HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

sergi kost

Old
06-16-2009, 01:10 PM
albertabound

vCash: 500
sergi kost

s74 had shoulder surgery at the end of the season If Skost comes camp and doesn't do well can he be sent to the bulldogs without having to go through waivers? I.

albertabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2009, 01:13 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Isn't there a rule that allows a player to go back to the AHL for rehabilitation? Might be dreaming that up.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2009, 01:20 PM
Qui Gon Dave

No waivers for him next year, last year was only his 2nd year pro.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2009, 01:24 PM
albertabound

Qui, would this also apply to Chip his 3 year entry level is up now and have to be re sign by July 1 or traded. Would he have to clear waviers if Habs resigns him and then wants to send him down?

albertabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2009, 01:29 PM
Qui Gon Dave

Chipchura, Stewart and D'Agostini all have to clear waivers next year. We either keep them with the team (either as regulars or spares), take the risk and send them down or trade them. I doubt we would take the risk with Chip or D'Ago as we could surely get something for them in a trade, even if it isn't going to be a big return. I could see Gainey taking a calculated risk in sending Stewart down, but pending what the roster looks like next year, I'd like to see him stick around for a while assuming (he plays his game and continues developing).

Old
06-16-2009, 01:30 PM
Booky

Chipchura has three years pro experience so YES he has to go through waivers

Booky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2009, 01:35 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Isn't there a rule that allows a player to go back to the AHL for rehabilitation? Might be dreaming that up.
The "rules" (if they are any) are pretty hazy on that but I don't think Sergei would qualify as he's had most of the offseason to recover...

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2009, 01:35 PM
Bud2790

I believe (might be way off) that Chip, D'Ags can start the year in Hamilton without clearing waivers, but then they would hav to clear them to come to MTL. I think before a certain date (a couple day before the year starts), you cand them down without the waivers rule applying..

Bud2790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2009, 01:46 PM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud2790 View Post
I believe (might be way off) that Chip, D'Ags can start the year in Hamilton without clearing waivers, but then they would hav to clear them to come to MTL. I think before a certain date (a couple day before the year starts), you cand them down without the waivers rule applying..
Continuing down the 'I might be way off here...' road, wasn't that what happened to Hainsey? He got claimed on re-entry waivers after starting the year in Hamilton. You might be right, maybe we can send some of the kids down, but they might have to stay there or get claimed. No doubt someone will clear up that rule for us soon.

Personally, I don't see what else Chip or D'Ago can learn in Hamilton so I would think we can find some room for them this year. They could develop further, both are cheap (relatively) and could be useful in the future. If we can improve on them within the roster then by all means, we should look into that, but with potential future cap lowering issues, having those two guys around could be useful. Assuming we get the best out of them, etc.

Old
06-16-2009, 02:05 PM
Boulette Cannon

Grabovski #2

Boulette Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2009, 02:16 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
Continuing down the 'I might be way off here...' road, wasn't that what happened to Hainsey? He got claimed on re-entry waivers after starting the year in Hamilton. You might be right, maybe we can send some of the kids down, but they might have to stay there or get claimed. No doubt someone will clear up that rule for us soon.

Personally, I don't see what else Chip or D'Ago can learn in Hamilton so I would think we can find some room for them this year. They could develop further, both are cheap (relatively) and could be useful in the future. If we can improve on them within the roster then by all means, we should look into that, but with potential future cap lowering issues, having those two guys around could be useful. Assuming we get the best out of them, etc.
Yeah, that's why happened to Hainsey...I guess the rule is still in place.

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2009, 03:31 PM
redmachine54

I hope Chips can stay up next season. Lapierre didn't have much experience before last season, and he not only excelled as a fourth line center to start the year, but also as a third line center as the injuries to Koivu and Lang occurred. I'm sure Chips could handle fourth-line duties fine.

Though we'd have an abundance of bottom-six forwards... meh.

redmachine54 is offline   Reply With Quote