HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

What do you think of these prospects?

Old
06-16-2009, 01:50 PM
petrocelli
I love the Draft!!

vCash: 500
What do you think of these prospects?

I'm an Islander fan and guys I love for consideration at #26, 31 and 37 are:
Chris Kreider
Louis Leblanc
Carl Klingsberg
Ryan O'Reilly
Dylan Olsen

Guys I love, but we prob have no shot at:
Jordan Schroeder
Dmitri Kulikov
Oliver Ekman-Larsson

But all these guys above are obvious to anybody reading/studying blogs/draft guides for months... I want comments/feedback on the following guys who will go after our last high second round pick at #37... Who do you like most?

Charles-Olivier Roussel
Eric Gelinas
Alex Chiasson
Ryan Bourque
Brian Dumoulin
Seth Helgeson

petrocelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2009, 02:28 PM
Ohio Jones
Game on...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrocelli View Post
I'm an Islander fan and guys I love for consideration at #26, 31 and 37 are:
Chris Kreider
Louis Leblanc
Carl Klingsberg
Ryan O'Reilly
Dylan Olsen

Guys I love, but we prob have no shot at:
Jordan Schroeder
Dmitri Kulikov
Oliver Ekman-Larsson

But all these guys above are obvious to anybody reading/studying blogs/draft guides for months... I want comments/feedback on the following guys who will go after our last high second round pick at #37... Who do you like most?

Charles-Olivier Roussel
Eric Gelinas
Alex Chiasson
Ryan Bourque
Brian Dumoulin
Seth Helgeson
I like the names on your list, but I expect Kreider, Leblanc and Olsen all to be gone before your pick at #26.

As far as the second-rounders go, Roussel, Gelinas and Dumoulin are all big-bodied two-way blueliners, any one of whom could break into the first round.

Roussel is probably the most polished at this point, and will probably the first of these three to be drafted on the strength of his offensive upside, but he needs more work on his defensive positioning and decission-making.

Gelinas has the bones and genes to be a complete monster (like, 6-6/230 monster) when he's done growing, but he skates very well and really stepped it up for a terrible Lewiston team. He has to be considered a long-term project just because of the time it will take for him to adjust as he continues to grow.

Dumoulin has the farthest to come in terms of competition, but he's an excellent skater, has a great shot and can play a gritty game when required. He's the most likely to slip just based on playing hig-school hockey, but I won't be surprised if a coupel of teams look past that and take him early on potential.

Chiasson is a terrific power forward prospect with good hustle, great size/strength, intensity and remarkably good hands. He needs to work on his burst and top-end speed, but it's thought that will come as he matures and works on it further. I consider him a very solid second-round pick as a potential second-line scoring power forward.

Bourque... I've heard inconsistent reports about his attitude, and wouldn't touch him myself until the third round, but in terms of two-way skills he's a legit second-rounder. It will be interesting to see how he adjusts to play in the Q next season.

Helgeson is a big bruising defender, but he's not in that first group because of his skating limitations. I don't touch him until the 3rd/4th, personally, although odds are someone else will think differently and draft him late in the second.

BTW, the best pick you could make early in the second round (if he lasts that long) might be Slovak scoring winger Tomas Tatar, who combines strong skating and two-way skills with a great work ethic and attitude.

Good luck to you and your Isles, who frankly need some good news out of this draft.

Ohio Jones is offline   Reply With Quote