rd round pick

To CHI: Smith, Kelly and Martinez and Ott 2nd round pick

To OTT: JJ, Purcell, Boyle, Campbell and Skille and LA 2nd round pick

I don't know, it just gets too confusing with Chicago in there because there really isn't anything of ours I would think they would want.

Old
06-10-2009, 09:54 PM
Hawksfan12*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee

Frolov already said he will resign
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=629411
and Johnson was out of the game for 49 Games !!!!! sure he didn't scored 25 goals.....
but after he came back he was by far our best defender even in front of Doughty.........

what is going on these days.......... idiots always offers us 1 player and asking for 3 elite players........... are you serious???? Hockey is not played by stats....
Heatley is not elite but Zus, JJ, and Frolov are

Old
06-10-2009, 09:55 PM
SpezDispenser

We won't be trading Dany Heatley and picking up the contract of a Brian Campbell. There's no way.

JJ's out as well. He's overvalued and I don't like what I've read about his attitude. And he's due for a new contract.

LA's not getting Heatley without the 5th overall and one of Teubert or Hickey minimum.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 09:56 PM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Heatley is not elite but Zus, JJ, and Frolov are
Heatley is too 1 dimensional. I'd be pissed if DL traded Frolov straight up for him.

Old
06-10-2009, 09:57 PM
Shellz

Stoll was our best faceoff guy and on the PP. I don't see why he would leave. The guy is getting married in the next 2 months. I'd hate to see him having to worry about moving aswell. So, I don't see that happening. Kings just have too many valuable players

Handz is also very important to the young guys. You can't say that enough. Young guys need that atmosphere in the dressing rooms and on the ice. I'm not saying Chris can't do it... but, I think DL would be stupid to mess that chemistry up. He's a strong 3rd liner and plus I doubt he would waive his NMC.

Last edited by Shellz: 06-10-2009 at 10:03 PM.
Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 09:58 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
We won't be trading Dany Heatley and picking up the contract of a Brian Campbell. There's no way.

JJ's out as well. He's overvalued and I don't like what I've read about his attitude. And he's due for a new contract.

LA's not getting Heatley without the 5th overall and one of Teubert or Hickey minimum.
Sounds good.

5th overall and Teubert and scraps for Heatley.

Old
06-10-2009, 09:59 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelle121 View Post
...I doubt he would waive his NMC.
If there was a place he would waive it for it would be Chicago though, I'll give the OP that.