HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)

T. Ruutu vs Clowe

View Poll Results: T. Ruutu vs Clowe
T. Ruutu 6 46.15%
Clowe 7 53.85%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-17-2009, 03:17 AM
  #1
ThorntonFan19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,803
vCash: 500
T. Ruutu vs Clowe

Ruutu is faster, Clowe has better hands and fights. Who would you rather have?

ThorntonFan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 03:52 AM
  #2
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Right Behind Me!
Posts: 10,444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorntonFan19 View Post
Ruutu is faster, Clowe has better hands and fights. Who would you rather have?
Ruutu can fight too but prefers to agitate a little. Ruutu is also developing hands. I know Clowe has scored more points, but has had a lot more top end offensive talent around him, and as a result, he's gotten a lot of points by, sort of, sneaking up on the opposition. I'm going to say I'd rather have Ruutu since he has higher two-way potential, perhaps, and Clowe will want way more $$$.

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 06:54 AM
  #3
ThorntonFan19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaWrista View Post
Ruutu can fight too but prefers to agitate a little. Ruutu is also developing hands. I know Clowe has scored more points, but has had a lot more top end offensive talent around him, and as a result, he's gotten a lot of points by, sort of, sneaking up on the opposition. I'm going to say I'd rather have Ruutu since he has higher two-way potential, perhaps, and Clowe will want way more $$$.
Fair enough but Clowe having more talent around him hasnt really affected his numbers imo. He rarely ever was on the ice with thornton and Marleau and was usually with Michalek and Pavelski. Not that they are bad its just that they arent top end talent yet. If you are talking about the defense of opposing teams not covering him as well as thornton than that makes sense. I would like to know what lines he played on and if he played the pp if you could provide that info. I doubt Clowe will get over 3.5 though and i see Clowe and Ruutus salaries for next season quite even. Clowe has a better shot, much better stickhandling ability, better vision and better board work. Ruutu is a much better skater, slightly better hitter (because of his speed) and has more potential imo. other than that i think they are pretty much the same player.

ThorntonFan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 07:08 AM
  #4
impeach estaalo
RIPronrefo nevar4get
 
impeach estaalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 10,571
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorntonFan19 View Post
Fair enough but Clowe having more talent around him hasnt really affected his numbers imo. He rarely ever was on the ice with thornton and Marleau and was usually with Michalek and Pavelski. Not that they are bad its just that they arent top end talent yet. If you are talking about the defense of opposing teams not covering him as well as thornton than that makes sense. I would like to know what lines he played on and if he played the pp if you could provide that info. I doubt Clowe will get over 3.5 though and i see Clowe and Ruutus salaries for next season quite even. Clowe has a better shot, much better stickhandling ability, better vision and better board work. Ruutu is a much better skater, slightly better hitter (because of his speed) and has more potential imo. other than that i think they are pretty much the same player.
I assume you're asking who Ruutu's linemates were? Ruutu played mostly with Staal and Samsonov, then Staal and Cole at the end of the season. And yes he played on the PP.

You can actually look at every player's even strength linemates by going here:

Ruutu: http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/2008...player0331.php
Clowe: http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/2008...player0234.php

I agree that Ruutu/Clowe will probably get the same salary. Their stats were very similar this season and they are basically the same age (Clowe a few months older).

impeach estaalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.