HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2009 Wings Roster 2: Signings/Negotiations/Trades

Closed Thread

Old
06-13-2009, 05:01 PM
Jussha

vCash: 500
How about Nathan Horton? He is a right handed shot and weighs in at 6 foot 2 and 230 pounds, has hit 60 pts twice, and been a 30 goal scorer once and come very close 2 other seasons. I am pretty sure there were rumors he was on the block at some point in this season. His cap hit is 4 million for 4 more seasons, and he does seem like he has the size and play of a getzlaf type player, though of course he is no getzlaf lol.

If Florida loses Jay boumeester, would you do Kronwall and a 1st or something like that for Horton?
I don't know if that is fair value or not, and I am reluctant to just give up on Kronwall, but if Ericsson does significantly improve next season, we might not have need for Kronwall, and I think the style of play and size of Horton is somehting the wings really could use.

Old
06-13-2009, 09:53 PM
nik jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussha View Post
How about Nathan Horton? He is a right handed shot and weighs in at 6 foot 2 and 230 pounds, has hit 60 pts twice, and been a 30 goal scorer once and come very close 2 other seasons. I am pretty sure there were rumors he was on the block at some point in this season. His cap hit is 4 million for 4 more seasons, and he does seem like he has the size and play of a getzlaf type player, though of course he is no getzlaf lol.

If Florida loses Jay boumeester, would you do Kronwall and a 1st or something like that for Horton?
I don't know if that is fair value or not, and I am reluctant to just give up on Kronwall, but if Ericsson does significantly improve next season, we might not have need for Kronwall, and I think the style of play and size of Horton is something the wings really could use.
horton would be a great player to have, and i agree with you about right-shooting F's, but i don't think DRW can get him.

with lidstrom close to retirement and rafalski at age 36 by next season, i think it would not be right to trade a d-man, especially not kronwall, who is cheap and may become better.

none of the right-shooting F's in the UFA list really stick out to me.

Old
06-13-2009, 09:54 PM
Heaton
#hope

Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooX View Post
What about Laperriere?

He might be a very nice fit on the Wings. Even if he is tainted with the stink of Denver.
He'd be in the same category as Maltby and Draper as in a 4th liner who makes way more than he needs to.

Old
06-13-2009, 09:58 PM
Jussha

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik jr View Post
horton would be a great player to have, and i agree with you about right-shooting F's, but i don't think DRW can get him.

with lidstrom close to retirement and rafalski at age 36 by next season, i think it would not be right to trade a d-man, especially not kronwall, who is cheap and may become better.

none of the right-shooting F's in the UFA list really stick out to me.
I am reluctant to get rid of Kronwall either, especially if he can rebound from next year and be a bit smarter with the puck, he can still become a very good top pairing dman.

I was thinking maybe Florida would bite on a

Hudler rights/Ericcson or Kindl/1st and 2nd round pick to bring in Horton

Some people might think its an overpayment, but I honestly don't think we should sign Hudler to anything more than 2 million anyways, and Ericsson I'm sure has brought attention to himself from other teams GMs with a pretty solid playoff performance, and we give them the draft picks to seal the deal. Horton can be our answer to Getzlaf, and I really think we need a player who plays that style of game versus the style of game that all our forwards play right now.

Old
06-14-2009, 12:38 AM
nik jr

i found a right-shooting UFA F.

ales kotalik, age 30, 6'1, 227lbs

previous salary: 2.5M

'03: 21g 35p in 68 games (52 hits)
'04: 15g 28p in 62 games (nhl.com is missing hits for '04.)
'06: 25g 62p in 82 games (74 hits)
'07: 15g 38p in 66 games (99 hits)
'08: 23g 43p in 79 games (139 hits)
'09: 20g 43p in 75 games (121 hits)

very good shot, both wrister and slapshot/1 timer. great in the shootout: career 20 of 38.

i think he can play RW or LW. i am fairly sure he was RW in buffalo, but i think he has played LW in edmonton with hemsky at RW.
i am not entirely sure, but i think kotalik often played the point on buffalo's PP (probably due to his great shot).
kotalik scored around 40-50% of his points on PP in recent seasons.

i listed his hits above b/c kotalik is a big player and plays a more physical game than most of DRW's players.

i have not seen kotalik enough to know how good/bad he is defensively, but he is probably not good.

he scored a goal from the circle against conklin in march.

fairly standard 2nd/3rd W

actually similar to horton in size and stats, though horton is younger and has (much) higher upside.

Old
06-14-2009, 12:44 AM
Jussha

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik jr View Post
i found a right-shooting UFA F.

ales kotalik, age 30, 6'1, 227lbs

previous salary: 2.5M

'03: 21g 35p in 68 games (52 hits)
'04: 15g 28p in 62 games (nhl.com is missing hits for '04.)
'06: 25g 62p in 82 games (74 hits)
'07: 15g 38p in 66 games (99 hits)
'08: 23g 43p in 79 games (139 hits)
'09: 20g 43p in 75 games (121 hits)

very good shot, both wrister and slapshot/1 timer. great in the shootout: career 20 of 38.

i think he can play RW or LW. i am fairly sure he was RW in buffalo, but i think he has played LW in edmonton with hemsky at RW.
i am not entirely sure, but i think kotalik often played the point on buffalo's PP (probably due to his great shot).
kotalik scored around 40-50% of his points on PP in recent seasons.

i listed his hits above b/c kotalik is a big player and plays a more physical game than most of DRW's players.

i have not seen kotalik enough to know how good/bad he is defensively, but he is probably not good.

he scored a goal from the circle against conklin in march.

fairly standard 2nd/3rd W

actually similar to horton in size and stats, though horton is younger and has (much) higher upside.
Trust me I don't think kotalik is the route we want to go, I'm from Edmonton and am usually an edmonton fan, but with some of their recent albatross contracts (*cough* Horcoff *cough*) lately I find it very hard to cheer for them. The short stint Kotalik had here in Edmonton, I am pretty confident he wont be much better than Sammy overall, and only a very slight upgrade unfortunately.

Old
06-14-2009, 03:01 AM
nik jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussha View Post
Trust me I don't think kotalik is the route we want to go, I'm from Edmonton and am usually an edmonton fan, but with some of their recent albatross contracts (*cough* Horcoff *cough*) lately I find it very hard to cheer for them. The short stint Kotalik had here in Edmonton, I am pretty confident he wont be much better than Sammy overall, and only a very slight upgrade unfortunately.
i think you are probably right. kotalik is a great shooter, but many buffalo fans have said he does not have much hockey sense. that is probably why he was most often on the 3rd line in buffalo, and why he depended so much on PP for scoring.
from what i have read, kotalik was often criticized for being talented, but not scoring enough.
lack of hockey sense seems to be the most likely cause.

Closed Thread