HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

says if the Islanders draft Hedman then Tavares to Nashville 95%

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-18-2009, 12:23 PM
  #1
Sony Eriksson*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: N. Dallas/NYC
Country: Faroe Islands
Posts: 13,583
vCash: 500
says if the Islanders draft Hedman then Tavares to Nashville 95%

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...tor-95/1/21612


Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 12:24 PM
  #2
8BostonRocker24
Registered User
 
8BostonRocker24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Los Gatos via Boston
Country: China
Posts: 9,214
vCash: 500
For Weber?

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 12:25 PM
  #3
Crease
Registered User
 
Crease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,833
vCash: 500
That's like saying if Jessica Alba was interested in me, then I'd 100% do her.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 12:25 PM
  #4
Selanne08*
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,899
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
That's like saying if Jessica Alba was interested in me, then I'd 100% do her.
id be around 130%

Selanne08* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 12:25 PM
  #5
TheLeastOfTheBunch
Registered User
 
TheLeastOfTheBunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,578
vCash: 50
That has to be the most random-est rumor of all ****ing time .

Seriously , to Nashville ? Eklund you just fell to a new low

TheLeastOfTheBunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 12:26 PM
  #6
Michael Scofield
Registered User
 
Michael Scofield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Gatineau
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,459
vCash: 500
cool, then he can play with Ovechkin when he moves there

Michael Scofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 12:30 PM
  #7
Habsfan18
The Future
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,264
vCash: 500
Eklund is soooo ****ing random sometimes

This reminds me of 2 random rumors from him 2 years ago.

Ovechkin to Nashville and Malkin to Montreal

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 12:31 PM
  #8
Bigjoce
 
Bigjoce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 28
vCash: 500
Holy crap this guy loves soap operas... just when you think he couldn't come up with crazier stories....

Bigjoce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 12:31 PM
  #9
Selanne08*
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,899
vCash: 500
i dont think its completely crazy. maybe nashville is looking for someone to market and spark interest and they do need some young offensive talent. they are loaded at d.

Selanne08* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 12:32 PM
  #10
The Brazen Head
 
The Brazen Head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 97
vCash: 500
No wonder he stays anonymous.

The Brazen Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 12:34 PM
  #11
AC Le Rock
 
AC Le Rock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 599
vCash: 500
Well I'm not going to say Eklund is always right but the guy makes sense of his rumors. You say random? It's the needs of both teams and it makes sense. If you're the Lightning and you have Tavares and Toronto is offering you Kaberle and/or Kubina and/or picks/prospects then you have Nashville offering Weber or Suter and/or picks/prospects, what would you do?!

Eklunds "rumored deal" makes sense, GASP!

AC Le Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 12:43 PM
  #12
Rschmitz
Registered User
 
Rschmitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Tampa Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 4,615
vCash: 500
Pretty sure we would just select Tavares

Rschmitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 12:46 PM
  #13
Disgruntled
 
Disgruntled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,529
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeastOfTheBunch View Post
That has to be the most random-est rumor of all ****ing time .

Seriously , to Nashville ? Eklund you just fell to a new low
Not random at all. Nashville has Suter and Weber, both excellent defensemen, but don't have much firepower up front. The Lightning desperately want an elite d-man. Put those together and what do you get? An Eklund rumor (that I personally think has legs).

Disgruntled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 12:52 PM
  #14
Mr Underhill
Registered User
 
Mr Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,669
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB_FANATIC View Post
Pretty sure we would just select Tavares
No we dont....

We take Weber in a heart beat. And we think about Suter.

Mr Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 12:57 PM
  #15
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
However, and this is a direct quotes from a Nashville source..."If you are in the Nashville situation, with all the young d-men in the system, the need for Pizzazz, and the fact you get Johnny T at rookie money for three years....you consider it with every bone in your body...."
Eklund's Nashville source is either a flagrant moron, or Mark Howard. Or possibly both.

NONE of Nashville's defense prospects are going to be able to provide the impact that Weber and Suter provide. NONE of them. Blum might be at Suter's level in three years, but not now. We are running thin on defense prospects as it is and absolutely CANNOT afford to give up Weber and/or Suter for Tavares because it handcuffs our defensive depth. I am totally, absolutely, completely and utterly against the notion of this trade.

Besides that, it's my personal opinion that Tavares should go somewhere where he can play center, because it's his natural position. That place is not Nashville.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 01:02 PM
  #16
AC Le Rock
 
AC Le Rock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Eklund's Nashville source is either a flagrant moron, or Mark Howard. Or possibly both.

NONE of Nashville's defense prospects are going to be able to provide the impact that Weber and Suter provide. NONE of them. Blum might be at Suter's level in three years, but not now. We are running thin on defense prospects as it is and absolutely CANNOT afford to give up Weber and/or Suter for Tavares because it handcuffs our defensive depth. I am totally, absolutely, completely and utterly against the notion of this trade.

Besides that, it's my personal opinion that Tavares should go somewhere where he can play center, because it's his natural position. That place is not Nashville.
Wait what? who are you?? a...hockey fan...of the Predators? From Kentucky?! Blasphemy! such things don't exist.

AC Le Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 01:03 PM
  #17
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC Le Rock View Post
Wait what? who are you?? a...hockey fan...of the Predators? From Kentucky?! Blasphemy! such things don't exist.
Kentucky is the last place I want to be, trust me, but there are hockey fans there. I saw a Coyotes jersey on campus during finals week.

I'm really passionate about this matter. If Eklund's intent is to be inflammatory, it definitely worked. I would smack Poile upside the head if he did something like this, and then I would slap Paul Fenton for talking him into something so out-of-character. There are much less risky, less costly ways to improve our attack.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 01:04 PM
  #18
DL44
Registered User
 
DL44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Left Coast
Posts: 5,551
vCash: 133
I like the possibility of this rumor.

Altho i still think the Isles are set on Tavares making this all moot.

The scenario makes logical sense at least but with too many what if's.
It would be a nice shake up if it went down... (i love trades).

DL44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 01:05 PM
  #19
AC Le Rock
 
AC Le Rock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Kentucky is the last place I want to be, trust me, but there are hockey fans there. I saw a Coyotes jersey on campus during finals week.
Probably just a fan of the Hamilton Coyotes would be my guess.

AC Le Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 01:07 PM
  #20
danishh
Dat Stache
 
danishh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: mtl/ott/somewhere
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,654
vCash: 50
i think this would be great. More high-powered offense to the west, gives nashville a face for the franchise.

Dont know if it's true, but i'd love to see it happen. I think weber is worth more than tavares, but i wonder what nashville would offer on top of Suter to make this happen. Maybe tampa can convince radulov to come back to play in the sun, and someone like franson could be included as well. Nashville's 1st would probably be there too. Sounds like a mini lindros deal to me.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 01:11 PM
  #21
Salvage21
Registered User
 
Salvage21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Scranton, PA
Posts: 619
vCash: 500
Just because it's Eklund doesn't mean that the possibility of this is so absurd. It makes a lot of sense because each team trades from their strengths. I doubt Tampa would get Weber, but I mean, Sutter and the 11th+ would be a great deal and Nashville would obviously get a top line center to help their offensive woes.

Salvage21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 01:13 PM
  #22
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
i think this would be great. More high-powered offense to the west, gives nashville a face for the franchise.
We have one. His name is Shea Weber.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 01:15 PM
  #23
seadawg
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 434
vCash: 500
None of this matters anyway because the Islanders are not picking Hedman.

And on another note, I find it funny that people like Eklund still say that Nashville has an abundance of depth on defense. Sure, they have tons of prospects, but with losing Timonen and Zidlicky in recent years and with Koistinen likely signing elsewhere as a UFA, the depth of their NHL-ready dmen is not what it used to be. I seriously don't know why they would want to trade either Suter or Weber.

seadawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 01:17 PM
  #24
FutureGM97
Registered User
 
FutureGM97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Connecticut, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,832
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Originally Posted by DL44 View Post
I like the possibility of this rumor.

Altho i still think the Isles are set on Tavares making this all moot.

The scenario makes logical sense at least but with too many what if's.
It would be a nice shake up if it went down... (i love trades).
The fact Eklund just said it means that there is no chance that this will happen...not that there was any chance before.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 01:37 PM
  #25
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seadawg View Post
None of this matters anyway because the Islanders are not picking Hedman.

And on another note, I find it funny that people like Eklund still say that Nashville has an abundance of depth on defense. Sure, they have tons of prospects, but with losing Timonen and Zidlicky in recent years and with Koistinen likely signing elsewhere as a UFA, the depth of their NHL-ready dmen is not what it used to be. I seriously don't know why they would want to trade either Suter or Weber.
Good post, spot-on, but I had to point out the oxymoron in there.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:37 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.