HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto - Pittsburgh

Old
06-17-2009, 09:12 PM
oilsands
shut 'em down.

vCash: 500
Toronto - Pittsburgh

to Toronto:

Letang
Kunitz
Rights to Guerin

to Pittsburgh

2009 1st rounder

oilsands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 09:14 PM
Tombernack

The rights to Guerin is so unnecessary

Tombernack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 09:15 PM
PensFan101
Forever Champions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskyoil View Post
to Toronto:

Letang
Kunitz
Rights to Guerin

to Pittsburgh

2009 1st rounder
Yes, the team that just won the cup wants to trade a good young U23 defenseman, a winger they've committed to for at least two more seasons, and a FA rights for a pick that while has value, isn't what the team needs at all.

PensFan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 09:15 PM
vecens24

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskyoil View Post
to Toronto:

Letang
Kunitz
Rights to Guerin

to Pittsburgh

2009 1st rounder
I'll just start this out with asking...why is this an acceptable offer in your opinion for just the 7th overall? I know the Pens need cap space so taking Kunitz is understandable, but Letang is a little too much...

More like this if you want it...

Kunitz and Alex Grant for the 7th

Thats more fair value. And I'm not sure the Pens do it then either.

vecens24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 09:17 PM
Tyler Myers

the guy is a troll.

Tyler Myers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 09:19 PM
TheLeafFanFromOttawa*

Pens overpay.

TheLeafFanFromOttawa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 09:28 PM
Roo

Makes no sense for either team.

Roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 09:37 PM
Falcons93

Gilbert to the Islanders for 1st, Streit and Okposo.

Falcons93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 09:40 PM
piere McGuire*

As a toronto maple leafs fan i would not do this deal. Why would the TML want the right to Bill Guerin? Kunitz is a good player, not a great player, his contract is almost over. I really like Kris Letang, but he is still on his rookie contract and he would also proboly want 3-3.5 million a season. If i were Pittsburgh's GM i'd keep letang as a "back up" plan for once Sergei Gonchar is gone. Keep you player and become a dynasty

piere McGuire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 09:43 PM
vecens24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcons93 View Post
Gilbert to the Islanders for 1st, Streit and Okposo.
Lol I hope to god thats a joke

Old
06-17-2009, 09:48 PM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by vecens24 View Post
I'll just start this out with asking...why is this an acceptable offer in your opinion for just the 7th overall? I know the Pens need cap space so taking Kunitz is understandable, but Letang is a little too much...

More like this if you want it...

Kunitz and Alex Grant for the 7th

Thats more fair value. And I'm not sure the Pens do it then either.
By this reasoning:

Kunitz and prospect = 7th overall pick
Kunitz + prospect = whitney

and since whitney < kaberle
kaberle > 7th overall pick

Yet nobody will ever say Kaberle is worth a top 10 pick alone. Its been 30 mins since that was posted. How come people havent jump all over him saying he doesnt realize how good that pick is? Is it because people love to hate the leafs?

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 09:51 PM
loxcane

Letang is worth that pick

loxcane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 09:53 PM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

stupid trade for the pens also

Old
06-17-2009, 09:55 PM
Hanta Yo
Bag it up

Why did you have to post something this bad?

Hanta Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 09:59 PM
Heaters not lazt*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphllp View Post
Is it because people love to hate the leafs?
Oh will you get off it.

Heaters not lazt* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 10:00 PM
aaaaaaassssssssd

Brian Burke isn't stupid.

He would never give up a high draft pick for those role players.

aaaaaaassssssssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 10:03 PM
vecens24

Quote:
By this reasoning:

Kunitz and prospect = 7th overall pick
Kunitz + prospect = whitney

and since whitney < kaberle
kaberle > 7th overall pick

Yet nobody will ever say Kaberle is worth a top 10 pick alone. Its been 30 mins since that was posted. How come people havent jump all over him saying he doesnt realize how good that pick is? Is it because people love to hate the leafs?
Probably because that doesn't make sense. I was saying thats what I think the Pens would do for it. And that is closer to value than the OP from the Pens perspective. Also I know Letang will not be traded if we're only receiving the 7th overall pick. Your use of "math" here is staggeringly bad. You can't compare deals like that.

I know that the Leafs would (99% sure) not accept Kunitz and Grant for the 7th overall. But I think that that is the most the Pens would offer for the 7th overall. And when the Leafs said no, the Pens would hang up and say okay. The Pens have no desire to trade into the top 10 for a guy that won't help them for at least this year possibly until the middle of the next year.

I am shocked that you would even come close to saying that its because of "Leaf hating". That is just asinine and you my friend, are a hater.

Old
06-17-2009, 10:06 PM
seanlinden

This type of deal makes no sense for either team. The penguins are going for the cup again and will need the physical play that Kunitz brings + the cheap play that Letang brings.... 7th overall is at least a year away from making any sort of impact. From a Leaf side, Kunitz is merely a contributing player to better ones around him, and Toronto doesn't have better ones around him (hence why we need the 7th overall). Letang is a top 4 guy which the Leafs currently have quite a few and lots of cap space.

With the big contract to Goligoski; the deal that would make perfect sense would be based around one of Ponikarovsky, Tlusty or Kulemin + Stajan for Staal.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 10:06 PM
JTG

Leaf's fans wonder why they get a bad name. One bad apple spoils the bunch, eh?

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 10:10 PM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

Quote:
Probably because that doesn't make sense. I was saying thats what I think the Pens would do for it. And that is closer to value than the OP. Also I know Letang will not be traded if we're only receiving the 7th overall pick. Your use of "math" here is staggeringly bad. You can't compare deals like that.

I know that the Leafs would (99% sure) not accept Kunitz and Grant for the 7th overall. But I think that that is the most the Pens would offer for the 7th overall. And when the Leafs said no, the Pens would hang up and say okay. The Pens have no desire to trade into the top 10 for a guy that won't help them for at least this year possibly until mid next year.

I am shocked that you would even come close to saying that its because of "Leaf hating". That is just asinine and you my friend, are a hater.
Chill out man. I have no bones to pick with you or your post. I understand your post. I dont use any math, i used a known deal in the Kunitz trade and the proposal you said to show that you were saying Kaberle is worth more than the 7th pick.

Old
06-17-2009, 10:14 PM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwight View Post
Brian Burke isn't stupid.

He would never give up a high draft pick for those role players.
kunitz and letang would be great additions, they arent overly expensive and have great experience.

Old
06-17-2009, 10:16 PM
vecens24

Quote:
Chill out man. I have no bones to pick with you or your post. I understand your post. I dont use any math, i used a known deal in the Kunitz trade and the proposal you said to show that you were saying Kaberle is worth more than the 7th pick.
Sorry just the part about the whole Leaf hating thing kind of annoyed me becuase I think a lot of Leafs fans are some of the most knowledgeable people on this board.

But it would not shock me by any means if Burke would be able to get the 9th pick from the Sens because god knows their biggest problem last year was that they only had Kuba as an okay puck moving defenseman. I think that Kaberle would have a lot of use to the Sens.

The Senators do make the playoffs next year if they trade for Kaberle and that somehow convinces Heatley to stay that they're trading for a four time all-star defenseman. The guy is a bargain I feel for being a number 1 defenseman. If I was Burke I would not take anything less than the 14th pick in value for Kabs.

Old
06-17-2009, 10:21 PM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

Quote:
Sorry just the part about the whole Leaf hating thing kind of annoyed me becuase I think a lot of Leafs fans are some of the most knowledgeable people on this board.

But it would not shock me by any means if Burke would be able to get the 9th pick from the Sens because god knows their biggest problem last year was that they only had Kuba as an okay puck moving defenseman. I think that Kaberle would have a lot of use to the Sens.

The Senators do make the playoffs next year if they trade for Kaberle and that somehow convinces Heatley to stay that they're trading for a four time all-star defenseman. The guy is a bargain I feel for being a number 1 defenseman. If I was Burke I would not take anything less than the 14th pick in value for Kabs.
I really dont think he'll get traded, but Burke might work some magic at the draft, probably not though. Which is fine with me

Old
06-17-2009, 10:28 PM
burke4life

i dont like it

burke4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 10:29 PM
vecens24

Quote:
I really dont think he'll get traded, but Burke might work some magic at the draft, probably not though. Which is fine with me
Yeah if I was a Leafs fan I'd be happy to have Kaberle at 4 million a year as my #1. But they could defintiely get younger and if he gets somethign he can't refuse I'd take it and be happy. Either way though, some Leafs fans need to learn slow and steady rebuilding would be the best route for them at this point. Letang and Kunitz set them back as they are both complementary players. Thats a trade you make whenever youre further along in the process of rebuilding, not at the beginning.