HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nyr/edm

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-14-2009, 10:03 AM
  #1
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,878
vCash: 500
Nyr/edm

So both teams need a change

would Edmonton fans consider this:

I think I know the answer haha

Gomez, Zherdev,2nd rounder

for

Horcoff, Penner

I believe its equal in contracts going back . Pretty close anyway


Last edited by Vitto79: 06-14-2009 at 10:09 AM.
Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 10:23 AM
  #2
Duponttime*
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
So both teams need a change

would Edmonton fans consider this:

I think I know the answer haha

Gomez, Zherdev,2nd rounder

for

Horcoff, Penner

I believe its equal in contracts going back . Pretty close anyway
This makes the Rangers a much weaker club. Makes no sense for them.

Duponttime* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 10:24 AM
  #3
oilers24
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 272
vCash: 500
id definatly make that deal if i am the Oilers, that Horcoff contract will cripple us, he should be lucky to make anything more then 4.2 mil

oilers24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 10:26 AM
  #4
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers24 View Post
id definatly make that deal if i am the Oilers, that Horcoff contract will cripple us, he should be lucky to make anything more then 4.2 mil
I think both teams need a change and the contracts are so freaking bad that this may be the only way to do it.

still think they can move Rozsival to someone and resign Antropov

I would like to keep Zherdev to play with Anisimov next year but this is the type of deal they likely have to do to shake things up

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 10:35 AM
  #5
Duponttime*
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I think both teams need a change and the contracts are so freaking bad that this may be the only way to do it.

still think they can move Rozsival to someone and resign Antropov

I would like to keep Zherdev to play with Anisimov next year but this is the type of deal they likely have to do to shake things up
Not only does this make the Rangers worse but for the Oilers, there is no guarantee that if Zherdev was dealt there he wouldn't bolt for Russia. I have no problem exchanging Gomez for Horcoff if you throw back a couple of guys like Potter and Kveton to sweeten the deal. Oilers fans kind of like Kveton and I don't see him fitting in on the Rangers.

Duponttime* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 10:40 AM
  #6
sgupca
Registered User
 
sgupca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lloydminster, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
So both teams need a change

would Edmonton fans consider this:

I think I know the answer haha

Gomez, Zherdev,2nd rounder

for

Horcoff, Penner

I believe its equal in contracts going back . Pretty close anyway
The Oilers do it and run away laughing....the Rangers get bent

sgupca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 10:46 AM
  #7
oilersfan87
Registered User
 
oilersfan87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,124
vCash: 500
id love this

oilersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 11:48 AM
  #8
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Yes, makes perfect sense. Gomez, the guy who helped get Renney fired, going to Edmonton, where Renney was just hired.

And it's another swing and a miss for Vitto...

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 11:59 AM
  #9
Brian28
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Yes, makes perfect sense. Gomez, the guy who helped get Renney fired, going to Edmonton, where Renney was just hired.

And it's another swing and a miss for Vitto...
lol I had never thought of that aspect before. Very good point...I highly doubt Edmonton would bring in the guy who contributed to their new assistant coach being let go in NY.

Brian28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 12:39 PM
  #10
Clownpipe*
Whitney Smash!
 
Clownpipe*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bhancoubhair
Country: Scotland
Posts: 1,978
vCash: 500
Renney aside, there's no way the Oilers do this.

Clownpipe* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 12:40 PM
  #11
Brian28
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownpipe View Post
Renney aside, there's no way the Oilers do this.
Renney does make for one more reason Edmonton wouldn't do this though.

Brian28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 12:47 PM
  #12
spot
Registered User
 
spot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,543
vCash: 500
Call me a homer but as an Oiler fan I would decline this offer.

A.) would love to see Penner under new coaching ,playing a full year on the 2nd line and poweplay unit. He still scored 50 goals for us in two seasons with the oil. Penner O'sullivan Gagner Is a great 2nd line Penner creates alot of room for the other two.

B.) Horcoff's cap hit of 5.5 million really is not that bad. IMO if next year the Oilers roll with Heatley Horcoff Hemsky Horc's will score 80pts. Not too mention he is a beast on the face off circle and our best defensive forward. We need him on that line to help offset Hemmers and Heaters defensive short comings. Horc comes into camp in the best shape and gives 110% on the ice each night.

spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 01:43 PM
  #13
Seachd
Registered User
 
Seachd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: The Fail
Posts: 13,250
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers24 View Post
id definatly make that deal if i am the Oilers, that Horcoff contract will cripple us, he should be lucky to make anything more then 4.2 mil
Have you seen Gomez's contract?

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 01:44 PM
  #14
AK
Registered User
 
AK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 15,538
vCash: 500
Please...please...stop making proposals.

Gomez and Renney despise each other, don't they?

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 01:45 PM
  #15
Joey Moss
Proud to select...
 
Joey Moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 21,168
vCash: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by spot View Post
Call me a homer but as an Oiler fan I would decline this offer.

A.) would love to see Penner under new coaching ,playing a full year on the 2nd line and poweplay unit. He still scored 50 goals for us in two seasons with the oil. Penner O'sullivan Gagner Is a great 2nd line Penner creates alot of room for the other two.

B.) Horcoff's cap hit of 5.5 million really is not that bad. IMO if next year the Oilers roll with Heatley Horcoff Hemsky Horc's will score 80pts. Not too mention he is a beast on the face off circle and our best defensive forward. We need him on that line to help offset Hemmers and Heaters defensive short comings. Horc comes into camp in the best shape and gives 110% on the ice each night.
Your not a homer for this, I'd have to agree, we would like to see how Penner fits under Quinn's system.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 03:35 PM
  #16
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Homesick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,942
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgupca View Post
The Oilers do it and run away laughing....the Rangers get bent
Gomez=Horcoff What little more offense Gomez does provide his contract brings him a step back. Horcoff is much better defensively
Zherdev= Welcome to the KHL. He's run back to Russia before, so I see no reason why he won't again if he doesnt get a huge deal here.

At least Horcoff isnt technically overpaid yet.......

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 03:37 PM
  #17
Duponttime*
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
Gomez=Horcoff What little more offense Gomez does provide his contract brings him a step back. Horcoff is much better defensively
Zherdev= Welcome to the KHL. He's run back to Russia before, so I see no reason why he won't again if he doesnt get a huge deal here.

At least Horcoff isnt technically overpaid yet.......
That's a complete lie again. Again, it's amazing how many GOOD defensive players the Oilers have, yet they stink defensively every year as a team.

Duponttime* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 04:18 PM
  #18
Ghostbuster
Registered User
 
Ghostbuster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 6,889
vCash: 500
Pass from a Oil perspective.

The only Rangers I would want are Staal, Callahan, Dubinsky and Lundqvist. I`m pretty sure all are pretty much hands off.

Ghostbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 06:05 PM
  #19
Devsfan309
Registered User
 
Devsfan309's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 59
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers24 View Post
id definatly make that deal if i am the Oilers, that Horcoff contract will cripple us, he should be lucky to make anything more then 4.2 mil
His contract will cripple u? How bout Gomez's contract if this trade went through? Not a good trade for either team, no one dumps salary like they are trying to do..

Devsfan309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 06:09 PM
  #20
Duponttime*
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostbuster View Post
Pass from a Oil perspective.

The only Rangers I would want are Staal, Callahan, Dubinsky and Lundqvist. I`m pretty sure all are pretty much hands off.
You have actually looked at your roster right?

Duponttime* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 06:17 PM
  #21
Regin 43*
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by youarentobjective View Post
You have actually looked at your roster right?
Souray, Visnovski, Gilbert, Grebeshkov, Gagner, Hemsky, Cogliano, O'sullivan, Eberle, 10th pick are all very valuable commodities to have.

So I really have no idea what you are talking about.

Regin 43* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 06:21 PM
  #22
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus
 
Zubrus Coffee Maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cobourg, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,379
vCash: 500
i couldnt see this happen, the rangers would probably keep gomez if they get 2 overpaid players back.

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 06:28 PM
  #23
Heaters not lazt*
 
Heaters not lazt*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
Zherdev= Welcome to the KHL. He's run back to Russia before, so I see no reason why he won't again if he doesnt get a huge deal here.
Well, to his defense, he's also come running back... There must be a reason for that.

Heaters not lazt* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 07:04 PM
  #24
TMONT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 154
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by youarentobjective View Post
Not only does this make the Rangers worse but for the Oilers, there is no guarantee that if Zherdev was dealt there he wouldn't bolt for Russia. I have no problem exchanging Gomez for Horcoff if you throw back a couple of guys like Potter and Kveton to sweeten the deal. Oilers fans kind of like Kveton and I don't see him fitting in on the Rangers.
Gomez for Horcoff is already a steal on its own, if anything edmonton would be adding to sweaten the deal.

TMONT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 07:07 PM
  #25
TMONT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 154
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spot View Post
Call me a homer but as an Oiler fan I would decline this offer.

A.) would love to see Penner under new coaching ,playing a full year on the 2nd line and poweplay unit. He still scored 50 goals for us in two seasons with the oil. Penner O'sullivan Gagner Is a great 2nd line Penner creates alot of room for the other two.

B.) Horcoff's cap hit of 5.5 million really is not that bad. IMO if next year the Oilers roll with Heatley Horcoff Hemsky Horc's will score 80pts. Not too mention he is a beast on the face off circle and our best defensive forward. We need him on that line to help offset Hemmers and Heaters defensive short comings. Horc comes into camp in the best shape and gives 110% on the ice each night.
If 90% of Edmonton fans believe Horcoff's contract is excessive, then chances are it probably is. I agree he would most likely produce more on a line with Heatley and Hemsky, but if you were offered Gomez for Horcoff straight up, I don't see the GM turning that down.

TMONT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:20 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.