HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Fantasy Trade Offers Thread 2

View Poll Results: Would You?
HELL YEAH! 2 4.55%
I would hink about it then say yes 1 2.27%
Would think about it then say no 5 11.36%
Where are they making this bs from? 36 81.82%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
06-16-2009, 01:45 PM
Pantherfan12

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers/Leafs fan View Post
Zero wrote:

Well thought out, as usual. I agree that it's hard to tell if someone is floating. And we can't forget, too, that over an 82 game season everyone--including all of us here, would be going to have nights when our head's just not in it. That's human.

And you're right about him being thrown into some difficult situations. I can't speak to what happened earlier with coaches, but the Horton at center experiment (I can see the rational and thought processes behind it) didn't work out very well, IMO. I certainly don't blame Horton for that. It's very difficult to learn a new position, so I give him props for doing that.

I was pleasantly surprised to see him playing well defensively, toward the latter part of the season, and made mention of that.

But I don't know...

On one hand, you're right, at 4mil, he's a bargain if he scores 30 to 40 goals. I don't know off-hand how many he got this year, say his 20+ goals, but I can't help shake the thought that I wonder how many more he'd score if he'd just put a little urgency in his game.

That said, and here I'm back-pedaling on myself, I've seen members of the Dutch national soccer team play at the most languid pace imaginable--and destroy other teams. You do have to pick your spots, you're right. I can't help but wonder if Horton's picking too many spots.

This is maddening because everyone railed at his taking so long to get his wrist shot off. And it's true, he did that a lot. But is he perhaps going for a high percentage shot?

I don't remember him playing with Booth and Weiss because I'm too new, so I can't speak to that. I suppose that what bothers me the most is seeing so much natural talent not being brought out. Its interesting to compare him to Booth, who, from what I've read from other people's postings, was not projected to be all that good a forward. But he worked hard on his skating, works hard all the time. That's why his name is chanted by the crowd when he touches the puck. I can't say I've heard anything the same happen with Horton. What if Horton worked like Booth? What would we have then?

A massively underpaid guy at four million per year?

Let me throw this thought out to all of you: Of all the Panthers, who do you think the two most tradeable players are? I mea from a two-sided (them and us) approach, meaning you don't want to trade Booth because what you are probably going to get back does not equal what you're giving up.

Horton has all that promise. I wonder if any GMs out there would bite and give up a bit too much.

Then again, as soon as it happens, watch Horton pot 50 in a year! (can't find the smiley-face guy button, so pretend that I inserted it, please)

Everybody who's been talking about Horton is right, there are upsides as well as downsides to his game. I would love to see him traded for some possible players who have the heart and determination of Booth, but at the same time if we were able to bring in a bonfied #1 center to play along with Horton, he may just have his breakout,FINALLY! I sometimes compare it to Eric Stall, in that Carolina wasn't playing great hockey until Eric Cole came back at the trade deadline and all of a sudden Stall woke up. Maybe what we need is a great center, Cammalleri or Marleau or someone of that caliber that can give Horton the boost he needs to be more competitive.

As far as our two most tradable players, well of coarse there is Bouwmeester, which is on everybody's list. If he were to agree to sign a new contact, I think we could get something of value for him. Horton being the second player. Has a decent size contract, 50+point player every year with a potential for more. I would also throw in Olesz, and although he has a very high contract and hasn't lived up to it, I do believe that once he plays a full season under Deboer, he will break out just like many other player have and his value will go up. One other player is Vokoun. Although I don't like the idea of losing a top 10 goaltender, there are plenty of teams in the need of such a goalie and might have some key assets they could trade away in order to get Vokoun. let's not forget during an interview with Vokoun,when asked what he thought of being traded, he said he doesn't want to play where he isn't wanted so his no trade clause might not play a very big obstacle. Not to mention we do have Salak and Markstrom in the system who will more than likely be taking over for Vokoun in the end.

I honestly believe we have a lot of young talent,hidden talent that is on our team, and all they are missing is a few more specific peices to the puzzle before those players finally show their true colors.

Old
06-16-2009, 06:59 PM
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatican Roulette View Post
Detroit fan here, sorry.

I posted this trade on the Detroit board, and wondered what Panthers fans thought of it.

Hudler, 29th.

for

14th.

Thoughts?
Pass.

Old
06-16-2009, 07:19 PM
Biggzy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Pass.
Same here.

Hudler doesn't do much for me and I definitely wouldn't want to drop from #14. We have a chance to get someone with alot of potential.

Old
06-16-2009, 07:35 PM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzy View Post
Same here.

Hudler doesn't do much for me and I definitely wouldn't want to drop from #14. We have a chance to get someone with alot of potential.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Pass.

OK, just curious. I figured the Cats could use a top 6 forward, and Detroit could use the boost in draft position.

Old
06-16-2009, 11:19 PM
seanlinden

Horton's Asking Price

Simple question -- Team X comes along saying they want Horton. What kind of assets makes the Panthers a better team?

It seems to be a confusing question because the Panthers needs up front aren't overly clear.

Old
06-16-2009, 11:25 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatican Roulette View Post
Detroit fan here, sorry.

I posted this trade on the Detroit board, and wondered what Panthers fans thought of it.

Hudler, 29th.

for

14th.

Thoughts?
You'd have to add your 2nd for our 4th or 5th

Old
06-16-2009, 11:50 PM
ShootIt

Center that has the talent to play on the 1st line.

Old
06-16-2009, 11:59 PM
CanadianPantherFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post
Center that has the talent to play on the 1st line.
What he said.

Old
06-17-2009, 12:25 AM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Corey Perry

Old
06-17-2009, 12:37 AM
RunAmucK

nahtan notroh he needs to be more physical. like you hear every trade deadline crosbys crying for wingers. can we just get some depth at center so horton doesnt have to fill a void he ll be fine, with his year last year is value is not even that great to trade so we wouldnt get what we expect for him better off keeping him.

Old
06-17-2009, 12:48 AM
jal2155

I'd consider a first rounder and a prospect, and then use the free funds to go after some quality free agents in the summer.

Old
06-17-2009, 02:39 AM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballard4Prez View Post
You'd have to add your 2nd for our 4th or 5th
If that's the case, Detroit would also pass IMO.

Old
06-18-2009, 11:12 PM
Zillaege

What would you guys think of something based around Horton + Bouw for Heatley? If you get clever about how you actually work out the trade, the sens can pay Heatley's $4 million bonus on July 1st, and you'll get Heatley at $6.2m for 5 years, which I imagine would be very valuable given your budget. I think Florida might need to add some more since Bouw's value is limited at this point, but what do you guys think?

Old
06-19-2009, 04:42 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillaege View Post
What would you guys think of something based around Horton + Bouw for Heatley? If you get clever about how you actually work out the trade, the sens can pay Heatley's $4 million bonus on July 1st, and you'll get Heatley at $6.2m for 5 years, which I imagine would be very valuable given your budget. I think Florida might need to add some more since Bouw's value is limited at this point, but what do you guys think?
I would do it since we're losing Bouw anyway and I would 100% trade Horton and first(which is what I'm hoping we get for Bouw's rights) for heatley. Def do it. In a second.

Old
06-19-2009, 04:57 PM
FlaPanthers7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
I would do it since we're losing Bouw anyway and I would 100% trade Horton and first(which is what I'm hoping we get for Bouw's rights) for heatley. Def do it. In a second.
I would do that in .0000000000000000000000000001 seconds!

Old
06-20-2009, 12:50 AM
Heimy

a couple ideas

To NYR: David Booth

To Fla: Marc Staal

To Avs: Vokoun and 14th overall

To Fla: 3rd overall

To Phi: Bo's rights and McLean

To Fla: Briere and JVR

be nice

Old
06-20-2009, 07:09 AM
Biggzy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimy View Post

be nice
I only like the Philly trade, but theres no way the Flyers make that deal.

Old
06-20-2009, 08:08 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimy View Post

be nice
None of those would ever happen.

Deal One:
Panthers will NEVER trade David Booth. He's the face of the franchise and the absolute fan favorite.

Deal Two:
Colorado is rebuilding, they're not going to be foolish and take a player who is old, they're going young.

Deal Three:
Probably the worst of the three. Why would Philly EVER take McLean? They have enough back contracts.

Old
06-20-2009, 09:33 AM
Heimy

In the first deal the Rangers need offense badly. Understand that their fans covet Staal every bit as much as ours do Booth. Tell me, if (hypothetically) Booth is looking for a $50 million/10 yr deal do you think he's still "the face of the franchise" or would he be a bit more tradeable then? I'll never say NEVER except to say that Booth's value may never be higher.

If the the Avs were rebuilding they would have traded away Lapeirriere, Salei, Smyth, Foote, Hejduk etc. at the deadline. They do need a few pieces, especially solid goaltending, but they're not as far away from contending as their draft position might suggest.

The reason Philly might take McLean is twofold. One, they'd be losing Briere's contract who, while a very talented 1st line center, has the 4th worst contract in the NHL and some injury concerns. And two, they get the necessary capspace along with an exclusive opportunity to sign Bo. Admittedly it's a huge gamble for both parties.

Old
06-23-2009, 04:36 PM
cody275
HFBoards Sponsor

Bouwmeester

I wanted to see what Florida fans thought about this trade proposal, assumming they can't/don't want to sign Bouwmeester and Anderson

To Colorado: Rights to Bouwmeester and Anderson, 2010 1st (if Bouwmeester doesn't resign), 2010 4th (Anderson doesn't resign)

To Florida: Clark, Svatos, Conditional 2010 1st (if Bouwmeester signs), Conditional 2010 3rd (if Anderson resigns)

Now this is under the assumption Florida is looking for a conditional 1st for his rights. Anderson could be a good backup/starter for Colorado, especially if they lose out on "The Monster".

Clark gives you a servicable defenseman, that if he doesn't preform to your liking you could choose not to resign or trade for picks at the deadline or draft next season.

Svatos would give you scoring winger who I feel could get 30+ goals if he is healthy.

It gives you some early round picks next year if Bouwmeester and Anderson signed.

You could also take Tucker for like a 5th this year or next to re-unite him with McCabe

Do you think that proposal is close? Does something need to be added?

Old
06-23-2009, 06:23 PM
Laus723
Future Now

We fantasy proposal thread for this type of thing.

06-23-2009, 07:28 PM
Pukboy5kroner

If Bouwmeester doesn't sign in Colorado (which is the most likely event), it works out to a 1st and Anderson for Svatos, Clark, and a 3rd. I'm not too keen on Svatos or Clark, so I'd say it's a no.

Old
06-23-2009, 08:06 PM
cody275
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pukboy5kroner View Post
If Bouwmeester doesn't sign in Colorado (which is the most likely event), it works out to a 1st and Anderson for Svatos, Clark, and a 3rd. I'm not too keen on Svatos or Clark, so I'd say it's a no.
What if the conditional first (on Bouwmeester not resigning in Colorado) was switched to a 2nd instead?

Old
06-28-2009, 11:17 AM
Georgia Panther

If I Was GM...

Rumors this morning that Philly is sniffing around for a trade to get Nabokov. There are also rumors Philly is shopping Gagne. Of course, to get Nabokov Philly would have to exchange a lot of salary in trade for him to fit. So I'm thinking, instead of trying to sign Leopold, instead we offer Vokoun and McLean in exchange for Gagne and Carle.
Philly adds $1.287 mil in Cap Room and gains a true first string goalie who has made the All-Star team. McLean won't be much use to them but he comes off the books at the end of this season. Florida gains a signed 30+ goal winger to go with a signed blueline replacement for Bouw who makes about $500,000 more than it will likely cost to sign Leopold plus losses the final year of the deadweight of McLean's contract. Thoughts?

Old
06-28-2009, 12:02 PM
NYR89

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I didn't want to make another thread...

What kind of player does Michael Frolik project to be? Does he get 1st/2nd line minutes and/or any PP time with the Panthers?

Closed Thread