HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Heatley to CBJ or FLA

Old
06-11-2009, 05:47 PM
RunAmucK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers_Fan View Post
Wow, I am embarrassed by your Homerism . Markstrom is a prospect that was taken in the 2nd round who has had a good year. All of a sudden he has the value of Ovechkin?

Get a clue, Heatley is a top goal scorer in his prime. Markstrom is years away from his prime and Horton is a huge question mark. Do you want to wait till 2016 to the make the playoffs by putting our hopes on Markstrom who could very well be a bust

Matthias was awful this year. His value is low. He sucked in the AHL. My proposal with Markstrom and Horton was Heatley's lower value for demanding a trade. If he wasn't demanding one, we would be talking about giving Frolik, Booth, etc.
couldnt of said it better

RunAmucK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 06:21 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers_Fan View Post
Wow, I am embarrassed by your Homerism . Markstrom is a prospect that was taken in the 2nd round who has had a good year. All of a sudden he has the value of Ovechkin?

Get a clue, Heatley is a top goal scorer in his prime. Markstrom is years away from his prime and Horton is a huge question mark. Do you want to wait till 2016 to the make the playoffs by putting our hopes on Markstrom who could very well be a bust

Matthias was awful this year. His value is low. He sucked in the AHL. My proposal with Markstrom and Horton was Heatley's lower value for demanding a trade. If he wasn't demanding one, we would be talking about giving Frolik, Booth, etc.
He sucked? Have you paid attention to his past as he gets acclimated to new leagues? He struggles. I'll take all the experts who still rank him very high, over your opinion. I guess every player who struggles, especially in a new league, is valued low?

Markstrom's a top prospect, this team has pilfered through prospects before to 'improve' itself, it's not smart.

One of those two may have to go for Heatley, but Heatley won't demand a king's ransom.

06-11-2009, 06:51 PM
jcbio11

Heatley is one of those players that always have me puzzled. I watch him a lot in the World Championships usually and I just say to myself, that guy is a bad skater. And then I see him get the puck and put it in the net in 0.5 seconds since he got it. He has amazing ability to shoot the puck if its anywhere near him. His center just has to throw the puck generally in his direction, Heatly will shoot it. Also busts a pretty move sometimes. Florida I don't think should think about acquiring him, as they should go into rebuild mode, me tinks. CBJ sure, though they need a center more. They already have a superstar wing (I can finally say it after this season, haven't considered Nash elite till now)

jcbio11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 07:17 PM
RunAmucK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbio11 View Post
Heatley is one of those players that always have me puzzled. I watch him a lot in the World Championships usually and I just say to myself, that guy is a bad skater. And then I see him get the puck and put it in the net in 0.5 seconds since he got it. He has amazing ability to shoot the puck if its anywhere near him. His center just has to throw the puck generally in his direction, Heatly will shoot it. Also busts a pretty move sometimes. Florida I don't think should think about acquiring him, as they should go into rebuild mode, me tinks. CBJ sure, though they need a center more. They already have a superstar wing (I can finally say it after this season, haven't considered Nash elite till now)
were tired of rebuilding

RunAmucK is offline   Reply With Quote