HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

I hope our guys were watching tonight..

Old
06-13-2009, 10:23 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieChan View Post
Huh? The same fans that cheered loudly when they realized Crosby was injured? That cheering was NOT just for the hit.

The Bell Center crowd takes a lot of crap around the league, but now we've found our match I guess.
Every single sports fan reacts the same way. Some just do it a little louder than others.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2009, 10:43 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Its funny cause most of us hated what the media to the Habs this season with the "darkest day in history, too much party, playing drunk... but then, a lots of you guys still "consider" the Kostitsyn as criminal that doesnt give a **** about the team, that most of our players are party animals and doesnt care about winning. You guys makes me feel like that the whole team is ****, only thinks about party and ****, selling drugs and ****s underage girl.

I hate the media for putting an awful image to our players last season but i hate it even more when some dumb fans believing everything the media said.
Amen to that.

To the OP, don't you think its the same for 26 other teams, many of which didn't have to deal with all the problems the Habs had this year?

Its a friggin ELITE league. Last night's hockey game wasn't any different than most hockey games I've seen, even in the regular season. Detroit played well, and that's the whole point, sometimes you can play like **** and still win, and sometimes you can play very well and still end-up losing (like against Philly last year), and its not even a matter of if you want it or not, its not a question of motivation, because both teams are (and will always be) motivated in the finals, but one has to win. Sometimes the lack of motivation is not due to the individual himself, but the consequences of the environment surrounding him and vice versa.

I'm pretty sure that if the Habs had won against Philly last season, they would have been as motivated as any other team in the ECF.

There were a lot more things related to the Habs non-succes this season other than just a lack of motivation. You just don't go from top 4 in the league after 44 games to a crappy end of the season because the defining factor is a lack of motivation. When players have already shown a form of motivation and then lose it, the lack of motivation is not the defining factor, but rather what caused the motivation to go down is the true factor.

So in essense, your question, sorry to say, is pretty heffin stupid IMO.

Now think real hard about what those factors might be. I can tell you for sure that for at least 80% of the players on the Habs, they didn't have problems being motivated. It was something else that caused the drop.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2009, 10:52 AM
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
To the OP, don't you think its the same for 26 other teams, many of which didn't have to deal with all the problems the Habs had this year?

Its a friggin ELITE league. Last night's hockey game wasn't any different than most hockey games I've seen, even in the regular season. Detroit played well, and that's the whole point, sometimes you can play like **** and still win, and sometimes you can play very well and still end-up losing (like against Philly last year), and its not even a matter of if you want it or not, its not a question of motivation, because both teams are (and will always be) motivated in the finals, but one has to win. Sometimes the lack of motivation is not due to the individual himself, but the consequences of the environment surrounding him and vice versa.

I'm pretty sure that if the Habs had won against Philly last season, they would have been as motivated as any other team in the ECF.

There were a lot more things related to the Habs non-succes this season other than just a lack of motivation. You just don't go from top 4 in the league after 44 games to a crappy end of the season because the defining factor is a lack of motivation. When players have already shown a form of motivation and then lose it, the lack of motivation is not the defining factor, but rather what caused the motivation to go down is the true factor.

So in essense, your question, sorry to say, is pretty heffin stupid IMO.

Now think real hard about what those factors might be. I can tell you for sure that for at least 80% of the players on the Habs, they didn't have problems being motivated. It was something else that caused the drop.
Great post. The second paragraph pretty much sums it all up.

Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2009, 01:25 PM
Corey

Watching? Watching? That will turn SKost into Malkin or Zetterberg? Plekanec into Crosby or Datsyuk? The Habs recipe lacks a few ingredients. I saw high quality beef out there that you won't find in the Bell Centre freezer.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote