HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

VAN Needs a Better Puck Moving Dman

Old
06-14-2009, 04:20 PM
dannyboy8920
I cheer for Losers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
Damn are Leafs fans desperate to trade Kaberle. They have proposals for him going to just about every team in the league. If they are that desperate to trade him then I'd only offer p a 2010 1st and a mid level prospect for him.

Good god, they are asking for more than what Burke was asking for at the trade deadline and he couldn't get any takers back then, what in the world makes them think that Kabs has MORE trade value now????
Kaberle is my favorite leaf right now, just got his jersey; but if you look at this team.....who is a the most intriguing player? its gotta be Tomas. Schenn is untouchable so thats outa the question. Us fans are looking for a faster rebuild and i assume dealing Kaberle may be able to get us our biggest return.

dannyboy8920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 04:57 PM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
Kaberle is my favorite leaf right now, just got his jersey; but if you look at this team.....who is a the most intriguing player? its gotta be Tomas. Schenn is untouchable so thats outa the question. Us fans are looking for a faster rebuild and i assume dealing Kaberle may be able to get us our biggest return.
I completely understand and I agree that it's what the Leafs SHOULD do to try and hasten their rebuild. However, I find it humerous that some Leafs fans believe they can actually get more for Kabere NOW than Burke COULDN'T get for him at the trade deadline. Burke said he wanted a 1st and a quality player/prospect and he couldn't get it, why would Kabs have MORE trade value now??? It just doesn't make sense. I can see Burke still asking for the same return and if he doesn' get it then just holding on to him but I doubt you get MORE for him like some are asking. That's all I'm saying.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 05:09 PM
Varius

Quote:
I completely understand and I agree that it's what the Leafs SHOULD do to try and hasten their rebuild. However, I find it humerous that some Leafs fans believe they can actually get more for Kabere NOW than Burke COULDN'T get for him at the trade deadline. Burke said he wanted a 1st and a quality player/prospect and he couldn't get it, why would Kabs have MORE trade value now??? It just doesn't make sense. I can see Burke still asking for the same return and if he doesn' get it then just holding on to him but I doubt you get MORE for him like some are asking. That's all I'm saying.
There are a few cases where his value could increase, such as to a team who lost a top-4 D of their own to a big free agent offer, or a team who took their shot at a free agent D but couldn't manage to sign any...

Varius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 05:11 PM
Schenn
Dirt Road Scholar

Quote:
Damn are Leafs fans desperate to trade Kaberle. They have proposals for him going to just about every team in the league. If they are that desperate to trade him then I'd only offer p a 2010 1st and a mid level prospect for him.

Good god, they are asking for more than what Burke was asking for at the trade deadline and he couldn't get any takers back then, what in the world makes them think that Kabs has MORE trade value now????
These were just examples of maybe posible trades that could happen in order for vancouver to acquire a puck mover, cuzz vancouver doesnt really have one right now,

these were just trades to start discussion

are there any other puck movers that are available on any other teams?
what would a trade be to acquire the puckmover,
that is what i want to know,, those were just examples.,

Schenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
AXN

Rozsival might be availlable from Rangers. 1st round pick will do it.

AXN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Richter35

you guys want mikey roszival? he seems to fit the description....

Richter35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 05:15 PM
TheHotRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXN View Post
1st will definitely do it, but let's not get greedy. i'd be happy to take a 2nd for the right to free up the 5 mil in cap space

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 05:20 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXN View Post
I don't think the Rangers will want to sacrifice their 1st round pick just to get Rozsival off the books. Rozsival and a 1st to Vancouver for a 7th round pick? Vancouver probably passes.
-------
Are there people out there that think the Flyers could afford to bring Bouwmeester aboard with a falling cap in '10-11? Even without Briere I don't think it's possible. And we all know Briere isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
-------
To Van- Bouwmeester's rights
To Flo- Mason Raymond(conditional on Bouw's signing)

Drop the Sopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 05:34 PM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
I don't think the Rangers will want to sacrifice their 1st round pick just to get Rozsival off the books. Rozsival and a 1st to Vancouver for a 7th round pick? Vancouver probably passes.
-------
Are there people out there that think the Flyers could afford to bring Bouwmeester aboard with a falling cap in '10-11? Even without Briere I don't think it's possible. And we all know Briere isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
-------
To Van- Bouwmeester's rights
To Flo- Mason Raymond(conditional on Bouw's signing)
I agree. I think it would be a mistake to dump a ton of money into another high end contract. We need to just be shedding these types of salaries, not swapping 1 for another. The ONLY way the Flyers make anything work with Boumeester is if we trade Briere and Carle, then move Lupul for Harding allowing us to go cheaper in net, and then go back to a more traditional 2 scoring lines and 1 checking line style.

JVR - Carter - Hartnell
Gagne - Richards - Giroux
Carcillo - ???? - ????
Cote - Powe - Asham

Timonen - Coburn
J-Bo - Parent
(who cares, cheap players)

Harding - Backlund

That lineup MIGHT work cap wise however an aweful lot has to go just right to make this "ideal" situation work for the Flyers.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 05:53 PM
CASUAL KEV
Jack Adams™

I came into this thread expecting the typical Leafs fan trade proposal. Kaberle for a blue chip prospect and a 1st round pick. And thats what happened.

No, Kaberle is past his prime. ( I realize he isnt that old)

CASUAL KEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 05:59 PM
mstad101

would the rangers take a
rozy 2nd rd pick for Salo? possibly a late pick, B Level Prospect?

mstad101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 06:03 PM
Richter35

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
would the rangers take a
maybe not a 2nd, but that could def work.

Richter35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 06:12 PM
mstad101

a one for one would work than?

mstad101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 06:28 PM
Agent007

Quote:
I agree. I think it would be a mistake to dump a ton of money into another high end contract. We need to just be shedding these types of salaries, not swapping 1 for another. The ONLY way the Flyers make anything work with Boumeester is if we trade Briere and Carle, then move Lupul for Harding allowing us to go cheaper in net, and then go back to a more traditional 2 scoring lines and 1 checking line style.

JVR - Carter - Hartnell
Carcillo - ???? - ????
Cote - Powe - Asham

Timonen - Coburn
J-Bo - Parent
(who cares, cheap players)

Harding - Backlund

That lineup MIGHT work cap wise however an aweful lot has to go just right to make this "ideal" situation work for the Flyers.
JVR - Carter - Hartnell
Carcillo - ???? - Nodl
Cote - Powe - Asham
???

Timonen - Coburn
J-Bo - Parent
Sisba-???
???

Harding
Backlund

That lineup right there MIGHT be able to work assuming the cap doesn't go any lower then 50 million dollars and IF Coburn, Parent, Carcillo all get reasonable raises. I'd assume Coburn would be the biggest of the bunch.

There's no doubt it would be a real tight squeeze to get it done and Philly would have to dump guys like Briere, Lupul and Carle to get it done.

However from everything we've heard so far (and there hasn't been anything to make us think otherwise) Bouwmeester wants to play in the West more specifically western Canada.

I think all 3 Canadian teams will go hard after Bouwmeester and unless Calgary and Edmonton can dump some salary Vancouver might just be the hands on favourite to land Bouwmeester.

Obviously someone else like LA, Anaheim, Dallas, Minnesota can get involved and make things interesting but if he sticks to what we've heard so far (that he wants to play in Western Canada) then Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton are the favourites and it wouldn't suprise me to see him land in one of those three cities.

With that being said things could change over the next two weeks.

Agent007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 06:29 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
would the rangers take a
I'd rather just keep Salo.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote