HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Most overrated farm system

Closed Thread

Old
06-12-2009, 02:49 PM
Duponttime*

vCash: 500
Most overrated farm system

Have to go with Montreal and LA. Montreal never seems to produce players capable of playing two way hockey. I have no idea how they are ranked 2nd. It's laughable. I say the Kings are vastly overrated as well. Another team who can't produce two way players. It's almost as if HF doesn't take defense into account when they ranked prospects.

Old
06-12-2009, 02:54 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

The rankings are based on what the people at HF feel is in the system, not what's come out of it. While I do think second is a bit lofty for the Habs, they've certainly got one of the top 5 or 6 groups in the league. McDonagh is going to be quite a player.

Old
06-12-2009, 03:09 PM
Deathstroke

Quote:
Originally Posted by youarentobjective View Post
Have to go with Montreal and LA. Montreal never seems to produce players capable of playing two way hockey. I have no idea how they are ranked 2nd. It's laughable. I say the Kings are vastly overrated as well. Another team who can't produce two way players. It's almost as if HF doesn't take defense into account when they ranked prospects.
the habs system has always been overrated but the Kings have a pretty good group IMO.

Old
06-12-2009, 03:17 PM
Duponttime*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanRanger View Post
the habs system has always been overrated but the Kings have a pretty good group IMO.
Kings are decent but not close to where they are ranked. Boston at 7 is a complete joke. We wipe the floor with them. Looking at our prospects, honestly, I'd rank us maybe second. If you really think about it, we have 8 guys that are pretty safe bets to make the NHL. Sauer, Sanguinetti, Del Zotto, Anisimov, Grachev, Stepan, Byers and Dupont. I'm not even counting Gilroy. There simply isn't any team in hockey that can produce those kind of numbers. Sure, we lack the Crosby type but about 10 teams ahead of us don't have that either.

Old
06-12-2009, 03:25 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
This has nothing to do with the Rangers.