HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Brian Burke - Dany Heatley

Old
06-17-2009, 07:51 PM
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
An intelligent person will make a comment once they've got all the facts in their hands. Without knowing the situation between Heatley and the Sens, he should not open his mouth. Burke gets more coverage then every single Leaf player combined. Its like criticizing how a family lives without knowing what actually happens in the house. If anything, Burke's drawing the attention and reminding other GMs that Heatley is a ***** which will make it even more difficult for Ottawa to get full value. Burke's a rat IMO. He's a good GM, he's good at making deals and performing his duties but he's a rat of a human being.

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 08:10 PM
aaaaaaassssssssd

I find that offensive.

Mr.Burke is just standing up for a fellow GM who has been dealt a sucker punch to the kidneys from a terrible person who was given a second chance after he caused a horrific accident.

I don't care what the situation is. If you sign a 6 year deal and ask to be traded the next year you have totally screwed an organization.

Burke is not a rat, he's an honest person who does things the right way and expects others to follow.

aaaaaaassssssssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 08:12 PM
ugotmybeef*

funny this thread was started from an Edmonton fan. Doesn't matter, Heatley is a pipe dream for the spinning heads of Oiler fans.

ugotmybeef* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 08:13 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 64
Burke is full of ****, Grabovski is on his team and asked for a trade.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 08:15 PM
aaaaaaassssssssd

He didn't trade for Grabovski so I don't have any idea how you can even compare that.

aaaaaaassssssssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 08:25 PM
Kamina
Amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bad Guys View Post
Maybe he didn't like the way the Pronger situation played out?

Can people not change their opinions over three years?
I'm not sure how you could not like how a situation played out when you win a Cup.

Kamina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 08:37 AM
IBLeaf*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentNaslund View Post
Burke is a pretty arrogant SOB. Leafs fans will out sooner then later. Brian burke didn't really have to say it like that. Do you see other GMs saying what he said about Heatly? Burke usually lets his mouth get the best of him.
I'm glad to see you feel for our fanbase. Trust me, we don't want to endure his wrath.

How does his mouth get the best of him by the way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Burke is full of ****, Grabovski is on his team and asked for a trade.
Fletcher was the GM. Try again.

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 08:38 AM
Mihairokov

I find it hard to believe that people still take what Burke says as legit and true. Burke just plays mind games with everyone and that is painfully obvious.

Mihairokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 08:47 AM
FrankMTL

Burke just loves the way his voice sounds huh? I wonder if he has an opinion on non hockey related subjects as well. He should have his own talk show, where he can tell guests to shut up when he wants. His first guest should be "Torts", that would be classic.

FrankMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 08:51 AM
tony d
Honey Nut Cheerios

We'd see how fast Brian Burke would change his mind if Dany Heatley said that he only wanted to play for Toronto. Anytime you get a chance to add a consistent 30-40 goal scorer like Dany Heatley to your team you take it.

tony d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 08:53 AM
Courage*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go View Post
An intelligent person will make a comment once they've got all the facts in their hands. Without knowing the situation between Heatley and the Sens, he should not open his mouth. Burke gets more coverage then every single Leaf player combined. Its like criticizing how a family lives without knowing what actually happens in the house. If anything, Burke's drawing the attention and reminding other GMs that Heatley is a ***** which will make it even more difficult for Ottawa to get full value. Burke's a rat IMO. He's a good GM, he's good at making deals and performing his duties but he's a rat of a human being.
Hmmm...what do you know about what Burke knows or doesn't know about the situation? And if you don't know much, what does that make you?

Courage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 08:58 AM
EmeticDonut

vCash: 800
why does he feel the need to open his mouth about something that really doesn't concern him. has he been away from the spotlight for too long lately and felt that he needed his fix for attention? this man must really love to hear himself talk.

EmeticDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 10:32 AM
Gorgeous George

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugotmybeef View Post
funny this thread was started from an Edmonton fan.
Try again.

Gorgeous George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 10:35 AM
Harry Kakalovich

I'm not a big fan of Heatley, and I think for Ottawa breaking up their boys club will be a positive thing. That team severely underperformed last year.

Harry Kakalovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 12:32 PM
Pepper

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Pronger ask to be traded much earlier in the season than Heatley did?

Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 12:46 PM
FerrisRox

This whole thing just makes Burke look like a fool. He's twice acquired players that have publicly demanded trades, so his track record on the issue is clear.

Now a high-end player is available in the same situation, but because this player is an Ottawa Senator, Burke has no chance whatsoever to acquire him.

So what does he do? He pretends he wouldn't take him anyway. Right... sure, we buy that, Brian.

He announces he doesn't like something he can't get anyway.

What's he gonna do next, announce that he doesn't like playoff teams? He doesn't like winning?

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 12:53 PM
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

Yeah, Burke's a hypocrite, but he's doing a couple of interesting things here by his comments on the Heatley situation:

* He's providing a legitimate reason why the Leafs would not be in the running, even though that's a pipe dream anyway. It gives a rabid fanbase something to chew on in tha tregard.

* Keeps the circumstances of the situation even more public, which is a beat of gamesmenship.

At the end of the day, Burke is doing his job as the GM of the Leafs. He's looking out for that team's interests.

Rabid Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 01:25 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Even though Burke is a hypocrite, I like his stance on the subject this time around... Glad he said it regardless of the Pronger situation.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 01:26 PM
AC Le Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDO View Post
So what was Pronger?

Or Brendan Morrison for that matter?
Did they leak their request to the media?

AC Le Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 01:28 PM
Leafidelity
Registered Leafs Fan

vCash: 1775
I like how post #92 just so happened to put post #91 in its place.

Leafidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 01:30 PM
Man Hole Inspector*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraser View Post
I'm glad to see you feel for our fanbase. Trust me, we don't want to endure his wrath.

How does his mouth get the best of him by the way?

Fletcher was the GM. Try again.
Burke did express interest though when he was the GM of Anaheim. I think he really just thinks that Heatley is unprofessional. This whole fiasco would not be going on if he did it in a quiet professional manner. Instead hes the talk of the town because he went about with his business carelessly .

With Grabovski he wanted out because he didnt have a chance to succeed in a top 6 role, which is fair on the part of player. To compare him to Heatley wanting out is a totally different situation. Danny Heatley did not like the coach in place, and the direction the team was going in. Grabovski was not getting sufficient ice time and was put down on the depth chart, which happens with all upcoming teams. To many teams Mikhail Grabovski was a highly skilled young player who they could get for an affordable rate and salary. Heatley on the other hand will have much value and his salary is pretty big. In the end Fletcher got Grabovski, but Burke did said he did have heavy interest in him.

In the Pronger case, Anaheim was building a contender. There was no doubt Pronger was a top 5 defenseman, so he would make a sufficient impact. As far as a team, it would push them over the edge as far as team quality and experience. In Toronto it is a totally different situation, so we cant really say well he did this in the past. His former team (Ducks) are miles ahead of his present team (Toronto)

Man Hole Inspector* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 01:37 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Even though Burke is a hypocrite, I like his stance on the subject this time around... Glad he said it regardless of the Pronger situation.
Burke should not be commenting on players under contract to other teams.

Wetcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 02:00 PM
SoCalSharkzFan

As soon as I saw the headline, I thought: Who cares what you think Burke? Ottawa was never going to trade Heatley to you anyway...

This hypocrite really does love the sound of his own voice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bad Guys View Post
I like how post #92 just so happened to put post #91 in its place.
I like how you're mad at how true #91's post was... #92 is completely irrelevant to #91. I like how #98 puts #95 in it's place though.

Last edited by SoCalSharkzFan: 06-18-2009 at 02:06 PM.
SoCalSharkzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 01:30 AM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Ranger View Post
At the end of the day, Burke is doing his job as the GM of the Leafs. He's looking out for that team's interests.
It's in the teams best interests not to inquire about an available two-time 50-goal scorer who's not yet 28 years old due to a made up reason that his own track record refutes?

Yeah, if you say so.

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 02:49 AM
OilCanada92

I would love to kick him right in the head. He's probably one of the most dumbest GM's in the last 12 years.

OilCanada92 is offline   Reply With Quote