Closed Thread

Old
06-10-2009, 04:36 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky17 View Post
I'm just enjoying reading the Ottawa board rat aboot now. The tears and dissent over there compared to how they chastized Atlanta fans after his first trade request is hilarious!!!

They are all prepared to Boo him off the ice when he returns with "his new team." I seem to remember the same crowd lecturing us how they would "NEVER boo a player" that came back to their house. Big LOLs to Ottawa.
It's so different... He left because he had a horrible, horrible thing happen in that city and he couldn't live with the memories that followed him everywhere. That is 100% respectable.

With Ottawa, he demanded a trade because he got his ice-time cut back a little and his stats were falling.

Distinguish the difference here, buddy.

But any Sens fan who said they'd never boo an old player is lying, Yashin got booed on NYI.

Old
06-10-2009, 04:44 PM
Shameus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcrew View Post
It's so different... He left because he had a horrible, horrible thing happen in that city and he couldn't live with the memories that followed him everywhere. That is 100% respectable.

With Ottawa, he demanded a trade because he got his ice-time cut back a little and his stats were falling.

But any Sens fan who said they'd never boo an old player is lying, Yashin got booed on NYI.
Ummmmmmmmmm Yeah, you have no idea what he did to this city. To you it may be different, but to a lot of hockey fans here in Atlanta it is the same thing. He is trying to get his way, period. I am sure a lot of what you are saying about being reminded is true, but he got his way and left, even though the city, fans, and team were very supportive of him and bent over backwards. Now he is in another situation he doesn't like. The situation is different yes, but the fact that he is dealing with something he doesn't like isn't. He is acting like a spoiled brat that isn't getting his way.

So with this said, thanks for your post, but keep'em to yourself

Old
06-10-2009, 04:47 PM
Ashe

If we give up a second, pav's/Leht, and a 3rd liner/decent prospect for him. Please, you'd be silly not to go for it. His contract is managable, and he's signed long term. And solves our goal scoring issue we have.

Heatly/Kovy as well would help bring in some FA's as well i believe. Showing to Kovy that we want to be a winner, by bringing in a guy who puts up goals, and never really stopped when he left here. If he seriously has gotten over what happened here, and comes here to play hockey, and give it his all. I'd love to have him back.

Old
06-10-2009, 04:47 PM
StevenintheATL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TasteofFlames View Post
I'm hoping Edmonton, personally. Not only would he be in the coldest city int he league, but in Edmonton he'd get to play with Hemsky most likely, which would be freakin sweet (we can finally see how good Hemskey is with a winger that can finish).
I've have some friends in Calgary that would definitely be psyched if he ended up in Calgary.

If my fuzzy memory corrects me, didn't Waddell have a deal in the works before the Hossa deal that would have sent Heatley to Calgary for Iggy, but the deal fell through?

Old
06-10-2009, 05:04 PM
AintLifeGrand

Quote:

Hold on to your madras pants Jcrew because im about to **** you up with some truth:

Everyday thousands of people are involved in situations similar to the wreck Dany and Dan were involved in. How many of those people do you think have the luxury of simply moving away to another locale in the superficial hopes of it quelling the emotional trauma suffered by such a traumatic event? Very few, who is Dany Heatley to say that he can't live in Atlanta and honor his obligations to a city and franchise that supported him for doing something he should be in jail for right now, had he not have conveniently been a prodigious hockey player? If he was any other guy he would be driving past Lenox Rd every day recounting the incident that claimed his friend's life. It disgusts me how short sighted and dishonorable Dany Heatley is, I would welcome him back to Atlanta because then he would have to live with his actions every day of his life and would face the necessary justice and realizations that goes with involuntarily and recklessly taking the life of a human, friend and teammate.

Old
06-10-2009, 05:05 PM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashe View Post
If we give up a second, pav's/Leht, and a 3rd liner/decent prospect for him. Please, you'd be silly not to go for it.
He's not going to traded for a 2nd round pick and goalie the team doesn't need after recruiting Leclaire and a 3rd liner. I rate Heatley to be equal with Kovalchuk in terms of offensive talent.

Heatley back to Atlanta is going to cost:

4th overall pick (straight up) or

Bogosian (straight up) or

Bryan Little + Boris Valabik

Basically it's not going to happen.

Old
06-10-2009, 05:09 PM
Ashe

ALG, people do move away from what happens in order to forget things that happen. (As i have done it myself). And guess what, Im back where it happened, And things are better. And yeah, I do see the same place every day as well. Heatley needed to get away from it, in order to forget something he has to LIVE with his entire life. To help him at least move on from it a bit. I dont consider that self-ish at all. Its being a human Being in regards to losing a friend, and being the cause of doing so.

Calling him short-sighted and dis-honorable is no where near true. He came back on the ice, and tried to play. He knew he needed to get away, and sometimes, support from family/friends/fans doesnt do the trick when you are stuck seeing the same reminders so soon after something as terrible as DS's death. Asking for a trade for his sanity is no where near wrong. Yeah he went along with it the wrong way, but put yourself in his shoes for a second, and see what you would do.

Old
06-10-2009, 07:21 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand View Post
Hold on to your madras pants Jcrew because im about to **** you up with some truth:

Everyday thousands of people are involved in situations similar to the wreck Dany and Dan were involved in. How many of those people do you think have the luxury of simply moving away to another locale in the superficial hopes of it quelling the emotional trauma suffered by such a traumatic event? Very few, who is Dany Heatley to say that he can't live in Atlanta and honor his obligations to a city and franchise that supported him for doing something he should be in jail for right now, had he not have conveniently been a prodigious hockey player? If he was any other guy he would be driving past Lenox Rd every day recounting the incident that claimed his friend's life. It disgusts me how short sighted and dishonorable Dany Heatley is, I would welcome him back to Atlanta because then he would have to live with his actions every day of his life and would face the necessary justice and realizations that goes with involuntarily and recklessly taking the life of a human, friend and teammate.
I know, its a common occurrence. It happens. And you're right, not many people have the luxury of moving. Heatley did. Is he a prima dona, who used his stature to get what he wanted? Yes, he sure as hell is. But, I have no doubt in my mind that he left for that reason. I don't think you can put yourself into a situation like his, and I know you can say, oh, in his shoes I would stay and honor my contract, honor my team... But it's too hard to say that. However, I can tell you that if I had my minutes cut down in a sport (it's happened to me before), I would stick it through with that team. That's my point.

Old
06-10-2009, 08:10 PM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
However, I can tell you that if I had my minutes cut down in a sport (it's happened to me before), I would stick it through with that team. That's my point.
That's the difference between some of us and guys like him.

Old
06-11-2009, 06:00 AM
Juneemoon

You know, this is actually the third time he has done something like this. When he was playing in Switzerland during the lockout he left to come back to Atlanta for the trial and afterwards he never went back. He jumped to Russia to play with Kovalchuk and Kozlov in Kazan.

Old
06-11-2009, 02:34 PM
jbreiner

Uh Jcrew, he didn't ask for a trade. He asked for an outright release from his contract. He asked to be released so that he could pick where he wanted to go and ensure that Atlanta received no compensation. He also didn't serve any of that community service he was given.

Old
06-13-2009, 03:41 PM
Lux Aurumque*

The worst Thrasher of all time.

Hell no.

Closed Thread