HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

SE 16 or 10k?

Old
06-10-2009, 01:26 AM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

vCash: 500
SE 16 or 10k?

I have a one95 and s17, the one95 is my favorite so far. However, I've heard very good things about the 10k and a few people here like the se16 a lot, so which is lighter and better for wrist and snappers mostly? The puck feel also matters too.

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 09:21 AM
Saved*

I used a 10k and like the feel. For super light sticks, I also like the U+ though.

Saved* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 09:28 AM
nyrangers10

just bought an se16 and its a sick stick. great feel and shot.

nyrangers10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 03:41 PM
Cams

I'd love to get my hands on either one of these. Unfortunately - I'd be absolutely insane to spend the cash needed to acquire either one... It is my understanding the SE16 is more of a power stick, so I'd be inclined to use the S17 - despite that I've heard there is a brittle spot just above the blade where the shaft transitions to oval.

Cams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 04:08 PM
drorange14

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrangers10 View Post
just bought an se16 and its a sick stick. great feel and shot.
What he said. I find my wrist shots and snap shots are noticeably harder than with my old stick (Dolomite). Its also ridiculously light.

drorange14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 04:18 PM
Johnny Law

10k prostock is in my opinion better than the retail. Its not quite as light but way more durable.

To me sticks are like women, you can make a recommendation but each person has to choose their own.

Johnny Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 04:42 PM
dirtydevs9

Send a message via AIM to dirtydevs9
What stick was Zetterberg using last night..was that the SE16?

dirtydevs9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 05:15 PM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24godard View Post
Probably. He tends to be a Synergy guy. Show me a photo and I can confirm it though.

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 07:01 PM
nyrangers10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24godard View Post
se16 grip....and no its not going to make you play like him

Old
06-10-2009, 07:09 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Quote:
you cant really be sure if its a grip unless youve held it or seen it up close because the players get custom paint jobs

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 07:33 PM
nyrangers10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 View Post
you cant really be sure if its a grip unless youve held it or seen it up close because the players get custom paint jobs
yeah, true..i just figured he was looking to buy the red se16.....love the name by the way haha.

Old
06-10-2009, 07:46 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Quote:
yeah, true..i just figured he was looking to buy the red se16.....love the name by the way haha.
haha thanks, im not too fond of yours

Old
06-10-2009, 08:19 PM
dirtydevs9

Send a message via AIM to dirtydevs9
Quote:
Nah not to fond of Easton, but I saw it last night and was just wondering.

dirtydevs9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 02:20 AM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

Quote:
Actually, not usually. It can be done, but typically players jsut get the stock colors. Some teams will order them in different colors like the pens, but it's a pretty safe bet it's grip.

Besides, I think I've seen someone on modsquad who has one mention that they're grip. At least he's not Datsyuk smearing pine tar all over everything though.

Old
06-11-2009, 02:31 AM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post
Actually, not usually. It can be done, but typically players jsut get the stock colors. Some teams will order them in different colors like the pens, but it's a pretty safe bet it's grip.

Besides, I think I've seen someone on modsquad who has one mention that they're grip. At least he's not Datsyuk smearing pine tar all over everything though.
from what ive seen around the league, most people, especially (actually from what ive noticed only) eastons, are custom team colors. ive all the devils s17 are red, maybe that all have grips but i doubt it. the penguins eastons are yellow and ive even seen the islanders orange

Old
06-11-2009, 02:38 AM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

I won a 100 flex 10k on ebay for under $130, so I'm happy. Waiting to get it.

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 03:38 AM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

Quote:
from what ive seen around the league, most people, especially (actually from what ive noticed only) eastons, are custom team colors. ive all the devils s17 are red, maybe that all have grips but i doubt it. the penguins eastons are yellow and ive even seen the islanders orange
Perhaps they're doing it more now that the sticks have big color blocks, but I think back to the Synergy elite and SL and there were no custom colors on those.

I guess easton could be doing it more these days, and perhaps teams are requesting it more.

And I just looked through some photo galleries and it's mixed. Hurricanes are, Bruins look like they're phasing it in, Blues are, Avalanche aren't, Yotes don't, Sens do (they also get the one95 stripe custom, not all teams who get the eastons done do), Florida is a grand farkery of all sorts of stick colors (red, blue, yellow on eastons, red, light blue and standard yellow on One95s...)

And I looked at the isles and the only orange I saw was on the reebok logo on the goalie stick. Easton sticks were red or blue.

Old
06-11-2009, 05:08 AM
UserName

Quote:
Perhaps they're doing it more now that the sticks have big color blocks, but I think back to the Synergy elite and SL and there were no custom colors on those.

I guess easton could be doing it more these days, and perhaps teams are requesting it more.

And I just looked through some photo galleries and it's mixed. Hurricanes are, Bruins look like they're phasing it in, Blues are, Avalanche aren't, Yotes don't, Sens do (they also get the one95 stripe custom, not all teams who get the eastons done do), Florida is a grand farkery of all sorts of stick colors (red, blue, yellow on eastons, red, light blue and standard yellow on One95s...)

And I looked at the isles and the only orange I saw was on the reebok logo on the goalie stick. Easton sticks were red or blue.
Mats Sundin also has a custom painted stick, he uses either an old synergy and or CNT stealth with s17 graphics.

UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 12:04 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Quote:

the islanders ones, some were a lighter blue. i finally found it. trent hunter used an orange s17

the game v the sabres

http://islanders.nhl.com/team/app?se...er&type=1&pg=5

Old
06-11-2009, 02:32 PM
Johnny Law

Quote:

Zetterberg's stick is Synergy Elite Grip that has SE16 graphics.

Datysuk doesn't pine tar all his sticks anymore, I have two of his 10k's and an older CCM and only the CCM has pine tar.

Most players aren't playing with the newest sticks, the manufacturer just puts on the graphics so people go out and buy them.

Hudler's SE16 is actually a Synergy Elite and Franzen's SE16 is a Bauer and so on and so on

Johnny Law is offline   Reply With Quote