HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

My Tenure As Vancouver Canucks General Manager

Closed Thread

Old
09-07-2004, 06:48 PM
Fedz

vCash: 500
My Tenure As Vancouver Canucks General Manager

HFBoards Vancouver Canucks Eastside Hockey Manager Story

There is nothing better than becoming the General Manager of the Vancouver Canucks, it's the thrill of a lifetime, so I am
going to do it, and tell all you people about it.

There is a game called Eastside Hockey Manager, which I'm quite sure many of you are aware of. Where you become the
General Manager and basically coach of the chosen team. You control ticket sales, finances, training, lines, player status,
trades, free agents, farm teams, and many of your prospects.

I decided that I'd do a lockout safe version of this game just for a little fun in my life, and maybe a little bit of
reading pleasure in yours.

The following options are rated out of 200, 200 being the highest amount, 0 being the lowest. 120 is the average.

SCORING: 140 [To resemble the Nationa Hockey League game as it is. Low scoring.
PENALTY: 140 [I don't want Power Play after Power Play.]
INJURIES: 100
TRADING DIFFICULTY: 200 [It's gotta be as real as possible.]
FIGHTING: 160 [Everyone loves a good fight. Unless your a *****]

::Off Season::

As former General Manager Brian Burkes contract comes to an end, and as Vancouver Canuck fans are in severe anger, the Canucks announce the hiring of former Kamloops Blazers Star and Minor Pro player, Lee Stone. Stone wil bring his youth, and hunger for a Stanley Cup, something he never won as a player.

Many players such as Naslund, Ohlund, and Bertuzzi were shocked to hear of this,as it was expected Dave Nonis would becomethe General Manager. "It did come as a bit of a surprise, but hopefully this guy means business. I have yet to meet with him,but definitely will in the near future. " Captain Markus Naslund commented.

On the other hand the Sedins were a bit nervous, Daniel commented saying "We have no idea what's going to happen now, we arewithout contracts, and don't have Burke on our side. We need re-assurance from this General Manager that we will recievefair playing time, and not always be second fiddle to Naslund, Bertuzzi, and Co."

General Manager Stone accepted all questions from the media. Here's a basic transcript from the press conference.

Stone: "First off, I'd like to thank all of you for being here today. As this is not only a huge day for Canucks media, fans,and players, but twice as big for me, someone who has been thriving to have this position since growing up in Surrey, British
Columbia watching the Canucks. I realize replacing Brian will be an exceptionally difficult task, but it is something I and others need to overcome. The first announcement I'd like to make is the hiring of Steve Tambellini as an assistant General Manager to myself, and Co-GM Dave Nonis. You heard right, I am not going to do this alone. Dave will be like a partner to me.We will run this show together with the help of Steve Tambellini. We have also decided to let go all Scouting Members including head scout Ron Delorme. Thomas Gradin, and Mario Marois were brought back. Thanks!"

Neil McRae(CNKW) : Excuse me, Mr.Stone. Wondering what your stance on the Sedin Sisters are?

Stone: Gah! This makes me sick, sure you guys all have jobs, but they aint half as hard as the Sedin BROTHERS. They work
damn hard for their cheques, and will be brought back, and will earn every penny of it.

Eliott Pap(Province) : You said you were releasing all of the scouts from their duties. Why is this?

Stone: HORRIBLE drafting patterns. As many of you know, everytime someone steps up the podium from the Canucks organiziation,
they botch the pick. Starting with Libor Polasek, Shawn Antoski, and many players that are still with the club.

Elliot Freidmann(CBC) : Lee, as we know the Canucks seem to be one step away from making it farther in the playoffs. Many
wonder what the heck your going to do to bring this team past the first round of the playoffs?

Stone: Well, myself, Dave, and Steve are going to go over the whole entire organization in the next couple days. Make
qualifying offers to players that need them, and work from there.

Dan Murphy(SPAC): As we all know, the root of this teams problems has come from goaltending, Dan Cloutier just hasn't cut it.
Whats the story there?

Stone: Well, we are going to qualify Clouts, and see what goes from there. I can't guarantee to you, or Dan that he'll be the
starter come Opening Day.

Kirk P.(HFBoards): Many Canuck fans want to know what your plans are with some european prospects. Mainly Gladskikh, Grot,
Krikunov, and Kaankanpera are.

Stone: Thanks for the question Kirk, but like I said I can't devulge any information. However I can say I will be on the
phone with many agents of not only our prospects, but other unsigned prospects from the CHL, NCAA, and overseas.

Stone: That's all for now. I will be having another press conference in roughly a week. Stay Tuned.

June 25th:

Agents from around the globe came in contact with me today, wanting to know about their players status in the organization.

I heard from the following players agents:

Daniel + Henrik Sedin
Tyler Bouck
Matt Cooke
Bryan Allen
Jeff Heerema
Petr Sarno
Kent Huskins
Jason Lehoux
Joe DiPenta
Artem Chubarov
Brandon Reid
Alex Auld
Kevin Bieksa
Fedor Fedorov
Justin Morrison
Derek Eastman
Alexandre Burrows

June 26th:
I got an offer from Nashville Predators General Manager David Poile today, and liked it so damn much I accepted.

To Vancouver: Alexander Radulov
To Nashville: Jason King

I felt this trade was a brilliant trade for our organization as we have a fair bit of extra coin to spend on a free agent for
the Sedins, and we needed a young scoring forward in the organization.

June 27th:

Made 1 year qualifying offers to Daniel and Henrik Sedin today. Just to keep their rights before losing them July 1st. Hopefully we will hear from their agents soon.

June 28th:

Made a few other qualifying offers today. Fedor Fedorov, Alex Auld, Justin Morrison, and Kevin Bieksa recieved 'em, leaving only Brandon Reid as a Restricted Free Agent. Expect him to be traded or move onto Europe.

June 29th:

As July 1st rolls closer and closer everyday, there are tons of free agents out there. Many of which we have our eye on. Keep in tune for that.

June 30th:

As expected, Henrik and Daniel Sedin both rejected their 1.2 Million Dollar Qualifying Offers. Will they sign?

June 31st:

Unexpectedly, we hear back from Alexander Auld's agent, with news that he has accepted the $450,000 qualifier we gave him. ill he be this years backup, or the starter on the Farm? Fedor Fedorov's agent also came back with news that his client has accepted out qualifying offer. Kevin Bieksa and Justin Morrison also accepted.

July 1st:

The big day looms, and the Canucks have nothing to announce.

July 2nd:

After news comes down that both Daniel and Henrik Sedin have signed with MoDo of the Swedish Elite League, I announce a press
conference for July 4th.

July 3rd:

Made another trade today, as I am getting rid of dead, extremely unusable weight.

To Los Angeles: Nathan Smith
To Vancouver: LA 2005 5th Round Pick.

It's a deep draft, and I hope to get someone that will succeed more than first round bust Smith. Good luck in LA.

July 4th:

The big press conference comes down today, and I announce the signing of Left Winger Paul Kariya, and Right Winger Teemu Sellane both to 1 year deals. This was needed as the downfall of the Sedins playing in Vancouver would have been atrocious.

July 5th:

We also announce yet another trade.
To Vancouver : Jeff Halpern
To Washington : Brandon Reid

Brandon no longer wanted to sign with us, and was moving onto Europe, and we had a hole on the third line so we decided to
give George Mac a call, and he liked the idea. I think it bolsters our lineup a ton.

Onto PreSeason.

Old
09-07-2004, 06:55 PM
Peter Griffin

You have too much free time on your hands...

And Halpern for Reid? Wow, only in fantasy hockey would that happen!

Old
09-07-2004, 06:59 PM
Fedz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin
You have too much free time on your hands...

And Halpern for Reid? Wow, only in fantasy hockey would that happen!
Well, I figured since Washington was looking for youth they wouldn't mind Reid. I probably should have added a bit, but Halpern wasn't rated very well in the game

Old
09-07-2004, 07:59 PM
captaincanadian

vCash: 833
Send a message via AIM to captaincanadian Send a message via MSN to captaincanadian
is this the demo version(doubt it), or the full version?

if its the full version, can I ask where you bought it?

cause i've been looking for it, and havent been able to find it yet

Old
09-07-2004, 08:16 PM
Shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincanadian

I think he's playing the freeware version you can get at www.fhockey.com

Old
09-07-2004, 08:21 PM
TonyTanti

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincanadian

Ever heard of Google?

http://www.sigames.com/downloads.php

It's about $50 US though, so it's not cheap, nor was it any good, well, the demo wasn't.

Old
09-07-2004, 08:36 PM
Fedz

Freeware version for this game currently. I do own the NHL:EHM game for PC, which I got for free from working on this research and what not of the game.

You can download and buy the NHL:EHM game at www.fhockey.com, or www.sigames.com.

It won't be out in stores until later this month.

Old
09-07-2004, 09:00 PM
kmad
Riot Survivor

I played 18 seasons of the free version. Kari Lehtonen led the Canucks to consecutive cups in 15, 16, 17, 18, 19. He finished his career with over 1000 NHL wins.

Old
09-07-2004, 10:35 PM
Law Dawg

The Dog days of August are over, knock it off ......

Old
09-08-2004, 11:06 PM
THE SOVIET*

Send a message via AIM to THE SOVIET* Send a message via Yahoo to THE SOVIET*
Haven't you quit like every league you've played in?

Old
09-27-2004, 02:24 PM
LOOSEMOOSEDUECE

Just want to kno if there is a version that is free, new and lasts more than a season into the game. If not can you tell me where to get the old version. By the way what year does the old version start at. Thanks a lot.

Old
09-30-2004, 02:56 PM
Fedz

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE SOVIET
Me? Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOOSEMOOSEDUECE
Just want to kno if there is a version that is free, new and lasts more than a season into the game. If not can you tell me where to get the old version. By the way what year does the old version start at. Thanks a lot.
You don't read very well, do you? www.fhockey.com . You can download the updates too.

Old
10-01-2004, 02:10 PM
TonyTanti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedz
Me? Nope.

You don't read very well, do you? www.fhockey.com . You can download the updates too.
People who type like a 12 year old on crack rarely do.

Old
10-12-2004, 12:04 AM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
bump, how's it be ?

Old
10-12-2004, 02:14 AM
SedinFan*

Send a message via MSN to SedinFan*
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE SOVIET
Quit what?

Closed Thread