HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Montreal fans are abused puppies

Old
06-17-2009, 09:28 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

vCash: 500
Montreal fans are abused puppies

Come on guys. We go through this every year and we keep coming back for more. Just like an abused puppy that keeps getting beat up but keeps coming back with his tail wagging, hoping to get some affection.

Every single year, there's some big rumour that NEVER pans out. Hossa, Sundin, now Vinny.

Why do we keep coming back for more?

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 09:32 AM
Markovskaya

They do it to us because they LOVE us. It's not thier fault, we are the ones to blame. I tell you, they LOVE us. We deserved what we get, we've been bad fans...I'm sure they love us...

Markovskaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 09:33 AM
bhuya71

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Come on guys. We go through this every year and we keep coming back for more. Just like an abused puppy that keeps getting beat up but keeps coming back with his tail wagging, hoping to get some affection.

Every single year, there's some big rumour that NEVER pans out. Hossa, Sundin, now Vinny.

actually waffledave we are more like sheep....the media are the sheppard

they herd we follow...funny the same media we bash the hell out of are the exact same media (given some exceptions) are the ones that bait the fanbase with wild rumours only to give us blue balls hahah when it doesn't come true! of course posters and there speculation don't help

anyway cash strapped phi is trading us briere and JVR for halak which we will then trade both JVR and briere and our 1st with subban for malkin and this all works out i SWEAR!

bhuya71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 09:35 AM
Markovskaya

One day something good will happen.

One day.

Markovskaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 09:39 AM
Newhabfan

Who is the abuser ? Cause it's not the Habs organisation - they always said teh truth.

Is it the media ? Maybe - they sure go overboard on many cases. However they do it to answer a need.

Maybe it's us - we abuse ourselves. I check every morning and evening this boards and the other sport sites hoping for "big newzz".

However - who is to say that the abused puppy is not happier then, say, a mighty cat that's self sufficient and never asks for any sort of affection that cannot be eaten.

Even if your love is not answered it will still make you happy and give some meaning to your life.

Bottom line - would be really boring otherwise

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 09:43 AM
Puckhead58*

It's fun to hope a dream I guess!!! Even though we are disappointed year after year...lol.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 09:47 AM
LeMAD

I really have no hope this year. We won't make the playoffs next season.

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 09:50 AM
Bullsmith

Coming back for more abuse season after season hardly makes us unique as sports fans.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 09:53 AM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Quote:

If only, I'd love to see certain posters get their faces rubbed in it when they mess on the floor.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 10:00 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

I'm setting my expectations low:

We re-sign Koivu and Kovalev.

Tanguay, Komisarek both walk.

Plekanec gets a $4 million contract.

Halak is traded for a crappy draft pick.

The only UFAs we sign are Beauchemin ($5 million) and Ian Laperriere ($2.4 million).

Chipchura is let go for nothing, for no reason.

Habs struggle all year to stay in the top 10. At the trade deadline there are crazy rumours, everyone goes nuts, and nothing happens.

In March, Koivu scores 10 goals, 12 assists and Kovalev scores 13 goals, 7 assists and the Habs finish 8th in the east. Then we get bounced in the 1st or 2nd round. Habs draft 19th overall next year. Rumours start up again. Repeat cycle.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 10:05 AM
bhuya71

Quote:

The only UFAs we sign are Beauchemin ($5 million) and Ian Laperriere ($2.4 million).

Habs struggle all year to stay in the top 10. At the trade deadline there are crazy rumours, everyone goes nuts, and nothing happens.

In March, Koivu scores 10 goals, 12 assists and Kovalev scores 13 goals, 7 assists and the Habs finish 8th in the east. Then we get bounced in the 1st or 2nd round. Habs draft 19th overall next year. Rumours start up again. Repeat cycle.
wow....i never thought i would say this but given your expectations dave you make it sound like tanking would be better,WELLl it would be in this case because this vicious cycle is ENDLESS I SAY ENDLESSSSSSS

bhuya71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 10:11 AM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:

Have some shame man, if you can't talk about this without reffering to abused puppies, then don't talk about it. They're defenseless creatures and this was an unnecessary comparison. How are Habs fan in any situation like abused puppies?

Quote:

I don't know what to make of this, are you giving up before we even start the season? What are you trying to say, that it's bad finishing 8th? Would you rather suck for 5 years straight and get top picks? Since when we do we sign UFA's to outrageous contracts à la Sather?

Just come clean, or get a grip.

Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 10:12 AM
Miller Time

Quote:

funny thing is you could be absolutely right, and next summer there would still be a bunch of posters lashing out at anyone daring to imply that those kinds of moves and the subsequent mediocre results reflect poorly on the GM...

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 10:14 AM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Next season will be fun, either due to unexpected success or over-the-top antics from fed up fans.

One way or another, I imagine that next year the fans will be the major story surrounding this team.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 10:15 AM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
funny thing is you could be absolutely right, and next summer there would still be a bunch of posters lashing out at anyone daring to imply that those kinds of moves and the subsequent mediocre results reflect poorly on the GM...
well what can you expect from a fan base that lashes out at their GM because he doesn't have enough players born in a certain area.

Old
06-17-2009, 10:20 AM
LeMAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
well what can you expect from a fan base that lashes out at their GM because he doesn't have enough players born in a certain area.
If the GM was doing a good job no one would complaint about the lack of Quebecers on the team. But the team sucks and the future looks bleak.

Old
06-17-2009, 10:20 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markovskaya View Post
One day something good will happen.

One day.
You sir are an optimist.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 10:24 AM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
If the GM was doing a good job no one would complaint about the lack of Quebecers on the team. But the team sucks and the future looks bleak.
Yea right. Hab fans and not complaining just don't go together.

The team sucks? What the 5 players currently under contract? you right they would get killed in an 82 game season and they would be very tired.

Old
06-17-2009, 10:32 AM
LeMAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Yea right. Hab fans and not complaining just don't go together.

The team sucks? What the 5 players currently under contract? you right they would get killed in an 82 game season and they would be very tired.
You sincerely think that Gainey will build a Stanley Cup contender for next season with UFAs? And who will be our core player in 3-4-5 years? Plekanec? Lapierre?

Our best option for next year is the re-sign all our current players, and I don't think that's even possible.

Old
06-17-2009, 10:32 AM
Kafka

Quote:

We are talking about a player in a different category than Sundin, and even Hossa.

The main problem with LeCavalier is that his no trade clause is effective on July 1st. I am sure Montreal chances to land him would be better after July 1st. Still, I am pretty sure we can give a better offer than LA without destroying the future of this concession.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 10:35 AM
LeMAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka View Post
We are talking about a player in a different category than Sundin, and even Hossa.

The main problem with LeCavalier is that his no trade clause is effective on July 1st. I am sure Montreal chances to land him would be better after July 1st. Still, I am pretty sure we can give a better offer than LA without destroying the future of this concession.
Hossa is a better player than Lecavalier imo.

Old
06-17-2009, 10:37 AM
Kafka

Quote:

You forgot the addition of Mark Recchi and Gary Roberts to make sure that team tanks next season.

Old
06-17-2009, 10:40 AM
Pat

Quote:
to each his own...I'd take Vinny over Hossa anyday of the week.
don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Hossa isn't any good. I'd love Hossa on the Habs.

but Vinny brings more of what the Habs need to the table.
the big sized, gritty centerman.

Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 10:41 AM
dfk711*
The real #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markovskaya View Post
They do it to us because they LOVE us. It's not thier fault, we are the ones to blame. I tell you, they LOVE us. We deserved what we get, we've been bad fans...I'm sure they love us...

dfk711* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 10:44 AM
Kafka

Quote:
A good player to me is a guy that makes his linemates more productive.