HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I hope our guys were watching tonight..

Old
06-13-2009, 12:08 AM
Habsfan18
The Future

vCash: 500
I hope our guys were watching tonight..

..and I hope it made them ****ing hungry for Lord Stanley.

You have to assume that watching another team win the cup motivates players to have their moment as well.

Our time will come soon guys.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2009, 12:10 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

I bet they were all watching Wife Swap.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2009, 12:12 AM
peperebougon*

They were already all drunk and asleep.

peperebougon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2009, 12:27 AM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by peperebougon View Post
They were already all drunk and asleep.
Its funny cause most of us hated what the media to the Habs this season with the "darkest day in history, too much party, playing drunk... but then, a lots of you guys still "consider" the Kostitsyn as criminal that doesnt give a **** about the team, that most of our players are party animals and doesnt care about winning. You guys makes me feel like that the whole team is ****, only thinks about party and ****, selling drugs and ****s underage girl.

I hate the media for putting an awful image to our players last season but i hate it even more when some dumb fans believing everything the media said.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2009, 12:37 AM
peperebougon*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Its funny cause most of us hated what the media to the Habs this season with the "darkest day in history, too much party, playing drunk... but then, a lots of you guys still "consider" the Kostitsyn as criminal that doesnt give a **** about the team, that most of our players are party animals and doesnt care about winning. You guys makes me feel like that the whole team is ****, only thinks about party and ****, selling drugs and ****s underage girl.

I hate the media for putting an awful image to our players last season but i hate it even more when some dumb fans believing everything the media said.
I WAS KIDDING.... but I understand your reaction, one liners like this one are annoying as hell...I forgot the . I agree 100% with you If you read my other posts, you'll see I am exactly the opposite of what you depict in the post...

This ranks in the Gainey is sleeping, lats food/weight jokes etc...

Maybe we should do as other boards do: a minimum of characters in the post. Just so those one liner posters actually EXPLAIN why they think this way.

Old
06-13-2009, 12:39 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:

What do you expect ? You're part of the potentially largest fan base in the NHL. People are dumb as ****. People cheer for them because they have no clue as to what goes on in a game of hockey, but whenever someone disses them, they can just replay "24 cups"

I don't have a Josh Gorges avatar, or a Yannick Weber one because the fans in general piss me off with their stupidity. So far, I've been called a kings homer and a pens homer.

If you read the posts here, Montréal will acquire anyone they want for our garbage. Players will sign here because of the history of the team. Yeah... I mostly make sarcastic posts that just go with the norm here.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2009, 12:46 AM
peperebougon*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
What do you expect ? You're part of the potentially largest fan base in the NHL. People are dumb as ****. People cheer for them because they have no clue as to what goes on in a game of hockey, but whenever someone disses them, they can just replay "24 cups"

I don't have a Josh Gorges avatar, or a Yannick Weber one because the fans in general piss me off with their stupidity. So far, I've been called a kings homer and a pens homer.

If you read the posts here, Montréal will acquire anyone they want for our garbage. Players will sign here because of the history of the team. Yeah... I mostly make sarcastic posts that just go with the norm here.
Agreed...most Habs fans are HABS fans and are not HOCHEY fans. Damn even guys like pednault (hockey hall of fame member!!!!!!!!!!11111) knew only 3 or 4 players of the ducks when he had to comment on THE STANLEY CUP FINALS!!!! 90% of fans and 90% of journalists don't have a clue at all. Ask any journalist to name 5 players from each team...just for fun. Let alone talk about prospects...

Old
06-13-2009, 12:50 AM
peperebougon*

On a positive note, I was amazed to see how clutch Talbot can be... I think Lapierre will be in the same mold. I was so happy to see him get angry after losses...gotta love the attitude!!!!

Old
06-13-2009, 12:59 AM
Stradale

Quote:
I WAS KIDDING.... but I understand your reaction, one liners like this one are annoying as hell...I forgot the . I agree 100% with you If you read my other posts, you'll see I am exactly the opposite of what you depict in the post...

Maybe we should do as other boards do: a minimum of characters in the post. Just so those one liner posters actually EXPLAIN why they think this way.
Yeah.. i know you were kidding.. sorry for the overreaction but some so-called fans we still have those fake image in their heads about our players.

Anyways.. when the "big story" about the Kostitsyns and Hammer broke up. It was all over the news. First page on every paper, ex-canadiens coach almost crying on tv saying it was the DARKEST DAY IN HISTORY, rumors everywhere for weeks. 4-5 months after, when the police figured out it was NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.. just some short call for little services... no excuse no nothing from the media.. just a small paragraph in the papers clearing them about everything but the damage was already done. They brainwashed the "people who pretends to like the Habs" with all the fake accusations on our players.

The Kostitsyns were almost the fans favorite in 07-08 but in 08-09, i know they had a bad season, but now, theres a lot of people that are willing to kick them out of this town because they were given an image of criminals that doesnt give a **** about winning.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2009, 01:04 AM
peperebougon*

Quote:
Yeah.. i know you were kidding.. sorry for the overreaction but some so-called fans we still have those fake image in their heads about our players.

Anyways.. when the "big story" about the Kostitsyns and Hammer broke up. It was all over the news. First page on every paper, ex-canadiens coach almost crying on tv saying it was the DARKEST DAY IN HISTORY, rumors everywhere for weeks. 4-5 months after, when the police figured out it was NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.. just some short call for little services... no excuse no nothing from the media.. just a small paragraph in the papers clearing them about everything but the damage was already done. They brainwashed the "people who pretends to like the Habs" with all the fake accusations on our players.

The Kostitsyns were almost the fans favorite in 07-08 but in 08-09, i know they had a bad season, but now, theres a lot of people that are willing to kick them out of this town because they were given an image of criminals that doesnt give a **** about winning.
Sometimes I could swear it is Rejean Tremblay and the other idiots who posts here... Some people complain about them and yet vehiculate the same bullcrap.

Old
06-13-2009, 01:06 AM
Garo

Quote:
I was so happy to see him get angry after losses...gotta love the attitude!!!!
Well, I wasn't, because that meant we lost

But yeah, I know what you mean.

Garo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2009, 01:16 AM
LesCanadiens

Quote:

Sure, let's obliterate the rare bits of humour and wit on this board - I thought your one-liner was funny and Stardales response was just a wee tad defensive . The media are morons that have a job....but, I have reason to believe the issues. My opinion, of course .

As far as our guys go? Geesh, I just don't see the hunger level there like the Wings and the Pens had. Seems to me like guys like A+S Kost., Kovalev, Price and Plekanec care more about themselves and their personal comfort level rather than putting their head down and going through walls for the Stanley Cup. But hey, I hope it's not terminal, and pray they grow some gumption by next season. This upcoming season is going to be a tell-tale season which will determine whether we go back to the drawing board, or not.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2009, 02:04 AM
dre2112

I was watching tonight and all i felt was sadness because there is no way our team could come close to matching that kind of intensity, skill, desperation and heart for 60mins and 24 games

dre2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2009, 07:54 AM
couris

We have no Crosby or Malkin. The league rewards the teams that finish last.

couris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2009, 08:24 AM
Kebekoi

Exactly, the Bettman Penguins won.

Kebekoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2009, 08:24 AM
Kafka

I just hope they watched other playoff games. Frankly, they were in no way at their place in the playoffs.

Boston, Carolina, Washington, Pittsburg, Anaheim, San Jose, Chicago, Vancouver, New York Rangers, New Jersey Devils, Philadelphia... and Detroit ALL had a chance to go far in the playoffs.

You can cry about Montreal not having any Crosby or Malkin, but this sport is a team effort, and first and foremost, you need leaders and proud players looking to win in a team. Not personnal egos. That is why I really hope a guy like Higgins will stay with the club. I feel he is like Talbot, a guy willing to give his gut to win.

---------

By the way, congratulations to the local boys playing on that winning team (Fleury, Letang, Talbot, Boucher, Perrin, Garon... and even Crosby)

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2009, 08:27 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

I hope the Russians all saw Malkin and Gonchar lifting the cup! Hope it will make them understand that the world champion medal isn't the only big win for them! Hope it will give them the taste of what the NHL can be and they'll come over pretty soon...

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2009, 08:33 AM
Maxpac

They only have Crosby, Malkin and Staal

We have Koivu

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2009, 08:56 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka View Post
I just hope they watched other playoff games. Frankly, they were in no way at their place in the playoffs.

Boston, Carolina, Washington, Pittsburg, Anaheim, San Jose, Chicago, Vancouver, New York Rangers, New Jersey Devils, Philadelphia... and Detroit ALL had a chance to go far in the playoffs.

You can cry about Montreal not having any Crosby or Malkin, but this sport is a team effort, and first and foremost, you need leaders and proud players looking to win in a team. Not personnal egos. That is why I really hope a guy like Higgins will stay with the club. I feel he is like Talbot, a guy willing to give his gut to win.

---------

By the way, congratulations to the local boys playing on that winning team (Fleury, Letang, Talbot, Boucher, Perrin, Garon... and even Crosby)
Perrin ??? Dupuis, you mean...

Don't forget Mario Lemieux !

But we all know HERE that players from the Q are no good...

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2009, 09:17 AM
katatoniak

I didn't hear ''we are the champions'' by Queen. They can't take this song out of the stanley cup winner..... It's a classic. And I love the Detroit hockey fans for staying there and clap their hands when the pittsburgh win. It's a class act. In a same situation in Montreal .... probably there is no more montreal island this morning because a dumb drunk guy blow up everything because he was pissed.

DETROIT

It was reaaly nice to see Crosby lift the cup

katatoniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2009, 09:20 AM
Bobby Clark
Spicy Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post

Half of those players were passengers.

But we all know that Euros, especially Russians are heartless bums.Just look at that Malkin guy.

Bobby Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2009, 09:20 AM
TheCH*

I wonder where all those arrogant ruins fans are now that said "well.. now that we're out the east doesn't stand a chance!".

Hilarious.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2009, 09:40 AM
Kafka

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post

Yes! I don't understand how I could make that error. Dupuis is 3 inches taller.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2009, 10:19 AM
JackieChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by katatoniak View Post
I didn't hear ''we are the champions'' by Queen. They can't take this song out of the stanley cup winner..... It's a classic. And I love the Detroit hockey fans for staying there and clap their hands when the pittsburgh win. It's a class act. In a same situation in Montreal .... probably there is no more montreal island this morning because a dumb drunk guy blow up everything because he was pissed.

DETROIT

It was reaaly nice to see Crosby lift the cup
Huh? The same fans that cheered loudly when they realized Crosby was injured? That cheering was NOT just for the hit.

The Bell Center crowd takes a lot of crap around the league, but now we've found our match I guess.

JackieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2009, 10:21 AM
coolasprICE

I bet 5 bucks Saku Koivu did not watch the game last night.

I bet another 5 pucks that 35 percent or more of all players in the NHL did not watch the game either.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote