HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Kaberle for Johnson

Old
06-15-2009, 11:16 PM
Randall Graves*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
...says the biggest homer on hfboards.

I do agree with you that we likely won't get the 5th without giving up the 7th though.
What the leafs would arguably be getting the two best assets in any trade, without giving up Luke Schenn, or the 7th pick

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 11:17 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
can't believe thsi one is still open

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 11:18 PM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Says the guy who thinks Geno Malkin and Sidney Crosby got too much credit for the cup win...
That's my opinion.
This is a fact.

Leaf fans lately have been having this issue where they think they can get alot for a little

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 11:21 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Graves View Post
That's my opinion.
This is a fact.

Leaf fans lately have been having this issue where they think they can get alot for a little
what do you mean with lately............
they try that since years.
There is a reason why people think "i iknew i shouldn't open this one"
after opening a leafs one.......

These guys must be a bunch of nuts, without any clue or respect of other fanbases

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 11:26 PM
phlocky

Quote:
I'm not saying Kaberle's LA's solution to accelerating their rebuild, but the guy is a great talent with a good contract and 2 years ago was a unanimous top 5-10 defenseman as decreed by the folks on hfboards. Last season he was worth Carter and a 1st.

What I take exception to is the idea that Kaberle is junk, that the 2nd pick is nothing, that Stralman is a throw in and Poni is a throw in and Jack Johnson is still some elite young stud defenseman. He hasn't proven anything in the NHL and the Kings look like they're treating him as an expendable. The proposal makes no sense on so many levels, and I don't think it's because all the Leafs players in it are crap.
I don't think that the Leafs players are crap and honeslty, I'veposted it in MANY threads that I probably still view Kaberle as better than most Leafs fans. I have him slated as about the 8th best dman last year (we'll wait to see if there is another small decline in his game next year for if this years decline was truly a result of the team he was on). I think that shows I value Kaberle pretty highly. What I AM saying is that I don't beleie that Kaberle has much value TO THE KINGS. The Kings won't likely be in a position to make a real cup run in the next 2 years so tading either JJ or the 5ht OA pick for an asset that won't be ther in 2 years makes littles sense for the Kings.

Poni would most likely be on the Kings top 2 lines next year but so culd whomever they pick with the 5th pick. Tlusty would NOT be inthe Kings top 6 next year and would be fighting just to remain in the top 9. Maybe in a couple of years he could replace someone like Willimas but by then I'd rather have MPS/Kane than I would Tlusty.

Next year, for the Kings, JJ + Williams + MPS/Kane at least >= Kaberle + Poni + Tlusty
in 2 years, JJ + Williams + MPS/Kane >= Kabs + Poni + Tlusty
in 3 years (and may years after) JJ + MPS/Kane >>>> Poni + Tlusty (note that both Kabs and Williams are gone then)

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 11:35 PM
grabo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
What I AM saying is that I don't beleie that Kaberle has much value TO THE KINGS. The Kings won't likely be in a position to make a real cup run in the next 2 years so tading either JJ or the 5ht OA pick for an asset that won't be ther in 2 years makes littles sense for the Kings.
I think DL plans on contending within two years. If he makes that rumoured Pronger trade, there'll be no doubt about it.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 11:37 PM
grabo84

Quote:
That's my opinion.
This is a fact.

Facts are slippery things. What do you think you'd get for Pronger from the Kings?

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2009, 12:30 AM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
I think DL plans on contending within two years. If he makes that rumoured Pronger trade, there'll be no doubt about it.
I can agree with that. I think he'll want assurances that Pronger will agree to an extension before he trades the 5th overall for him but yeah, if he does it certainly indicates that he believes his team is really close right now. I personally think that a huge part of his teams core and success right now is wrapped up in young players that aren't ready for a serious cup run but that's just my opinion. Dean is the GM and it's all his decission.

Old
06-16-2009, 04:45 AM
maplejays62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
you guys are completely nuts..........

no Kaberle in L.A.... Lombardi said this 4 million times....

And Johnson gets signed here... believe it or not.
Just for the case you want him so badly doesn't mean you get him.

Man... i want the times back when anyone was annoying the Pens for Malkin
Why would anybody want a spoiled person with an attitude who is bad in the dressing room. Don't you think they would resign him if he wasn't like that. Plus he can play. Th Leafs finally have a good dressing room.

maplejays62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2009, 08:52 AM
IBLeaf*

Quote:

These guys must be a bunch of nuts, without any clue or respect of other fanbases
You are the funniest poster on these boards. It's the kind of humour where people don't laugh with you though.

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2009, 12:42 PM
Stephen

Quote:
That's my opinion.
This is a fact.

Take a look around buddy, that's an affliction that all fans suffer from all the time.

Stephen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2009, 12:48 PM
Stephen

Quote:

Ironic that a troll like you would worry about respect of other fanbases. Have you spent any time looking around the trade boards? Almost every trade proposal is ridiculous and every fanbase is guilty of

a) wanting quantity for quality
b) ignoring the other team's needs
c) turning every discussion into a pissing match

So get off your high horse and ****!

Stephen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2009, 12:53 PM
phlocky

Quote:
Take a look around buddy, that's an affliction that all fans suffer from all the time.
<waves hand for Flyers fans>

Though I try to be realistic there are still some Flyers fans who think Briere is going to greturn vale like he's a 1st line, ppg scoring center in his prime. We WILL get fair market value for him or else we will keep him. however, his fair market value will be based upon the fact that he's 32, his contract will run until he's 37, his roduction will be just starting to decline and continue to do so throug the rest of his career, he has a 6.5 mil cap hit in a declining cap era, and he's coming of an injury riddled season and 2 of his last 4 seasons he's missed significant time.

Old
06-16-2009, 12:56 PM
phlocky

Quote:
Ironic that a troll like you would worry about respect of other fanbases. Have you spent any time looking around the trade boards? Almost every trade proposal is ridiculous and every fanbase is guilty of

a) wanting quality for quantity
b) ignoring the other team's needs
c) turning every discussion into a pissing match

So get off your high horse and ****!

I think you meant to have it this way so I switched it for you. I think most people want to trade a bunch of 2nd and 3rd line players (quantity) for a pick in the top 5 or a 1st line all-star talent (quality).