HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Heatley to Nashville

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-10-2009, 08:40 PM
  #1
Selanne08*
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,899
vCash: 500
Heatley to Nashville

I'm not saying he wants to go there...

but what about:

Nashville:
Heatley

Ott:
Dan Hamhuis
Rights to Radulov
1st 09

Selanne08* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 08:55 PM
  #2
Andre Benoit Bawls
Classless Chaps
 
Andre Benoit Bawls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 12,603
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne08 View Post
I'm not saying he wants to go there...

but what about:

Nashville:
Heatley

Ott:
Dan Hamhuis
Rights to Radulov
1st 09
No...

Andre Benoit Bawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 08:59 PM
  #3
The Chef*
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,809
vCash: 500
hamhuis
wilson
1st 09 or 10

i'd do it. nashville doesn't

The Chef* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 09:19 PM
  #4
iceless
-`ღ-
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne08 View Post
I'm not saying he wants to go there...

but what about:

Nashville:
Heatley

Ott:
Dan Hamhuis
Rights to Radulov
1st 09
TERRIBLE proposal. Ottawa gets bent over.

iceless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 09:21 PM
  #5
Yelnats Puc
Brust 'em up!
 
Yelnats Puc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,741
vCash: 500
I stopped reading at "rights to Radulov."

I don't think Hamhuis and the first are quite enough to get it done, and if you think Radulov's rights hold any value at all, I would strongly recommend you reconsider.

Yelnats Puc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 09:28 PM
  #6
Volt
Registered User
 
Volt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,430
vCash: 283
This deal is garbage for Ottawa

Volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 09:30 PM
  #7
Hanke
Tortsless Rangers
 
Hanke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,145
vCash: 500
no thanks

Hanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 09:42 PM
  #8
WestCoast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne08 View Post
I'm not saying he wants to go there...

but what about:

Nashville:
Heatley

Ott:
Dan Hamhuis
Rights to Radulov
1st 09
hahahahahahahahahahaha, don't quit your day job.

WestCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 09:43 PM
  #9
danishh
Dat Stache
 
danishh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: mtl/ott/somewhere
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,652
vCash: 50
change hamhuis to suter, and radulov to legwand.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 09:51 PM
  #10
PredaDORES
**** you Dale Tallon
 
PredaDORES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,597
vCash: 500
Done.

PredaDORES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 10:44 PM
  #11
stempniaksen
Alright, I'm mad
 
stempniaksen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,409
vCash: 500
I think it would have to be Suter, and I don't think that would fly for Preds fans.

stempniaksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 01:14 AM
  #12
vecens24
Registered User
 
vecens24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 5,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stempniaksen View Post
I think it would have to be Suter, and I don't think that would fly for Preds fans.
Agreed. A package for Heatley has to be centered around Suter probably. Suter, a good prospect with 2nd line potential/a 3rd line forward now, and the 1st rounder is what the Sens would look for. And I'm not sure that Nashville makes the playoffs with that team for sure so they can't give up all that plus pick up Heatley's contract.

vecens24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 01:48 AM
  #13
stempniaksen
Alright, I'm mad
 
stempniaksen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vecens24 View Post
Agreed. A package for Heatley has to be centered around Suter probably. Suter, a good prospect with 2nd line potential/a 3rd line forward now, and the 1st rounder is what the Sens would look for. And I'm not sure that Nashville makes the playoffs with that team for sure so they can't give up all that plus pick up Heatley's contract.
Suter
Legwand
1st in 09

for

Heatley
Picard

I don't think Nashville would do this, but it's probably what it would take because I don't see any other forwards that would fit. The upside in this deal is that Nashville only gains 300k of capspace, but its a moot point since it won't happen.

stempniaksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 01:55 AM
  #14
catters078
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 3,014
vCash: 500
I had a ponder yesterday and thought that player wise these two teams could be good partners..


maybe ?

Suter
Pick 11
Joel Ward
And One of nashville top two prospects??

For Heatley

just a thought....

catters078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 01:59 AM
  #15
stempniaksen
Alright, I'm mad
 
stempniaksen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by catters078 View Post
I had a ponder yesterday and thought that player wise these two would be good partners..


maybe ?

Suter
Pick 11
Joel Ward
And One of nashville top two prospects??

Gor Heatley
Top 2 prospect as in one of Blum or Wilson?

As a Sen fan I jump all over that, even if Ward is redundant and a UFA.

Suter
Wilson
Ward
1st in 09

for

Heatley

I drive Heatley to the airport myself. Hell if he chipped in for gas I'd drive him all the way to Nashville.

stempniaksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 02:03 AM
  #16
vecens24
Registered User
 
vecens24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 5,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stempniaksen View Post
Top 2 prospect as in one of Blum or Wilson?

As a Sen fan I jump all over that, even if Ward is redundant and a UFA.

Suter
Wilson
Ward
1st in 09

for

Heatley

I drive Heatley to the airport myself. Hell if he chipped in for gas I'd drive him all the way to Nashville.
I don't think there is ever a way in hell Nashville does this. Giving up wayyy too much young talent and picking up far too much salary. Nashville yet again I'm not sure that they're a playoff team with Heatley. If you're trading this much young talent you better be damn sure you can at least get to the conference finals or semi finals at worst and I'm not sure this Nashville team even makes the playoffs with Heatley. Don't think Nashville can ever do that.

vecens24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 02:09 AM
  #17
stempniaksen
Alright, I'm mad
 
stempniaksen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vecens24 View Post
I don't think there is ever a way in hell Nashville does this. Giving up wayyy too much young talent and picking up far too much salary. Nashville yet again I'm not sure that they're a playoff team with Heatley. If you're trading this much young talent you better be damn sure you can at least get to the conference finals or semi finals at worst and I'm not sure this Nashville team even makes the playoffs with Heatley. Don't think Nashville can ever do that.
Completelyt agree. I don't even know if Nashville would want to part with Suter let alone a guy like Wilson or Blum on top of that. I was just reponding to the previous posters deal

Like I said, if that was actually offered to Ottawa I would drive Heatley, not only to airport, but all the way to Nashville myself

stempniaksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 02:16 AM
  #18
vecens24
Registered User
 
vecens24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 5,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stempniaksen View Post
Completelyt agree. I don't even know if Nashville would want to part with Suter let alone a guy like Wilson or Blum on top of that. I was just reponding to the previous posters deal

Like I said, if that was actually offered to Ottawa I would drive Heatley, not only to airport, but all the way to Nashville myself
Yeah really. You get a good defensive prospect in Blum plus Ryan Suter, a proven defensive commodity who in my opinion settles into the first defensive pairing in Ottawa, not to mention their first rounder. Plus Joel Ward, not the worst option on a third line or so. Just wow. Are you trying to completely destroy the decent start Nashville has?

vecens24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 08:53 AM
  #19
flannelman
default user
 
flannelman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lempster, NH
Country: Ireland
Posts: 10,428
vCash: 920
I'm not up-to-date on the Nashville's Org's internal cap/money issues, but I do think that they have the pieces to acquire Heater and I think having him could elevate the club.

I'm thinking one of Weber and Suter - likely Suter, I'd imagine + 1st would be somewhere to start.

flannelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 09:12 AM
  #20
Zillaege
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,012
vCash: 500
An important thing to consider in any trade with Nashville is salary, as they operate on a tight budget. If a deal could be agreed upon between the 2 teams though, and then they just waited until after July 1st to actually complete the trade, the sens could pick up the $4 million bonus. This would leave $31 million over 5 years for Nashville to pay, or $6.2 per season, a much easier number for them to swallow. The cap hit of $7.5 million is meaningless to them as they won't be spending to the cap anyways. If a deal is to be reached though, you'd think one of Weber or Suter would have to be involved. No one else on Nashville particularly interests me for a trade of this magnitude.

Zillaege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 09:48 AM
  #21
Bumjoo Wang*
 
Bumjoo Wang*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yelnats Puc View Post
I stopped reading at "rights to Radulov."

I don't think Hamhuis and the first are quite enough to get it done, and if you think Radulov's rights hold any value at all, I would strongly recommend you reconsider.
I thought you were a mod?

Bumjoo Wang* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 10:07 AM
  #22
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne08 View Post
I'm not saying he wants to go there...

but what about:

Nashville:
Heatley

Ott:
Dan Hamhuis
Rights to Radulov
1st 09
I would do this in half a heartbeat, but no Sens fan who uses more than 0.5% of his brain would do this.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 10:36 AM
  #23
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
I would do this in half a heartbeat, but no Sens fan who uses more than 0.5% of his brain would do this.
Sadly, for it to be financially viable for Nashville, Ottawa would have to take Dan Ellis as well.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 10:39 AM
  #24
Dick Whitman
Registered User
 
Dick Whitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,829
vCash: 500
I assume that Weber would still be untouchable even with Heatley on the table?

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 10:40 AM
  #25
stempniaksen
Alright, I'm mad
 
stempniaksen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Sadly, for it to be financially viable for Nashville, Ottawa would have to take Dan Ellis as well.
How important is Legwand to Nashville? Or Erat? Adding one of them to a deal involving Heatley and Suter would even up the money, but are these players even available?

stempniaksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:30 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.