HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

So you really want Hossa eh!!

Old
06-14-2009, 08:51 AM
MTL-rules

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Verty well said. I'd give him 6-7 mil per year on a 4-5 year contract any day.
I would also, but he's going to get a lot more than that... remember what Edmonton was willing to dish out for him?

The numbers you're showing might apply more to the Havlat situation and between that type of contract to Havlat and a 8 years 7,5-8mil dollars contract on Hossa, I chose the first option.

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 09:34 AM
runthesestreets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sined View Post
He had that: "I proved you all wrong" demeanor to his critics in post game interviews.
But he did.

runthesestreets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 10:02 AM
LastRide

I think he's going to go back to Pittsburgh..lol

LastRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 10:06 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
I would also, but he's going to get a lot more than that... remember what Edmonton was willing to dish out for him?

The numbers you're showing might apply more to the Havlat situation and between that type of contract to Havlat and a 8 years 7,5-8mil dollars contract on Hossa, I chose the first option.
That was before the recession and anticipated 8-10 mil drop in the cap.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 10:50 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
That was before the recession and anticipated 8-10 mil drop in the cap.
If he gets less, Havlat will also and will still be more affordable and, therefor, more attractive.

Anyway, all of these players mean nothing if we can't get better down the middle. I hope for Vinny, but I would settle for Marleau.

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 10:57 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatTraverse View Post
Ask Détroit fans if they were satisfied with Hossa during these playoffs and they will pretty much all tell you no and i agree with them.I mean did you watch any Wings game before the finals?You should know that stats don't always tell the whole story yet you come here saying "Look guys!Hossa had quite a few points so obviously he must have been good!".

The guy is a scorer yet he only scored in each game 4 before the finals.When it got tough during the playoffs Hossa was nowhere to be found and instead support players like Franzen, Cleary, Samuelsson ect had to pick up the slack.

It's no wonder the Wings lost game 6 and 7, the support players stopped scoring and more than ever they needed their stars to shine but they failed to deliver and that includes Hossa.

Also about Crosby and his production in the finals, it's true that he did very little but he carried his team during parts of the playoffs.Remember the first two games in the Washington series?Only Crosby produced and after a while the other players saw what he was doing and followed him.
He still tried. Before the finals, he was getting chances and he still set players up with nice passes to give them a chance to score. Even with a bad playoff for him, he still got 15 points. Did you forget last year where he had 26 points in 20 games ? Yeah, come playoff time Hossa is nothing but a support player. Get real and stop basing arguments over one year only.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 11:13 AM
Bobby Clark
Spicy Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
He still tried. Before the finals, he was getting chances and he still set players up with nice passes to give them a chance to score. Even with a bad playoff for him, he still got 15 points. Did you forget last year where he had 26 points in 20 games ? Yeah, come playoff time Hossa is nothing but a support player. Get real and stop basing arguments over one year only.
You say that after doing the same thing by using last year's performance to defend him

And trying doesn't win you anything.The Sharks try every year and what have they won?People remember the winners, not the losers that tried.

Bobby Clark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 11:50 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Pittsburgh was and is crosby/malkin's team

Detroit is zetterberg/datsyuk/lidstrom's team

Hossa was a supporter for both these teams. Like I said, he is probably a top 3 support player in this league. Besides the finals he just had, he generally excels in this role. The problem is that he's going to command very high salary, and I'm not comfortable with the habs building a foundation where they make this Hossa's team.
Hossa came into teams that already had superstars.
Superstars that have been there for a good while, so of course he's not going to step in and automatically move these better players away. Not to mention, they're better than him.

If you want to look at it that way, then ok I agree.
But in my book, support players don't score 40G+.

Not saying I want him to be our go-to guy, I don't think he's what we need.

Quote:
Ask Détroit fans if they were satisfied with Hossa during these playoffs and they will pretty much all tell you no and i agree with them.I mean did you watch any Wings game before the finals?You should know that stats don't always tell the whole story yet you come here saying "Look guys!Hossa had quite a few points so obviously he must have been good!".

The guy is a scorer yet he only scored in each game 4 before the finals.When it got tough during the playoffs Hossa was nowhere to be found and instead support players like Franzen, Cleary, Samuelsson ect had to pick up the slack.

It's no wonder the Wings lost game 6 and 7, the support players stopped scoring and more than ever they needed their stars to shine but they failed to deliver and that includes Hossa.

Also about Crosby and his production in the finals, it's true that he did very little but he carried his team during parts of the playoffs.Remember the first two games in the Washington series?Only Crosby produced and after a while the other players saw what he was doing and followed him.
Yes I have seen Wings game before the Finals, and I've seen some during the season too, so I don't really have to ask fans how Hossa played. I can judge him myself, he's had strong games and had weaker ones. Just like Crosby, or Zetterberg, or Datsyuk, name them..
I'm not only basing myself off stats, but also on what BABCOCK said in an interview. His opinion matters more to me than the one of a few fans, because we all know how rational fans can be!

Yea, it would have been great to get a bigger production out of Hossa. Likewise for pretty much every other player, on both teams.

Detroit lost by 1 freaking Goal. Do you understand how close it was?..Pointing fingers is simply stupid.

Also, just like the rest of Detroit's stars, Hossa is a great 2way player. Maybe his production was smaller than many had wished, but his play was still good and unless I'm mistaken I think he was part of the players with the most shots in the Finals.

Winning the cup is tough, and that's why in the end it'll come down to role players like Talbot, Kennedy, Cleary, Draper, Helm, etc..

I find it funny that you mention Crosby ''carried'' his team at parts, before the Finals. Without Crosby or Malkin, Pittsburgh go absolutely nowhere.
If Hossa is out, Detroit still has Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Franzen, Lidstrom, Rafalski, etc..they have an allstar roster. Let's not forget they won the cup last year with pretty much the same team without him.

But when Hossa was in Pittsburgh, where he needed to be more offensively implied, he responded by scoring 26pts in 20gp.

It's not like Detroit got swept in 4 in the Semi-Finals here. It could have went either way and nobody would be talking about Hossa other than to say he made the right bet.

Hossa did have good POs according to Babcock himself and I agree. You can agree with the bitter Fans about him not producing as much as they'd hoped, but I'll agree with the Coach.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 12:21 PM
Bobby Clark
Spicy Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Yes I have seen Wings game before the Finals, and I've seen some during the season too, so I don't really have to ask fans how Hossa played. I can judge him myself, he's had strong games and had weaker ones. Just like Crosby, or Zetterberg, or Datsyuk, name them..
I'm not only basing myself off stats, but also on what BABCOCK said in an interview. His opinion matters more to me than the one of a few fans, because we all know how rational fans can be!

Yea, it would have been great to get a bigger production out of Hossa. Likewise for pretty much every other player, on both teams.

Detroit lost by 1 freaking Goal. Do you understand how close it was?..Pointing fingers is simply stupid.

Also, just like the rest of Detroit's stars, Hossa is a great 2way player. Maybe his production was smaller than many had wished, but his play was still good and unless I'm mistaken I think he was part of the players with the most shots in the Finals.

Winning the cup is tough, and that's why in the end it'll come down to role players like Talbot, Kennedy, Cleary, Draper, Helm, etc..

I find it funny that you mention Crosby ''carried'' his team at parts, before the Finals. Without Crosby or Malkin, Pittsburgh go absolutely nowhere.
If Hossa is out, Detroit still has Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Franzen, Lidstrom, Rafalski, etc..they have an allstar roster. Let's not forget they won the cup last year with pretty much the same team without him.

But when Hossa was in Pittsburgh, where he needed to be more offensively implied, he responded by scoring 26pts in 20gp.

It's not like Detroit got swept in 4 in the Semi-Finals here. It could have went either way and nobody would be talking about Hossa other than to say he made the right bet.

Hossa did have good POs according to Babcock himself and I agree. You can agree with the bitter Fans about him not producing as much as they'd hoped, but I'll agree with the Coach.
While you bring some good points i still don't think you win with Hossa as a primary player.

This debate could go on forever and i am lazy so let's agree to disagree.

Bobby Clark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 01:51 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
While you bring some good points i still don't think you win with Hossa as a primary player.

This debate could go on forever and i am lazy so let's agree to disagree.
Agreed.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 04:11 PM
number 11

doesn't seem like the greatest team guy....but at a fair price i'd still take him i think

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote