HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

All your play-making center (not named SG, DB, VLC) are belong to Los Angeles Kings

Old
06-17-2009, 03:03 PM
BuffSabres91

vCash: 500
Derek Roy?

BuffSabres91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 03:04 PM
Langway
Intangibles

Nylander and a 2nd for Boyle.

Langway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 03:06 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingjordan View Post
I want the Kings to go after Staal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is probably the Kings most realistic option and while the guy probably has plenty of untapped potential, I'm not sure he is worth what the Kings probably would have to give up. If it was Jack Johnson and something else that is not the 5th overall or on his the list on the OP, I'd be cool with it. Unlikely though. You then are stuck with 4 centers making like ~$18m right?

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 03:06 PM
Clown Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in LA View Post
Take Frolov off the list. You get a center to play with him.

No thanks to Briere. Contract is a killer.
The Kings have 43 million dollars committed next year with Kopitar, and Brown locked up long term, and other more burdensome contracts expiring at a time when Doughty will be due for a raise. If you're not going to use some of that cap-space to your advantage, say, by investing in a play-making forward capable of scoring at well above a PPG pace, count on more of the same - top-5 picks, and no playoffs. If management's worried about carrying a heavy payroll, consider that a playoff appearance will go a long ways towards developing not only immediate revenue from ticket sales, but excitement towards the next season as well.

Clown Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 03:16 PM
vecens24

Frolov and a 2nd rounder for Staal plus a conditional pick if he didn't resign next year with them is what the Pens would want I think. Conditonal would be something like a 2nd rounder top 45 protected I think. Just can't give up a 20 year old player who the Pens aren't looking to trade without getting a bit of an overpayment. That might be too much for the Kings taste but I think that thats what it would take.

vecens24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 03:20 PM
Richter35

Quote:
Originally Posted by vecens24 View Post
Frolov and a 2nd rounder for Staal plus a conditional pick if he didn't resign next year with them is what the Pens would want I think. Conditonal would be something like a 2nd rounder top 45 protected I think. Just can't give up a 20 year old player who the Pens aren't looking to trade without getting a bit of an overpayment. That might be too much for the Kings taste but I think that thats what it would take.
I like that just because i want to see what staal is capable of when given top 2 line ES minutes. I think he could get ~70 pts his first year out there.

Richter35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 03:24 PM
VictoryRose

I still have concern about Staal on the top 2 lines. I think I've been hasty in the past talking about his lack of playmaking and how he's a "cy young" type of player. I dunno. I know he's only 20, but I just want to see more out of him in puck distribution. Every other facet of his game is nearly identical to what I'd like to see in a #2 center. Guess you can't have it all, but puck distribution is vital. Plus, I still question his level of fire and determination in games that don't matter...because ALL games matter. Even Pens fans would have to agree that he seems disengaged at times during the regular season.

Zajac...I like that. I also like Derek Roy.

Does NJD have any incentive whatsoever (or pressing need) that would make possible the movement of Zajac?

VictoryRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 03:28 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
I love Frolov, but if the Kings added a top six LW in a trade (using one of our young defensemen as bait) or via the UFA market, I am tempted to do this.

I think Staal can put up 70 points from the #2 center spot.

KINGS17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 03:32 PM
vecens24

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryRose View Post
I still have concern about Staal on the top 2 lines. I think I've been hasty in the past talking about his lack of playmaking and how he's a "cy young" type of player. I dunno. I know he's only 20, but I just want to see more out of him in puck distribution. Every other facet of his game is nearly identical to what I'd like to see in a #2 center. Guess you can't have it all, but puck distribution is vital. Plus, I still question his level of fire and determination in games that don't matter...because ALL games matter. Even Pens fans would have to agree that he seems disengaged at times during the regular season.

Zajac...I like that. I also like Derek Roy.

Does NJD have any incentive whatsoever (or pressing need) that would make possible the movement of Zajac?
I would kinda disagree. Sometimes he doesn't look all that interested in playing offense but his defensive game was always up to par. That is one thing that Pens fans have to thank Therrien for: he created maybe the best defensive center in the NHL. Whether or not he will ever be able to translate his offensive skills is debatable but it would still take a lot from a team to get him from the Pens.

Old
06-17-2009, 03:38 PM
Rschmitz

How about Vinny Prospal? 3.5 million cap hit, he'll get you about 65 points and 25 goals

Rschmitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 03:39 PM
twenty2

Quote:
I would kinda disagree. Sometimes he doesn't look all that interested in playing offense but his defensive game was always up to par. That is one thing that Pens fans have to thank Therrien for: he created maybe the best defensive center in the NHL. Whether or not he will ever be able to translate his offensive skills is debatable but it would still take a lot from a team to get him from the Pens.
There's a couple guys up for the Selke that might have something to say about that.

As always Staal is awesome defensively and he brings quite a few things that teams want. Is he likely ever going to be that number 1 playmaking center? It's very possible, but not likely.

Staal is what he is, let's just not overrate his defensive capabilities since he lacks in offensive production.

twenty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 03:40 PM
RW8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laoghaire View Post
Who are these people, SG? DB? VLC?
I'm guessing Gomez, Briere, Lecavalier

RW8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 03:41 PM
Andrew B

Quote:
Horcoff, with 53pts in 80 games on that deal doesn't work, at all.
Some people just don't get sarcasm.

I thought Economical was the clincher to point out the comment was made as a satire.

Andrew B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 03:42 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Looking at the Pittsburgh roster are you sure you wouldn't be interested in a young defenseman or two.

I don't know what your prospect pool looks like.

KINGS17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 03:47 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Roy and #13 for Stoll, #5

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 03:50 PM
vecens24

Quote:
Originally Posted by twenty2 View Post
There's a couple guys up for the Selke that might have something to say about that.

As always Staal is awesome defensively and he brings quite a few things that teams want. Is he likely ever going to be that number 1 playmaking center? It's very possible, but not likely.

Staal is what he is, let's just not overrate his defensive capabilities since he lacks in offensive production.
In my opinion, the only one I would definitively take over him defensively is Datsyuk. I think he Richards and Kesler are all pretty equal and there is no reason why he couldnt be the best eventually. Again he is only 20.

As far as being a playmaking center, I don't think that'll be him. He'll be more in the mold of an Eric Staal or a Mats Sundin, more like a goal-scoring center. Again whether or not he gets to being that good offensively is up for debate but I think its defintiely within the realm of possibility and his skill set and the way he has improved every year. And to get him in a trade you're going to have to pay for the potential, not necessarily for what he is now.

Old
06-17-2009, 03:52 PM
AngryBeavers
Suh Nation

Patrice Bergeron was the first person who came to mind for me. Put up 42 assists his sophmore year; 48 the year after. The guy is very solid is his own end. He wins Faceoffs. He can play the point on the PP. He can play the wing in a pinch..

Brown with Kopitar and then Bergeron with Frolov would make 2 very very solid lines

AngryBeavers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 03:54 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regin 43 View Post
I think the Flyers would give you Daniel Briere.
Do you know how to read, my son ?

Quote:
Make your own ****ing thread.
This made me lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Since when did Giroux become Evgeni Malkin?
I wouldn't even give all that for Malkin.

Frolov would be awesome, but all Montréal has are two -way centers. Koivu is a playmaker, but he's UFA!

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 03:54 PM
kmillzy5

Pit: Oscar Moller, Purcell, Voynov, 5th overall

LA: Jordan Staal, Keven Veilleux, 30th overall

kmillzy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 03:55 PM
Jake5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryBeavers View Post
Patrice Bergeron was the first person who came to mind for me. Put up 42 assists his sophmore year; 48 the year after. The guy is very solid is his own end. He wins Faceoffs. He can play the point on the PP. He can play the wing in a pinch..

Brown with Kopitar and then Bergeron with Frolov would make 2 very very solid lines

yeah Bergeron came to mind when I read the topic title. and i'm guessing the Bruins would like cap-space to try to resign Kessel, so a deal could very possibly be worked out.

Jake5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bananaz

Quote:
that's exactly who i was thinking of as well.

jj straight up bergeron

bananaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Heaters not lazt*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Bergeron

Several probably aren't available, but that's a list I would start with.
Yep.

Heaters not lazt* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 03:57 PM
Heaters not lazt*

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake5 View Post
yeah Bergeron came to mind when I read the topic title. and i'm guessing the Bruins would like cap-space to try to resign Kessel, so a deal could very possibly be worked out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous_j View Post
that's exactly who i was thinking of as well.

jj straight up bergeron
One problem... Bergy isn't going to be moved. The Bruins have no incentive at all to do so, especially if all they can get is JJ.

Heaters not lazt* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 03:58 PM
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
How interested would LA be in Derek Stepan? He's not at an NHL level yet, but is shaping up extremely well. Could debut on a team weak at center midway through this year, or next.

t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 03:58 PM
HarriSateri

Take Derek Roy.

HarriSateri is offline   Reply With Quote