HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

two philly proposal trades

Old
06-17-2009, 06:05 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersnut View Post

Second proposal, is with the Islanders. Let's assume they draft John Tavares first overall and according to lots of pollsters, the Islanders want to move their 26 pick and 37 pick to move up in the draft. The Flyers need picks to draft some goalies, and the Islanders want to move up,and need a goal scorer to play with Tavares, Weight, or even Bailey. The Islanders have some cap room,so how about:

Joffrey Lupul, and the 21st pick for the Islanders 26, 31, 37, and 56 picks.

Lupul is a three time 20 goal scorer, with minimum minutes played due to the lines with Flyers, and being a # 1 or 2 winger in New York he may score 30 or 40, with those centers giving him the puck. Basically the Islanders are really only losing one pick if you look at the number of players that they walk away with. They would draft 5 players before the trade and if the trade is made they get 4, with a higher second first round pick. The Flyers would free up some cap space and would then have the ability to draft a goalie or two, in the second round where most experts figure, where the goalies should go.

C'mon.Everyone knows by now, that the Flyers have been furiously (and unsuccessfully) shopping Briere,so they can free up salary to make a run at Boumeester in 2 weeks.Press is speculating that if they can't move Briere,they'll move Lupul and his $4m salary.

Don't expect the nyi to overpay for Lupul, who will be a salary dump.

Lupul for the 56th.

As for moving up to the 21st,I guess that would depend on who was available on draft night,as the Flyers turn to pick approached.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
how is that going by the way? at what point do you stop and acquire legit nhl players?
Last summer,the isles during the major rebuild, the Isles aquired Streit and Weight off the ufa market.They added a few young prospects like Okposo and Bailey to their nhl roster.

This yr they expect to add either Hedman or Tavares,while trying to find another 1-2 quality ufas on the free agent market.

No need to overpay for Lupul's whopping 50 pts and $4m salary

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
not that they woudl do that deal but doesnt there come a time when they need to acquire young established players and stop waiting for draft pciks that take years to hopefulyl develop? not like lupul is on the other side of 30 and some stiff or anything. he is what the isle need along with many other things.

also you isles fans, have you heard anything about depietro's knee being pretty much shot at this point.
Latest report had DiPietro saying he feels good,but we won't know how he's gonna hold up until he's back on the ice,facing live action.

The isles are expected to use one of their 11 picks on a goalie and to sign a veteran free agent goalie.

There will be several on the free agent market....Anderson,Biron, Clemmensen among others.

Last edited by GKJ: 06-17-2009 at 06:17 PM.
CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 06:16 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5700
I wouldn't call the Briere rumors 'furiously' shopping him. He can't shop him too hard, Briere has a NMC.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 06:41 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
I wouldn't call the Briere rumors 'furiously' shopping him. He can't shop him too hard, Briere has a NMC.
Not many teams are in position to pay Briere the $8m he's due next season.I read that the Flyers offered him to 3 teams and those 3 teams passed.

If you've read that some team wants him with that contract,I'd like to know which team.

Old
06-17-2009, 07:01 PM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
I read that the Flyers offered him to 3 teams and those 3 teams passed
Don't believe everything you read.

Last week I read that Pronger was traded for Jack Johnson and the #5 pick. Still waiting for confirmation on that one.

Shadow Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 07:38 PM
Sheky Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersnut View Post
First with the Flyers needing a tough physical defenseman and the Flames needing a bit more finesse on the blue line. How about:

Matt Carle for Robin Regeher

They make the same money.

Second proposal, is with the Islanders. Let's assume they draft John Tavares first overall and according to lots of pollsters, the Islanders want to move their 26 pick and 37 pick to move up in the draft. The Flyers need picks to draft some goalies, and the Islanders want to move up,and need a goal scorer to play with Tavares, Weight, or even Bailey. The Islanders have some cap room,so how about:

Joffrey Lupul, and the 21st pick for the Islanders 26, 31, 37, and 56 picks.

Lupul is a three time 20 goal scorer, with minimum minutes played due to the lines with Flyers, and being a # 1 or 2 winger in New York he may score 30 or 40, with those centers giving him the puck. Basically the Islanders are really only losing one pick if you look at the number of players that they walk away with. They would draft 5 players before the trade and if the trade is made they get 4, with a higher second first round pick. The Flyers would free up some cap space and would then have the ability to draft a goalie or two, in the second round where most experts figure, where the goalies should go.
Just Wow.....Atlanta would have a better chance of moving their 4th overall for Regeher.....and I mean that

Sheky Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 07:52 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowFlyer View Post
Don't believe everything you read.

Last week I read that Pronger was traded for Jack Johnson and the #5 pick. Still waiting for confirmation on that one.
So 2 weeks before the start of the ufa signing period,the Flyers are not trying to free up enough salary to sign Boumeester?

They are not working under a tight deadline?

Old
06-17-2009, 08:08 PM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

Quote:
So 2 weeks before the start of the ufa signing period,the Flyers are not trying to free up enough salary to sign Boumeester?

They are not working under a tight deadline?
Doesn't mean that what you read was true, does it? Is Briere the only way the Flyers can clear cap space? Does it mean that anytime Homer mentions Briere that it is an official offer? I have seen no confirmation that the Flyers have officially offered Briere to anyone, just a bunch of conjecture floating around the internet.

And besides, we've been rumored to be after J-Bo since before the last trade deadline. The likelihood of acquiring J-Bo is about the same as the likelihood that Briere was officially offered up to 3 different teams.

Discussing if a team is interested in taking Briere, and actually making an offer to take Briere, are two completely different animals. I have no doubt Homer has had talks with other teams regarding Briere. I have serious doubts that he was officially offered in a trade, let alone officially offered in a trade to 3 different teams.

Old
06-17-2009, 08:36 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowFlyer View Post
Doesn't mean that what you read was true, does it? Is Briere the only way the Flyers can clear cap space? Does it mean that anytime Homer mentions Briere that it is an official offer? I have seen no confirmation that the Flyers have officially offered Briere to anyone, just a bunch of conjecture floating around the internet.

And besides, we've been rumored to be after J-Bo since before the last trade deadline. The likelihood of acquiring J-Bo is about the same as the likelihood that Briere was officially offered up to 3 different teams.

Discussing if a team is interested in taking Briere, and actually making an offer to take Briere, are two completely different animals. I have no doubt Homer has had talks with other teams regarding Briere. I have serious doubts that he was officially offered in a trade, let alone officially offered in a trade to 3 different teams.
If the Flyers intend to make an offer for Boumeester,they'll have to clear a considerable amount of salary.Whether he'd accept their July offer,wouldn't change the fact that they'd be pushing hard with only 2 weeks left, to free up that cap space.

Who else could they move instead of Briere?I've already posted the speculation that Lupul would be moved if Briere can't be.

Gagne's got a NMC and it's questionable if he'd waive it.I don't see much interest in Jones,making $2.7m or Matthew Carle making $3.5m.

Old
06-17-2009, 08:54 PM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

Quote:
If the Flyers intend to make an offer for Boumeester,they'll have to clear a considerable amount of salary.Whether he'd accept their July offer,wouldn't change the fact that they'd be pushing hard with only 2 weeks left, to free up that cap space.

Who else could they move instead of Briere?I've already posted the speculation that Lupul would be moved if Briere can't be.

Gagne's got a NMC and it's questionable if he'd waive it.I don't see much interest in Jones,making $2.7m or Matthew Carle making $3.5m.
You're not telling me anything I don't already know. I mean, I follow the team pretty closely. It still doesn't mean that Briere was officially offered to anyone in a trade, and its all just pure speculation at this point.

If I post a blog on the net saying that the Islanders have officially offered the #1 pick to all 29 NHL teams, does that automatically make it true?

Like I said, don't believe everything you read.

Old
06-17-2009, 08:59 PM
Tyler Myers

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
Isles are building for the future and this is counter to that idea.
lupul IS their future

Tyler Myers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 09:41 PM
Jim Schennson
Bros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post

Take out Lupul, the 37th, and the 31st, and it becomes doable.
I'd do the 21st for the 26th and the 56th, and I think a deal like that is something that Homer would be interested in too, as he said at his draft press conference today that he's looking at either moving up, or moving back to fill in the gap from the Flyers 1st rounder (#21) to their next pick, which isn't until the 3rd round (#81).

But, I wonder if Snow would instead do the #21 for the #31 and #37? That, of course, would be more appealing to the Flyers, because then Homer could get a goalie with either one of those picks, instead of possibly reaching for one at #21, and then use the other 2nd rounder to get the BPA.

Jim Schennson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 09:43 PM
The Gaud Father

vCash: 50
Ohhhh my goooooooodnesssssss. Regehr for Carle?!?!?!?!!? WHAT THE HELL..

The Gaud Father is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 10:28 PM
Rex88

Funny to see some NYI fans dump on Lupul.
With under 16 ATOI his (Lupul) stats would lead the Isles in goals and be second in points to Streit.
He is still a young guy and is what he is - a streaky scorer for the second line or perhaps even first line on a struggling squad. His defensive game is very average and he is not a hitter but will go into the corners with moderate success.
I don't know what his true value is but he is not a salary dump guy and I would think NYI may have a use for him and get him PP time etc.

Rex88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 10:35 PM
bigwillie

Send a message via AIM to bigwillie
Carle for Regehr is probably one of the funniest proposals I've ever read on this site. Great job.

bigwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 10:41 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex88 View Post
Funny to see some NYI fans dump on Lupul.
With under 16 ATOI his (Lupul) stats would lead the Isles in goals and be second in points to Streit.
He is still a young guy and is what he is - a streaky scorer for the second line or perhaps even first line on a struggling squad. His defensive game is very average and he is not a hitter but will go into the corners with moderate success.
I don't know what his true value is but he is not a salary dump guy and I would think NYI may have a use for him and get him PP time etc.
Marius Czerkawski led the isles in scoring for several yrs.That didn't mean Isles fans were blind to the negatives in his game.He was heavily criticized(sp) on nyi boards.

So saying hey Lupul would be 2nd on your team in pts,really doesn't tell the entire story.$4m is a lot for a top 6 forward,who scores 50 pts.

Expecting him to be the key to landing multiple high picks, is a reach.