HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Official Fantasy Trade Offers Thread 2

View Poll Results: Would You?
HELL YEAH! 2 4.55%
I would hink about it then say yes 1 2.27%
Would think about it then say no 5 11.36%
Where are they making this bs from? 36 81.82%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-21-2009, 11:14 PM
  #51
StrangeVision
HFBoards Sponsor
 
StrangeVision's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 13,969
vCash: 117
I, for one, hope Horton is not traded.

StrangeVision is online now  
Old
05-21-2009, 11:40 PM
  #52
Gudbranson4Prez
Yu - Behr - Doe
 
Gudbranson4Prez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,510
vCash: 50
If we got Bolland and Barker I'd deal him

Gudbranson4Prez is offline  
Old
05-22-2009, 12:12 AM
  #53
ShootIt
Registered User
 
ShootIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 561
Country: United States
Posts: 5,583
vCash: 500
Any way RUMOR can go on the title?

ShootIt is online now  
Old
05-22-2009, 04:08 AM
  #54
CanadianPantherFan
Registered User
 
CanadianPantherFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballard4Prez View Post
If we got Bolland and Barker I'd deal him
Ummm...ya I probably would too even being somewhat of a Horton fan. Hearing a lot about Barker playing junior in my home province...he would be paired with Ballard,Ellerby and crew for years to come.

Chicago will not be able to afford ALL those 3-4 young studs on the blueline in a couple years plus those forwards up front. Lets take one of them while we can.

CanadianPantherFan is online now  
Old
05-22-2009, 05:11 AM
  #55
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
Mogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 9,542
vCash: 813
We need offense! Hawks dont need Horton

Mogo is offline  
Old
05-22-2009, 05:18 AM
  #56
handbanana
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
handbanana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 8,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post
Any way RUMOR can go on the title?
Yeah, my heart skipped a beat. But this isn't even a rumor, it's a trade proposal.

handbanana is offline  
Old
05-22-2009, 09:35 AM
  #57
Panthers/Leafs fan
 
Panthers/Leafs fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Country: Belgium
Posts: 2,428
vCash: 500
I for one, WOULD trade Horton.

Note that I'm stepping back for just a second from that statement, as I haven't seen him for more than one season. But what I've seen is so much promise, so much potential to break out. He's got all the gifts, but not the head, IMO.

He's dazzling at times. I saw him score several goals this year from...totally impossible angles...and his wrister is amazing. But Horton can appear to b totally disinterested at others. He barely moves his feet.

Then again, he appeared to be doing much better at times in the last third of the season. And something he didn't get enough credit for, IMO, was his defense. He was quite active.

So which Horton are we going to get? The potential star? The jaded (been there, done that) hockey player. Or a frustrating mixture of the two?

So, yes, I think I'd trade him, given what I read above about how unresponsive he's been to various coaches in the past. I believe someone in an earlier post used the word enigmatic. I think it fits.

Panthers/Leafs fan is offline  
Old
05-22-2009, 01:01 PM
  #58
zeroG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 6,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers/Leafs fan View Post
I for one, WOULD trade Horton.

Note that I'm stepping back for just a second from that statement, as I haven't seen him for more than one season. But what I've seen is so much promise, so much potential to break out. He's got all the gifts, but not the head, IMO.

He's dazzling at times. I saw him score several goals this year from...totally impossible angles...and his wrister is amazing. But Horton can appear to b totally disinterested at others. He barely moves his feet.

Then again, he appeared to be doing much better at times in the last third of the season. And something he didn't get enough credit for, IMO, was his defense. He was quite active.

So which Horton are we going to get? The potential star? The jaded (been there, done that) hockey player. Or a frustrating mixture of the two?

So, yes, I think I'd trade him, given what I read above about how unresponsive he's been to various coaches in the past. I believe someone in an earlier post used the word enigmatic. I think it fits.
2 objections to your rationale for a potential trade: one thing i'll point out (always do, to the chagrin of several posters here) is that fans often have a hard time gauging when a guy is floating and when he's picking his spots or even if he's working hard on the backcheck (the bottom line is that if he has defensive position on HIS check, he's where he needs to be, even if it looks like he's coasting). many great scorers would appear to be floating at times if you followed them for their entire shift. yada, yada, yada... i know it gets old but it's the truth. in saying this, i don't mean to excuse instances where horton's compete level hasn't been where it should be (and i agree that has been the case at times), mind you.

the other point is that the line can blur when you talk about individual responsibility. i mean, nate has been thrown into some tough situations, with questionable guidance (keenan and olli?) leaned on heavily on mediocre teams and still, when healthy, produced 60+ pts. he also hasn't had a ton of support. remember how productive he was with booth and weiss? remember, these were not his choices.

having said all that, if you can trade him and make the team better, sure, do it. in this market though, don't you think think a guy who can score 30 goals, maybe even 40 with good support is a pretty good value at 4.xM/yr?

zeroG is offline  
Old
05-22-2009, 01:07 PM
  #59
Markstrom Rules
Great Finnish
 
Markstrom Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 15,591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan12 View Post
we dont need him by anymeans and i wouldnt actually go out of my way to get him but with u guys wanting to trade him and us needing to get rid of a big contract i figured this might work
I've heard absolutely nothing that we want to trade him, not even rumors. Anything is just people on the trade rumors forum or some hockey pundit speculating that we want to move him. And we don't want anything to do with Campbell, he's one of the most overpaid players in the league. He singlehandedly lost game 2 for you guys. Horton justifies his current salary and has the potential to get much better. As others have said, we'd be looking for people like Bolland, Barker, Byfuglien, etc. Which I don't think the Hawks would do.

I don't see Horton being traded because it would be very difficult to get equal talent back at forward.

Markstrom Rules is offline  
Old
05-22-2009, 03:11 PM
  #60
Panthers/Leafs fan
 
Panthers/Leafs fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Country: Belgium
Posts: 2,428
vCash: 500
Zero wrote:
Quote:
2 objections to your rationale for a potential trade: one thing i'll point out (always do, to the chagrin of several posters here) is that fans often have a hard time gauging when a guy is floating and when he's picking his spots or even if he's working hard on the backcheck (the bottom line is that if he has defensive position on HIS check, he's where he needs to be, even if it looks like he's coasting). many great scorers would appear to be floating at times if you followed them for their entire shift. yada, yada, yada... i know it gets old but it's the truth. in saying this, i don't mean to excuse instances where horton's compete level hasn't been where it should be (and i agree that has been the case at times), mind you.

the other point is that the line can blur when you talk about individual responsibility. i mean, nate has been thrown into some tough situations, with questionable guidance (keenan and olli?) leaned on heavily on mediocre teams and still, when healthy, produced 60+ pts. he also hasn't had a ton of support. remember how productive he was with booth and weiss? remember, these were not his choices.

having said all that, if you can trade him and make the team better, sure, do it. in this market though, don't you think think a guy who can score 30 goals, maybe even 40 with good support is a pretty good value at 4.xM/yr?
Well thought out, as usual. I agree that it's hard to tell if someone is floating. And we can't forget, too, that over an 82 game season everyone--including all of us here, would be going to have nights when our head's just not in it. That's human.

And you're right about him being thrown into some difficult situations. I can't speak to what happened earlier with coaches, but the Horton at center experiment (I can see the rational and thought processes behind it) didn't work out very well, IMO. I certainly don't blame Horton for that. It's very difficult to learn a new position, so I give him props for doing that.

I was pleasantly surprised to see him playing well defensively, toward the latter part of the season, and made mention of that.

But I don't know...

On one hand, you're right, at 4mil, he's a bargain if he scores 30 to 40 goals. I don't know off-hand how many he got this year, say his 20+ goals, but I can't help shake the thought that I wonder how many more he'd score if he'd just put a little urgency in his game.

That said, and here I'm back-pedaling on myself, I've seen members of the Dutch national soccer team play at the most languid pace imaginable--and destroy other teams. You do have to pick your spots, you're right. I can't help but wonder if Horton's picking too many spots.

This is maddening because everyone railed at his taking so long to get his wrist shot off. And it's true, he did that a lot. But is he perhaps going for a high percentage shot?

I don't remember him playing with Booth and Weiss because I'm too new, so I can't speak to that. I suppose that what bothers me the most is seeing so much natural talent not being brought out. Its interesting to compare him to Booth, who, from what I've read from other people's postings, was not projected to be all that good a forward. But he worked hard on his skating, works hard all the time. That's why his name is chanted by the crowd when he touches the puck. I can't say I've heard anything the same happen with Horton. What if Horton worked like Booth? What would we have then?

A massively underpaid guy at four million per year?

Let me throw this thought out to all of you: Of all the Panthers, who do you think the two most tradeable players are? I mea from a two-sided (them and us) approach, meaning you don't want to trade Booth because what you are probably going to get back does not equal what you're giving up.

Horton has all that promise. I wonder if any GMs out there would bite and give up a bit too much.

Then again, as soon as it happens, watch Horton pot 50 in a year! (can't find the smiley-face guy button, so pretend that I inserted it, please)

Panthers/Leafs fan is offline  
Old
05-25-2009, 12:20 PM
  #61
homegrizown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: pembroke pines fl
Country: United States
Posts: 470
vCash: 500
hey edmonton seems to be in need of a goalie. and you know there love for bouwmeester.

how about something like

o'sullivan,gilbert and cogs

for

voukon and the rights to jaybo and if he doesn't sign like a 2nd round pick or conditional 1st in the next two years but it's our choice which year.

prob a crap proposal but just wanted to see what everyone thought

homegrizown is offline  
Old
05-25-2009, 01:10 PM
  #62
homegrizown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: pembroke pines fl
Country: United States
Posts: 470
vCash: 500
our lineup could look something like

cogs-o'sullivan-horton
frolik-weiss-booth
stillman-campbell-olesz
mcclean(buyout)/stewart-kreps-tarnasky

gilbert-ballard
allen-mccabe
eminger-ellerby/garrison

anderson
backup-conklin,nitty cheap million dollar backup

homegrizown is offline  
Old
05-25-2009, 03:31 PM
  #63
billysbreakdown
Registered User
 
billysbreakdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,286
vCash: 235
<hi, new here, sup?>

I'd take that trade any day, but unfortunately there's no way it would become reality.
I think Bouwmeester will go for picks, nothing else.

-FPF

billysbreakdown is offline  
Old
05-25-2009, 03:37 PM
  #64
Markstrom Rules
Great Finnish
 
Markstrom Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 15,591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrizown View Post
hey edmonton seems to be in need of a goalie. and you know there love for bouwmeester.

how about something like

o'sullivan,gilbert and cogs

for

voukon and the rights to jaybo and if he doesn't sign like a 2nd round pick or conditional 1st in the next two years but it's our choice which year.

prob a crap proposal but just wanted to see what everyone thought
I don't think we give up enough. That's sexual assault.

Markstrom Rules is offline  
Old
05-25-2009, 03:51 PM
  #65
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 26,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPanFan View Post
<hi, new here, sup?>

I'd take that trade any day, but unfortunately there's no way it would become reality.
I think Bouwmeester will go for picks, nothing else.

-FPF
Welcome to the madness...

I agree, I don't think Bouw goes for much more than picks. I think certain players can be attained, but we give more than just Bouw and Bouw would have to agree to a deal pretty much beforehand.

__________________
So you're saying there's a chance!
Laus723 is offline  
Old
06-14-2009, 12:54 AM
  #66
Jussha
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,536
vCash: 500
Would your team be open to trading Horton?

Detroit fan here, just wondering if Horton was an untouchable or not on your team?

If he was available, with the departure of Bouwmeester possibly, would you guys do a

Kronwall + 1st 09 for Horton

or a

Hudler + Ericsson/Kindl + 1st 09 + 3rd 09 for Horton

Please don't flame just trying to see what kind of value Horton has to you guys and what you guys would be looking for in a trade for him

Thx!

Jussha is offline  
Old
06-14-2009, 01:12 AM
  #67
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 26,638
vCash: 500
He may be available, hard to tell since we haven't heard anything about him being at all on the market. Right deal, maybe he would be.

We have a fantasy trade thread for these types of things, though.

Laus723 is offline  
Old
06-14-2009, 09:37 AM
  #68
Biggzy*
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 3,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussha View Post
Detroit fan here, just wondering if Horton was an untouchable or not on your team?

If he was available, with the departure of Bouwmeester possibly, would you guys do a

Kronwall + 1st 09 for Horton

or a

Hudler + Ericsson/Kindl + 1st 09 + 3rd 09 for Horton

Please don't flame just trying to see what kind of value Horton has to you guys and what you guys would be looking for in a trade for him

Thx!
I would want something around Helm.

Biggzy* is offline  
Old
06-14-2009, 01:25 PM
  #69
StrangeVision
HFBoards Sponsor
 
StrangeVision's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 13,969
vCash: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzy View Post
I would want something around Helm.
With all due respect to Helm, he's an energy guy, not a scorer. There's no way he would be the main piece coming back in a Horton trade...at least I hope not.

StrangeVision is online now  
Old
06-14-2009, 02:22 PM
  #70
Jussha
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,536
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeVision View Post
With all due respect to Helm, he's an energy guy, not a scorer. There's no way he would be the main piece coming back in a Horton trade...at least I hope not.
Agree, if Helm was the main piece you guys wanted I think it would be high way robbery, the only reason detroit probably don't do that trade though is simply cause of their closeness to the cap

Jussha is offline  
Old
06-16-2009, 12:47 PM
  #71
Vatican Roulette
Detroit Fan
 
Vatican Roulette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: 10 days to Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 7,940
vCash: 500
Detroit fan here, sorry.

I posted this trade on the Detroit board, and wondered what Panthers fans thought of it.

Hudler, 29th.

for

14th.

Thoughts?

Vatican Roulette is offline  
Old
06-16-2009, 12:51 PM
  #72
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 26,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatican Roulette View Post
Detroit fan here, sorry.

I posted this trade on the Detroit board, and wondered what Panthers fans thought of it.

Hudler, 29th.

for

14th.

Thoughts?
I'd be cool with that trade.

(We have a fantasy trade thread for this sort of thing)

Laus723 is offline  
Old
06-16-2009, 12:54 PM
  #73
Vatican Roulette
Detroit Fan
 
Vatican Roulette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: 10 days to Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 7,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
I'd be cool with that trade.

(We have a fantasy trade thread for this sort of thing)
My apologies. Mods feel free to move, and thanks for the heads up Laus.

Vatican Roulette is offline  
Old
06-16-2009, 01:21 PM
  #74
Acadmus
Moderator
 
Acadmus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 15,089
vCash: 500
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
moved

__________________
"...and ultimately it doesn't matter."
Acadmus is offline  
Old
06-16-2009, 01:39 PM
  #75
Vatican Roulette
Detroit Fan
 
Vatican Roulette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: 10 days to Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 7,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
moved
Thanks.

Vatican Roulette is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:24 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.