HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > All other USA Amateur, USHL, NAHL, USNTDP etc.
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Texas Tornado Update

Old
04-23-2009, 03:21 PM
Tornado OS

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Tornado OS
Texas Tornado Update

It will made official in the next couple of days, but I have been given permission to get this information out.

The Texas Tornado will return for the 2009-2010 season in the NAHL - The Tornado have hired Tony Curtale as the head coach and General Manager for the Tornado's 10th Season. Curtale will be returning to the bench where he had won 4 NAHL Championships. The remodel of the arena is just about finished and they are starting to get things in gear for another season. The new lease agreement with the Dallas Stars Dr. Pepper Stars Center has a 10 year lease with a no competition clause in it.

The Tornado have not signed any tenders yet and are behind, but knowing Tony Curtale like I do, I am sure they will have a very competitive team.

Tornado OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 06:41 PM
starsfan24
#17 "Keep Rollin"

vCash: 995
Great news! Thanks for the info.

starsfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 12:55 AM
cup4blues
Sarcasm galore

The arena needs more work. It will obviously be cleaned up and operational enough to hold graduation in 6 weeks, but it needs at least another month or two after that before it can hold any hockey.

cup4blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 09:05 PM
starsfan24
#17 "Keep Rollin"

Well they will be playing next fall so it will be ready

Old
04-28-2009, 11:39 AM
cup4blues
Sarcasm galore

Problem is we are coming up on May and the team has no tryouts scheduled. You cant wait until July to throw together a camp and expect to get some grade A talent to show, so just how many players does the name Tony Curtale bring in to a tryout? Unless he's been doing a lot of scouting and talking with players it could be a long season.

Old
04-29-2009, 06:55 PM
Tornado OS

Send a message via Yahoo to Tornado OS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cup4blues View Post
Problem is we are coming up on May and the team has no tryouts scheduled. You cant wait until July to throw together a camp and expect to get some grade A talent to show, so just how many players does the name Tony Curtale bring in to a tryout? Unless he's been doing a lot of scouting and talking with players it could be a long season.
It will be announced in the next couple of days, The Tornado have scheduled 3 try out camps with the last one middle of June in Dallas. I believe the first one is in Chicago end of May. Ill post more information as soon as its official.

Tornado OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2009, 08:50 PM
cup4blues
Sarcasm galore

Do you know why the Tornado feel the need to not pull out the seats on the tornado shoot twice end effectively taking away my season ticket location for 5 years, not to mention helping create some buzz by letting more people watch the opponent score more than the Tornado?

Old
05-03-2009, 11:12 AM
starsfan24
#17 "Keep Rollin"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado OS View Post
It will be announced in the next couple of days, The Tornado have scheduled 3 try out camps with the last one middle of June in Dallas. I believe the first one is in Chicago end of May. Ill post more information as soon as its official.
The first camp will be In Chicago from May 29-31
The second camp will be In Detroit from June 11-14
The Final camp will be in Frisco from June 19-21

Old
05-03-2009, 08:00 PM
cup4blues
Sarcasm galore

Already got plane tickets to head to Detroit just like 2 years ago, maybe this time I won't get the Flu while I'm there.

Old
05-08-2009, 01:33 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cup4blues View Post
Of what I know of Tony Curtale he could bring in quite a bit because of how well established his reputation is as a winner, if for no other reason. Tornado knows him a lot better than I do, so maybe he could probably provide further insight into this.

Also, youth hockey in Texas is very, very good right now. They've done a great job of developing some talented kids down there. I know for a fact that at least a few teams down there (the Texas Attack is one that immediately comes to mind) that have already gotten the attention of scouts and recruiters on both sides of the border.

I went to a Midget Major tournament here in California last fall that featured a team from Texas and while it was clear that the team was still in a building (or rebuilding) mode, some of the kids that I saw on the team has some good Junior "A" potential and could possibly go beyond that.

Oilers Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 06:24 PM
cup4blues
Sarcasm galore

Report from the road says there are about 80 kids in Chicago.

Old
06-12-2009, 12:14 PM
cup4blues
Sarcasm galore

I believe there were 24 goalies yesterday. The roster will be trimmed to 12 before the games start for today. I think they said there were going to be ~120 skaters today. The team has an assistant coach here, but it hasn't been released that he's the coach.

Old
06-14-2009, 05:05 AM
Claude28Giroux
praiseG

Cups, you got owned bro

Claude28Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote