HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Islanders/Avalanche

Old
06-14-2009, 09:18 PM
adzrne7

vCash: 500
Islanders/Avalanche

To Colorado:
#1 Overall Pick 2009 NHL Draft

To Islanders:
#3 Overall Pick 2009 NHL Draft
#33 Overall Pick 2009 NHL Draft
Defenseman Nigel Williams

Why Colorado does this: They draft Victor Hedman to anchor their D for the next 15 years. They give up their #2 D prospect, and #33 pick, but small price to pay for one of the most talented D prospects ever....

Why New York does this: They draft Matt Duchene to become the leader and future #1 center. They grab an extra 2nd rounder in #33, and add a automatic top 5 prospect in their system in Nigel. Basically #33, and Nigel for a small downgrade if at all in some peoples eyes(Tavares/Duchene).

Islanders:
#3 pick
#26 pick
#31 pick
#33 pick
#37 pick

Islanders can seriously alter their franchise with a great draft this year, especially it being fairly deep especially in defenseman.

thoughts? please dont rip me too bad.

adzrne7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 09:19 PM
SLAPSHOT723
QU 2014 - Isles Fan

Unless the Isles think Duchene is THE guy, I wouldn't do this if I was them. It really isn't enough for the 1st pick.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 09:29 PM
NHL33*

I'd think the Avs are comfortable where they are.

NHL33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 09:31 PM
JT 91 NYI*

On behalf of the Islanders organization, we pass

JT 91 NYI* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 09:41 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre1614 View Post
To Colorado:

To Islanders:

Why Colorado does this: They draft Victor Hedman to anchor their D for the next 15 years. They give up their #2 D prospect, and #33 pick, but small price to pay for one of the most talented D prospects ever....

Why New York does this: They draft Matt Duchene to become the leader and future #1 center. They grab an extra 2nd rounder in #33, and add a automatic top 5 prospect in their system in Nigel. Basically #33, and Nigel for a small downgrade if at all in some peoples eyes(Tavares/Duchene).

Islanders:
#3 pick
#26 pick
#31 pick
#33 pick
#37 pick

Islanders can seriously alter their franchise with a great draft this year, especially it being fairly deep especially in defenseman.

I'm hoping the isles draft either Hedman or Tavares.

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/ho...ow_top_pr.html
Tampa Bay and Colorado hold the second and third spots, respectively, in the draft order, and there was some speculation about a scenario in which the Islanders might trade down and still the get top player on their board. But when Snow was asked if he has a feel for what the Lightning and Avalanche are thinking, he put the kibosh on that notion.

"Why look in my rearview mirror?" Snow said. "There have been no conversations about going down."

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 09:51 PM
shadow1

Colorado says hell no. As it stands, there seems to be some confusion as to which order the top three players will be drafted. Analysis: their talent levels are close. Thus, I doubt Colorado trades their 1st round pick, high 2nd round pick, and most promising AHL defenseman to move up two spots.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 09:58 PM
KH1

There are only 2 scenarios in which the Isles move down: either they decide that Duchene is the best prospect in the draft, or Tampa/Colorado makes an offer they can't refuse. We've seen no indication that they think that highly of Duchene, and while this is a good offer it's not enough to justify passing on Tavares and Hedman.

Pass.

KH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 10:05 PM
Pure

vCash: 665
It would probably take at the very least that much, but I don't think the Avs will overpay to go from Duchene to Hedman.

Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 10:05 PM
In Exisle

Garth doesn't do it for a plethora of reasons.

However, in terms of pure value, this isn't a bad proposal.

In Exisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 10:11 PM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
Colorado says hell no. As it stands, there seems to be some confusion as to which order the top three players will be drafted. Analysis: their talent levels are close. Thus, I doubt Colorado trades their 1st round pick, high 2nd round pick, and most promising AHL defenseman to move up two spots.

I can't even tell who the Isles wants. Some days I think it is Hedman, some days Duchene, and most days tavares.

So, yeah, no point for Col to move. One way or the other, they'll get a guy who would easily be #1 in most years.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 10:22 PM
Grackle Party
Varls Barkley 2k12

vCash: 50
Probably already said but....

The Avs will be happy with whomever they get at #3

Grackle Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 10:23 PM
Starrlinx

There is just no motivation for Colorado to make this trade. They will be perfectly happy with whoever is left at #3 and there is no reason to trade a high second round pick and one of their most promissing prospects to move up two spots in a draft where there is debate as to which order the top 3 players will go in.

Starrlinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 11:12 PM
Beesfan

I'll be honest, I don't really understand the overwhelming love for Duchene (disclaimer: I have not seen him play). Can he really be THAT much better than Kane, Schenn, Pajaarvi, and Schroeder?

I think Tavares and Hedmen have distanced themselves from the pack. It will take a lot more than this offer by Colorado to grab that pick.

Beesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 11:20 PM
NOTENOUGHBREWER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beesfan View Post
I'll be honest, I don't really understand the overwhelming love for Duchene (disclaimer: I have not seen him play). Can he really be THAT much better than Kane, Schenn, Pajaarvi, and Schroeder?

I think Tavares and Hedmen have distanced themselves from the pack. It will take a lot more than this offer by Colorado to grab that pick.
I think Schenn is a clear step below him, but will still be very good. Kane and MPS I think are terrible. Schroeder really isnt even in the picture as the third overall.

One thing that is worrisome about Duchene is he hasnt been the go to guy on his team considering they have Hodgson and Grachev. But I think he is clearly a better forward prospect than Schenn at this point and the other 3 are far behind.

NOTENOUGHBREWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 01:19 AM
boredmale

I would be more then happy taking a 2nd rounder to switch spots with Tampa, but it would take a first rounder next year to drop down 2 spots

boredmale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 07:36 AM
JT 91 NYI*

Only way I make a deal for the first pick would look like this:

Isles Get:
3rd Overall Pick (Colorado)
2010 1st Round Pick

Avs Get:
1st Overall Pick (NYI)
2010 2nd Round Pick

Doubt Colorado would do this and no way the Isles make the 1st trade.

JT 91 NYI* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 08:42 AM
Pure Slaughter Value

Send a message via AIM to Pure Slaughter Value
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
"Why look in my rearview mirror?" Snow said. "There have been no conversations about going down."
In 2008 it was "I would have to be absolutely blown away in order to trade the 5th overall".

This is why I take his words with a grain of salt. I don't really think last year's trade with the Leafs blew me away...

Pure Slaughter Value is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 08:45 AM
gonzo11
Give the dog a bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre1614 View Post
To Colorado:

To Islanders:

Islanders:
#3 pick
#26 pick
#31 pick
#33 pick
#37 pick

If the aves coujld move the 26th and 31st picks to a 15-16 piock overall maybe--if not==no

picking are slim after the top twenty and 1-2 are the guys to draft this year

gonzo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 11:41 AM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Vagabond View Post
If the aves coujld move the 26th and 31st picks to a 15-16 piock overall maybe--if not==no

picking are slim after the top twenty and 1-2 are the guys to draft this year

The Avs don't have the 26th and 31st picks. The Isles do.

Old
06-15-2009, 11:42 AM
B.D. Gallof
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Slaughter Value View Post
In 2008 it was "I would have to be absolutely blown away in order to trade the 5th overall".

This is why I take his words with a grain of salt. I don't really think last year's trade with the Leafs blew me away...
Very well put. Exactly.

I wouldn't take much stock in any statement.

Then again, there are over 10,000-13,000 (draft party) reasons that they will likely be on point to get Tavares

B.D. Gallof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 11:43 AM
AlMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Budaj Bugatti View Post
I'd think the Avs are comfortable where they are.
Im thinking the exact same thing......I think the Avs are more than content with Matt Duchene.

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 11:45 AM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Slaughter Value View Post

I think you are being a big unfair to Snow here. His statements about not being willing to move his pick had more to do with pick-for-vet deals.

The deal he eventually did pull off was telegraphed by several of his comments leading up to the draft.

I don't necessarily consider Snow to be a good GM, but he is not a dishonest GM.

Old
06-15-2009, 11:48 AM
crazyforhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starrlinx View Post
There is just no motivation for Colorado to make this trade. They will be perfectly happy with whoever is left at #3 and there is no reason to trade a high second round pick and one of their most promissing prospects to move up two spots in a draft where there is debate as to which order the top 3 players will go in.
It might be cheaper to give something to TB so they dont pick Hedman,if avaliable.Dont know what athe value going back to TB would be.But it might be an affordable option.
Or they could trade with Tor for their 7th and Kaberle if Burke is really desperate to move up.

crazyforhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 11:50 AM
Darth Milbury

Tampa desperately wants Hedman and the idea of the Leafs trading up at the cost of Kaberle is about as tired (and unrealistic) as it gets.

Old
06-15-2009, 02:49 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
I can't even tell who the Isles wants. Some days I think it is Hedman, some days Duchene, and most days tavares.
How odd.

Seems like most every other NYI fan (Taveras fanboy) is so confident, so self-assured, they know. Eh JT 91 NYI?

Quote:
So, yeah, no point for Col to move. One way or the other, they'll get a guy who would easily be #1 in most years.
Whoa! An objective view of the other team. How novel. How enlightened. How rare.

But I'd expect nothing less from you.

Trottier is online now   Reply With Quote