How highly would you rate the Sedin - Sedin - Burrows line? Here's some stats for you:
1) They were each on PPG pace after being put on the same line.
2) They had 215 combined points, 81 goals and 134 assists.
3) They are going to be worth 12 - 14m next season.
4) They are each around +23 (+22, +24, +23).
5) They played full 82 games, all three.
6) They averaged about 19:30 of ice time.
7) They combined for 18 GW goals — quite high league-wise, actually.
8) The whole line had only 13 PP goals, most of their point production is even strength.
9) Henrik Sedin is about 50% in the face-off circle.
Keeping all this in mind, please vote above as to what you think of them. And, please, please, consider the full line, not just one name on it — e.g. the Kopitar line (170-ish points) is not better than the Sedin line.
Please don't take play-offs into account, because then we can't consider the full 30 teams all the lines.
I'd say 15-25th in the league. Or right around 20.
And I disagree with your "can't name one player" on another line - what if that player is vastly superior?
It's like saying which defense is better - oh but you can't name one player on that defense (like Chara for example). If that one player makes the defense or line better, it's a better defense or line.
This is why a Crosby line or Malkin line is better, and only the most deluded of Canucks homers would actually think that Sedin - Sedin - Burrows is better than any line Malkin is on in Pittsburgh.
Last edited by Diamonddog01: 06-16-2009 at 01:05 PM.