HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Burke & Leafs to target Giguere?

Old
06-11-2009, 05:35 PM
sgupca

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varius View Post
I'm still standing by my statement that Giguere will retire as a Duck.
I like Giguere by i hope your right, he isn't the solution to our problems here.

sgupca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 05:49 PM
TOML

As soon as i saw TO sign Allaire, i knew this speculation was going to pop up.

There's no doubt that Giguere is a good goalie, but he's had some problems staying healthy. With the emergence of Hiller, there's no doubt that Murray would like to dump Giguere. That way they can afford to keep their all-star defense.

Problem: Giguere's NTC. He'd probably waive it to go to TO, but maybe he likes SoCal.

TO would enjoy having a decent goalie immediately. (Wasn't Toskala decent in San Jose?) But gaining a massive salary to patch a hole while creating future ones is just going back to the old 'quick fix' methodology that TO has tried over and over again with little success.

If Burke gets Giguere for little to nothing like in the Pronger trade, good for him. But i don't think Murray is going to allow that. The league is aware of the Burke game plan now.

TOML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 05:52 PM
sgupca

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMapleLaughs View Post
As soon as i saw TO sign Allaire, i knew this speculation was going to pop up.

There's no doubt that Giguere is a good goalie, but he's had some problems staying healthy. With the emergence of Hiller, there's no doubt that Murray would like to dump Giguere. That way they can afford to keep their all-star defense.

Problem: Giguere's NTC. He'd probably waive it to go to TO, but maybe he likes SoCal.

TO would enjoy having a decent goalie immediately. (Wasn't Toskala decent in San Jose?) But gaining a massive salary to patch a hole while creating future ones is just going back to the old 'quick fix' methodology that TO has tried over and over again with little success.

If Burke gets Giguere for little to nothing like in the Pronger trade, good for him. But i don't think Murray is going to allow that. The league is aware of the Burke game plan now.
The league hated the TB trade, but as long as no money is transfered and both teams recieve something in a trade there is very little the league can do.

Old
06-11-2009, 06:47 PM
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgupca View Post
Not according to our Toronto media

While we were still under the leadership or Fletcher he almost traded our 1st (7th overall) + Kaberle for Bobby Ryan + Matt Schneider.

Those were the rumors anyways
No, the rumors were that Toronto made a strong pitch for Ryan, but Burke declined.

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 07:13 PM
sgupca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch View Post
No, the rumors were that Toronto made a strong pitch for Ryan, but Burke declined.
Actually Burke wasn't dealing with Fletcher....

he didn't want to deal with Toronto becuase of the rumors of him leaving the Ducks for TO.

It was one of his assistants...

Old
06-11-2009, 07:30 PM
aaaaaaassssssssd

Vesa Toskala is a top 10 NHL goalkeep when healthy.

There is no reason for the Leafs to waste valuable cap space on an overrated goalie with off ice issues.

aaaaaaassssssssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 08:30 PM
Ducks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwight View Post
Vesa Toskala is a top 10 NHL goalkeep when healthy.

There is no reason for the Leafs to waste valuable cap space on an overrated goalie with off ice issues.
What "off ice issues"? His father died, that's not exactly "off ice issues".

Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote