HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Van - Ott

Old
06-18-2009, 02:36 AM
Laterade

vCash: 500
Van - Ott

To Vancouver:
Patrick Weircioch
3rd round pick 09

To Ottawa
Mason Raymond

Honestly Canuck fans, theres nowhere to put Raymond in a top six postition unless the Sedins dont re-sign which is un-likely because they love Vancouver.

heres how it goes we basically get a freed up Roster spot for a free agent, and get a good puck moving defenseman of a prospect + a 3rd round pick.

Ottawa does have the space to put Raymond in a top six role, and with Dany Heatley going out the door secondary scoring will be vital when you loose him. I have no doubt that Raymond can provide that in the right enviroment. Plus the Eastern Conference wouldn't hurt Raymond's development as well.

plus Patrick Weircioch is a BC native

Would you guys be Interested in Patrick White by any chance?
we can throw him in if you want

Laterade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 02:38 AM
Saren
Multi Pass!

I'm too tired to be angry. No.

Saren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 02:45 AM
Laterade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
I'm too tired to be angry. No.
So you don't want Patrick White?

Old
06-18-2009, 02:45 AM
eklunds source

Raymond isn't being moved, let alone for a player LESS established than himself and a mid-round pick..

eklunds source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 02:46 AM
TheHMan

NO.

Canucks fans would be stunned by this of course, but Wiercioch has a ton of potential and could end up being the Senators #1 Defenseman in the future.

TheHMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 02:52 AM
Laoghaire

I doubt any Sens fan who knows of Wierdcooch would trade him for Raymond. He's a PPG defenceman in the NCAA. For a while he was outscoring JVR. And he's a giant. He was drafted at 6.02 and has now according to some site grown to 6.05.

Laoghaire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 03:13 AM
Laterade

Quote:
Originally Posted by eklunds source View Post
Raymond isn't being moved, let alone for a player LESS established than himself and a mid-round pick..

Canucks will consider moving him for something they NEED in their prospect pool. A puck moving defenseman, then, drafting a puck moving defenseman this year might not be a top priority. Although Gillis might draft another defenseman in the first round just to tighten our prospect pool in the back end. But Consider the forwards we could take at 22nd Overall. the likes of Kyle Palmieri, Zack Buddish, Landon Ferraro, Peter Holland, Tony Rajala. etc... plus another 3rd round selection which could be dynamite for Thomas Gradin to make a European pick or whatever. Just considering that makes this trade not that far fetched IMHO.

Old
06-18-2009, 03:16 AM
Laterade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laoghaire View Post
I doubt any Sens fan who knows of Wierdcooch would trade him for Raymond. He's a PPG defenceman in the NCAA. For a while he was outscoring JVR. And he's a giant. He was drafted at 6.02 and has now according to some site grown to 6.05.
so you want more from us??? ok you can have Patrick White and take out the 3rd round pick
no givesies backsies

Old
06-18-2009, 06:57 AM
danishh
Dat Stache

no thanks, we'll keep wierdcock

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 07:09 AM
Sureves

lol @ the puns

Sureves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 07:13 AM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laterade View Post
To Vancouver:
Patrick Weircioch
3rd round pick 09

To Ottawa
Mason Raymond

Honestly Canuck fans, theres nowhere to put Raymond in a top six postition unless the Sedins dont re-sign which is un-likely because they love Vancouver.

heres how it goes we basically get a freed up Roster spot for a free agent, and get a good puck moving defenseman of a prospect + a 3rd round pick.

Ottawa does have the space to put Raymond in a top six role, and with Dany Heatley going out the door secondary scoring will be vital when you loose him. I have no doubt that Raymond can provide that in the right enviroment. Plus the Eastern Conference wouldn't hurt Raymond's development as well.

plus Patrick Weircioch is a BC native

Would you guys be Interested in Patrick White by any chance?
we can throw him in if you want
No.

Raymond just got 2 mins of PP time over a full season and put up 20 points. That's just horrible, kid or not. All those years we were talking about Vermette, he was getting zero PP time (played over 250 NHL reg. & playoff games before getting close to the 133 PP mins Raymond got this year in 72 games).

We don't need him. We'll start with Shannon, who was on a 47 point pace for us and seems to have found chemsitry with Foligno and Fisher (big/rough guys, unlike Vcr's top 6 when he was trying to break in there). If he doesn't work, then Regin (23 yo, 47 pts/56 AHL games) and Zubov (22 yo, 52 pts/63 AHL games) get chances.

There is no difference between the East and West.

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 07:27 AM
CrosbyCrosby*

Quote:
There is no difference between the East and West.
lol sure. That's why you guys actually think Shannon is a legit top six player when he couldn't even crack the canucks lineup.

CrosbyCrosby* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 07:31 AM
JackBauer

we'll keep Weirdcock. we're looking for him and Karlsson to be our PMD's for years to come.

we need sure-fire top 6 wingers. we have plenty of "shows a lot of potential, but nothing spectacular" forwards in our prospect pool. i'm sure raymond is/will be a great player, but it doesn't make sense for us.

if we don't have raymond, we have zubov/regin/shannon/o'brien/whomever we draft this year at 9th.

if we lose weirdcock, we only have karlsson

JackBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 07:56 AM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrosbyCrosby View Post
lol sure. That's why you guys actually think Shannon is a legit top six player when he couldn't even crack the canucks lineup.
He did pretty good for us in Ottawa after he got called up. Who did we give for him again? Oh yeah, Nycholat!

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 08:05 AM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHMan View Post
NO.

Canucks fans would be stunned by this of course, but Wiercioch has a ton of potential and could end up being the Senators #1 Defenseman in the future.
So you're going to trade Karlsson?

This is a classic example of the "No, my player is way better than yours"

Guess time will tell.

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 08:07 AM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrosbyCrosby View Post
What does that have to do with the Eastern Conference?
Didn't you just play Wellwood in the top-6 after he couldn't stick with the Leafs?

Nobody thinks he's a legit top-6 player, but he did well in the second half last year with Fisher and Foligno. So he's been given a 1 year, 600k deal to prove himself over a full season and fight off Regin and Zubov behind him.

The Canuck couldn't afford to keep him in their top-6 to start the season with the small Sedins, Demitra, Raymond and Wellwood. Add Shannon to that and you have the smallest and weakest top-6 in the NHL. On our team, Shannon was joining two good sized forecheckers in Fisher & Foligno, a top-6 that includes 6-4 Heatley and 6-3 Spezza... as well as Alfie, who I can only imagine could beat the crap out of every Vcr player I listed above.

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 08:09 AM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by eklunds source View Post
Raymond isn't being moved
Yeah, the Canucks will never part ways with his 23 points, he's untradeable.

Ottawa says no.

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 08:29 AM
SenatorArmy

Send a message via MSN to SenatorArmy Send a message via Yahoo to SenatorArmy
No chance. Weinercrotch is staying in Ottawa

SenatorArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 08:33 AM
Juice*

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary View Post
Didn't you just play Wellwood in the top-6 after he couldn't stick with the Leafs?
ahahah I would like to see his argument on that......

Juice* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 09:15 AM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice View Post
ahahah I would like to see his argument on that......
Yeah, I was waiting for someone to drop a bombshell. Fact is, our big 3 would all be their top 3 forwards. Fisher could easily replace someone on their current 2nd line. Foligno, too early too tell, but I'd sure as hell rather him over Wellwood. Shannon is unproven, but if he can put up a 20-20 season, I will be ecstatic.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 09:15 AM
The Pucks

Hmmm, seems like allot of Ottawa fans scout players with the stats sheet and dont bother with actually watching players.

Mason Raymond really to a big step in his development during the playoffs, he has established himself as a regular in the minds of most Vancouver fans and he seems to finally be putting things together. He was always extreamly fast, but now has added a strong defensive game and is getting some NHL hands. He is slated for a role in the top 9, many expect him to lineup with Bernier and Hodgson.

Kyle Wellwood was a 3rd line center for the Canucks when Kesler was promoted to the 2nd line around mid season, before that he was a 4th liner, healty scratch guy.

The Pucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 09:19 AM
The Pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcrew View Post
Yeah, I was waiting for someone to drop a bombshell. Fact is, our big 3 would all be their top 3 forwards. Fisher could easily replace someone on their current 2nd line. Foligno, too early too tell, but I'd sure as hell rather him over Wellwood. Shannon is unproven, but if he can put up a 20-20 season, I will be ecstatic.

It appears that is now your Big TWO.

Oh and by the way, the Sedins outscored your top player by 10 points last year.

As for Wellwood, once you guys watch a few games you might see he wasnt a top 6 forward, but heck, after the season you had last year I can understand why you would avoid watching hockey for awhile.

Last edited by The Pucks: 06-18-2009 at 09:32 AM.
The Pucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 09:22 AM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary View Post

Nobody thinks he's a legit top-6 player, but he did well in the second half last year with Fisher and Foligno. So he's been given a 1 year, 600k deal to prove himself over a full season and fight off Regin and Zubov behind him.

The Canuck couldn't afford to keep him in their top-6 to start the season with the small Sedins, Demitra, Raymond and Wellwood. Add Shannon to that and you have the smallest and weakest top-6 in the NHL. On our team, Shannon was joining two good sized forecheckers in Fisher & Foligno, a top-6 that includes 6-4 Heatley and 6-3 Spezza... as well as Alfie, who I can only imagine could beat the crap out of every Vcr player I listed above.
I'm not really interested in getting into this Shannon debate - he wasn't given a decent chance to succeed with the Canucks IMHO - but Wellwood wasn't put in a top six role with the Canucks (other than due times whenever there was injuries due to guys like Demitra). When he wasn't scratched, he was a 3rd line center mostly.

As for "6-3 Spezza", please...he's not much grittier or a much better forechecker than either Sedin ("small Sedin" - what are they, one inch or less shorter than Spezza?). That isn't to say he isn't a legit top ten #1 line center - which he is of course.

Last edited by Barney Gumble: 06-18-2009 at 09:34 AM.
Barney Gumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 09:24 AM
Regin 43*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pucks View Post
It appears that is now your Big TWO.

Oh and by the way, the Sedins outscored your top player by 10 points last year.

As for Wellwood, once you guys watch a few games you might see he was a top 6 forward, but heck, after the season you had last year I can understand why you would avoid watching hockey for awhile.
Honestly, shut up. You're not even talking about the trade at all anymore. Your talking about our bad season and that's ******** and has nothing to do with the trade. One of the only bright spots in our season last year was drafting Karlsson, Wiercioch and Smith (and Petersson). Wiercioch has the potential to be #2 defenseman and could actually end up being better then Karlsson. So no, Ottawa doesn't trade a key piece of our future for a third line grinder who can skate fast. We don't need Shannon part 2

Regin 43* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 09:28 AM
SpezDispenser

The OP can't even know who Patrick Wiercioch is. And I doubt many Sens fans feel like going through it with him.

http://www.gmhockey.com/prospect-vil...y-18-t1070.htm

Go to that link, read the thread and then tell me if we're going to trade him period, let alone for Mason Raymond.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote