HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Now that the Pens have won - the truth has to be said.

Old
06-14-2009, 03:46 AM
benji
Took too much, man.

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to benji
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredez View Post
I doubt this is a serious post though.
lol no you didn't

benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 03:10 PM
Ncrdrg

Send a message via AIM to Ncrdrg Send a message via MSN to Ncrdrg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
You know - I'm taking names of those that missed the implied sarcasm. I had an earlier, softer version - but I pushed it a bit fearing people will miss the sarcasm.

Seems I did not push enough. The scary part is that people believing me means it is possible we see this kind of stuff for real.

I was hoping that claiming we should have drafted Croby, putting three non-Russian names in a Russian issue, making a Lafleur's son hint and the Balsilie stuff at the end would be enough. Wasn't.
Hahaha, don't worry. The few of us who are smart enough to get it on the first read will continue to chuckle at those dumb enough to miss the sarcasm.
By the way, the Lafleur joke is 11/10!

Ncrdrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 03:16 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
- Gainey and Martin claim to follow the Red Wings model - it was clear last night it's choker and failure model. We should use the Penguins model instead.

- We should start drafting top players from the Q - how many were there one the Pens including Crosby ? Also we should try to draft more real Québecers like Fleury or Letang (Talbot deserves a paragraph for himself).

- Maxime Talbot. How could we pass such a great awesome clutch player? Grit, determination, great hands and he's one of us too ? A team with 4-5 Talbots would be Stanley Cup bound. Who did we get instead of him ?

- If we-re going to draft Russians, at least draft good ones like Malkin not lousy Kostytsyns, Grabovski's and Plekanec.

- Team ownership should belong to ex stars. There are plenty of ex Habs great names that would be willing to be our own Mario Lemieux. Think about Lafleur or Beliveau or Patrick Roy.

- Our young superstars should be asked to live with great ex players. Imagine Price living with Guy Lafleur who would treat him like a son and teach him the basic values needed to be a proud Hab player.

- We should try and have Balsilie offer to buy and move us too. This will bring Bettman to do his best so we get good players and favorable refs so that we can build us a fanbase. Worked for the Pens...

- Feel free to add your precious insights...
I wasn't sure if you were serious, until I read the bolded part....

I haven't checked, but did many people bite?

But hey, you never know, you might not be kidding, and in that case, all over.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 03:57 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
Are you seriously asking if I'm seriously asking him if he's serious about inquiring about my level of seriousness?
Hossa to Montreal!!! E5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 06:30 PM
Newhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncrdrg View Post
Hahaha, don't worry. The few of us who are smart enough to get it on the first read will continue to chuckle at those dumb enough to miss the sarcasm.
I resent this - People who missed the sarcasm were not dumb - they were just expecting the worst from the HFBoards. Stuff like this happens right now under our eyes in the media and on these boards.

That's why I tried to plant some "joke warnings" more or less visible.
- claiming we should have drafted Crosby and Malkin
- using three non Russian names (Plekanec?!!)
- reference to "Talbot's great hands"
- reference to Lafleur's son
- The whole Balsilie thingie was an extra over the top. Was supposed to work better.

Now it is probable that some people did not really read what they were reacting to and I can't really blame them.

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 06:40 PM
JackieChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncrdrg View Post
I agree! And why not use this thread as an admission test for a new board, HfboardsL33T.com maybe, in which only the Few-of-you-smart-enough-to-get-it-on-the-first-read would be able to participate?

JackieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 06:43 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

This thread is a waste of space. Can it be locked now?

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 11:36 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
This thread is a waste of space. Can it be locked now?
Sorry dude, you might want to hang out on the Canadiens official message board for that. They locked great threads for no reason all the time over there. Worst mods of all-time.

No wonder its a wasteland.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 11:48 AM
Boulette Cannon

We need more players with dried up lips.

Boulette Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 11:51 AM
Newhabfan

Can we please let this thread die? Lot's of more nonsensical stuff have already been said in other threads.

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 03:54 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Can we please let this thread die? Lot's of more nonsensical stuff have already been said in other threads.
Hey man, its your thread. We'll let it die.

One last comment though. I thought it was wicked.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 04:05 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
- Gainey and Martin claim to follow the Red Wings model - it was clear last night it's choker and failure model. We should use the Penguins model instead.

- We should start drafting top players from the Q - how many were there one the Pens including Crosby ? Also we should try to draft more real Québecers like Fleury or Letang (Talbot deserves a paragraph for himself).

- Maxime Talbot. How could we pass such a great awesome clutch player? Grit, determination, great hands and he's one of us too ? A team with 4-5 Talbots would be Stanley Cup bound. Who did we get instead of him ?

- If we-re going to draft Russians, at least draft good ones like Malkin not lousy Kostytsyns, Grabovski's and Plekanec.

- Team ownership should belong to ex stars. There are plenty of ex Habs great names that would be willing to be our own Mario Lemieux. Think about Lafleur or Beliveau or Patrick Roy.

- Our young superstars should be asked to live with great ex players. Imagine Price living with Guy Lafleur who would treat him like a son and teach him the basic values needed to be a proud Hab player.

- We should try and have Balsilie offer to buy and move us too. This will bring Bettman to do his best so we get good players and favorable refs so that we can build us a fanbase. Worked for the Pens...

You won't get those players for a grabbag of middle of the pack rookies, not even if they number 10 in all. And even if you did, there would be no guarantee of success. The Sens didn't make the playoffs with Heatley, Spezza, and Alfredsson.

No, the Habs wouldn't have done better than the Flyers against the Penguins last year. The Penguins had Hossa and Staal to go along with Crosby and Malkin and Price wouldn't have been able to stand up to them. On the reverse side, all the Penguins would have had to do was check Kovalev.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 04:09 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:

You won't get those players for a grabbag of middle of the pack rookies, not even if they number 10 in all. And even if you did, there would be no guarantee of success. The Sens didn't make the playoffs with Heatley, Spezza, and Alfredsson.

No, the Habs wouldn't have done better than the Flyers against the Penguins last year. The Penguins had Hossa and Staal to go along with Crosby and Malkin and Price wouldn't have been able to stand up to them. On the reverse side, all the Penguins would have had to do was check Kovalev.

The Habs have drafted Quebecers but most of the ones they drafted were not very good. The Russians on the Habs are among the team's best players. Where's the francophone Markov?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote