HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brian Strait goes Pro

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-12-2009, 04:12 PM
  #51
CertifiedPublicGuin
Registered User
 
CertifiedPublicGuin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,087
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
What about Sneep? He was picked way to early and now besides the little write up on here no one is talking about him. Is he looking like a NHLer or a bust?
Tough to really be considered a bust when not only were you taken earlier than you should have gone, but you were still taken in the 2nd round.

Supposedly the organization thinks at least a bit higher of him than I do, but when i watch him play, I personally just think he is a slug, to be frank. I don't mean to step on anyone's toes, who believes in him, but he's got cinder block feet, had no shot from the last time I watched him, about 8 months ago, and was even having trouble with his puck-movement. I just really don't see what people see with him. I was upset when they took him in the 2nd round, in '06, and I had heard some rumblings they liked him, but I always thought Strait was a better prospect. Sneep was a project; a player taken out of high school, so maybe his highest maturing years are still ahead of him, but so far I don't see an NHL'er.

CertifiedPublicGuin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2009, 04:15 PM
  #52
CertifiedPublicGuin
Registered User
 
CertifiedPublicGuin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,087
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG32005 View Post
Yeah, I do believe so. I haven't followed him much to be quite honest. Wasn't he the value pick? Drafted 1st overall in his OHL draft year, experienced back problems, but was said if he didn't he would have been a 1st round pick? It was him or Grant. I get the 2 stories mixed up.

Yep, that's Muzzin... people didn't quite recognize his name around here when we drafted him, but when they found out he was a player who was "supposed to", they got that little tingle inside.

Grant was more just a player that didn't quite mature into the junior star he was expected to be, until basically right now, even still he's not what he was expected to be, but still a nice surprise for some Penguins fans.

CertifiedPublicGuin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2009, 04:52 PM
  #53
IHWR
The Chiropractor
 
IHWR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,390
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WashJeffHockey19 View Post
Yep, that's Muzzin... people didn't quite recognize his name around here when we drafted him, but when they found out he was a player who was "supposed to", they got that little tingle inside.

Grant was more just a player that didn't quite mature into the junior star he was expected to be, until basically right now, even still he's not what he was expected to be, but still a nice surprise for some Penguins fans.
Yeah Grant was a big deal when he was drafted in the Q...but it took him a lot longer to get where he was "supposed to" be. I think he's finally on the right track...but it's hard not to think he wasted some developmental years.

As for Muzzin, he just never improved where he needed to. Maybe that has to do with his injury (combined with being on a lousy Greyhounds team this year), but he just stopped getting better right after he was drafted.

IHWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2009, 05:01 PM
  #54
Burgs
Registered User
 
Burgs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: Germany
Posts: 5,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHWR View Post
Yeah Grant was a big deal when he was drafted in the Q...but it took him a lot longer to get where he was "supposed to" be. I think he's finally on the right track...but it's hard not to think he wasted some developmental years.

As for Muzzin, he just never improved where he needed to. Maybe that has to do with his injury (combined with being on a lousy Greyhounds team this year), but he just stopped getting better right after he was drafted.
Having 6 out of 8 draft picks from 2007 signed (including Espo with ATL) is still very good. With Bort, Grant and Strait all coming in at the same time, Muzzin was bound the be the odd man out.

Burgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2009, 07:51 PM
  #55
IHWR
The Chiropractor
 
IHWR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,390
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
Having 6 out of 8 draft picks from 2007 signed (including Espo with ATL) is still very good. With Bort, Grant and Strait all coming in at the same time, Muzzin was bound the be the odd man out.
Yeah that was a great draft...which softens the busted pick of Muzzin. It's still a really solid draft considering it was really the first Shero and his team did.

IHWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2009, 10:58 PM
  #56
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
**** You, Duthie
 
Rowdy Roddy Peeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 42,473
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WashJeffHockey19 View Post
Man, I spent about 3 minutes crackin up at this.
It's not just that the faceplant was so damn enthusiastic, it's that he missed the flip by about a foot and a half.

Glorious.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.