HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Off-Season Prospects Review & MA Bourdon in Memorial Cup

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-31-2009, 10:43 PM
  #51
Larry44
Flyers Tank Nation
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 5,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
With young guys like Parent, Coburn and Carle already on our top 4 and guys like Sbisa, Marshall and Bourdon as prospects as players we have developing for the future, man am I stoked about our defense.
There is reason to be optimistic, and the more I watch the Wings, more I am starting to think we just need to get the most talented, mobile guys we can back there. We have a good start. Coburn, Parent and Carle are top flight young players. Sbisa is really strong on his skates and hits.

Marshall will need some time to fill out, but he could be a good 3rd pairing rugged guy for a long time.

Bourdon is more iffy as a prospect because of his skating challenges.

Bodrov is probably the best prospect we have on D besides Sbisa, I'd love to see him come to camp.

There are also guys like Ratchuk, Lehtivuori and Bartulis who are good players and could challenge in the next year or so.

Larry44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2009, 12:32 AM
  #52
phlocky
Registered User
 
phlocky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,157
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
We are ranked #9 in the organizational rankings. Somehow, the Habs are #2. Still trying to figure that one out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm6492 View Post
where is thsi at. Link please???? (I beleive you, just want to look at it)
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...l_rankings110/

There's the link to the top 10.


honestly, I can't understand why we aren't higher. I mean what other organization can boast one 8.5 talent, two 8.0's, one 7.5 and five 7.0's (though one is rated a D and one rated an F in likelyhood of reaching that level). Seriously, HF themselves say we have 1 top line forward prospects, 2 likely 2nd line forward prospects, a top pairing defensive prospect, and a ton of 2nd pairing talent defensive prospects. also, they only have Parent rated as a 6.5 talent level when he's already paying top pairing in the NHL RIGHT FREAKING NOW!!! He's honestly a legit #4 right now so that's a minimal of 7.0A rating isn't it??? He has the potential to still be a true #3 dman and lead the 2nd pairing so that should make his ranking a true 7.5B. If you make htis LOGICAL adjustment then that throws us up even higher. I understand that we have no viable goalie prospects and that our forward depth prospects are thin but come on, how many of those guysrated as 6.5D's actually turn out to make any kind of difference in the NHL???

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2009, 07:41 AM
  #53
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 111,244
vCash: 500
It's because NHL performance isn't taken into account, it's overall potential. Same reason everyone freaked out when Luca Sbisa was ranked #44 or whatever on their overall top 50, and it's the same reason you're going to freak out more when he drops off completely on their fall rankings/list.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 09:30 PM
  #54
RoDu
Shagga likes axes
 
RoDu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,480
vCash: 500
So could it be accurate to speculate Sbisa and possibly Nodl if he has a good camp(depth player) to make the team full time next year, and the year after for JVR and Marshal?

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 09:35 PM
  #55
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...
 
Dig Out Your Soul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
So could it be accurate to speculate Sbisa and possibly Nodl if he has a good camp(depth player) to make the team full time next year, and the year after for JVR and Marshal?
I really have no interest in Nodl making the team next year. He had a strong camp last year and made the team and proceeded to be a what, -14 and no goals in 30 something games? We can do better than that. He needs more AHL time to find his scoring touch.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 09:39 PM
  #56
RoDu
Shagga likes axes
 
RoDu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
I really have no interest in Nodl making the team next year. He had a strong camp last year and made the team and proceeded to be a what, -14 and no goals in 30 something games? We can do better than that. He needs more AHL time to find his scoring touch.
he was a rookie last year, and I don't feel that he'll ever be a scorer in the NHL, but if he refines his two way game, his skating could make him a good 3rd liner with some offensive touch

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 09:46 PM
  #57
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...
 
Dig Out Your Soul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
he was a rookie last year, and I don't feel that he'll ever be a scorer in the NHL, but if he refines his two way game, his skating could make him a good 3rd liner with some offensive touch
Well, there's a ton of refining to do before I want him patrolling our third line on a regular basis. I don't see it happening next year.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 09:47 PM
  #58
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 20,290
vCash: 500
were any of the Flyers prospects drafted in the KHL draft?

__________________

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 09:49 PM
  #59
RoDu
Shagga likes axes
 
RoDu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,480
vCash: 500
And I forgot to ask about Kalinski, any chance he gets some 4th line time?

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 11:00 PM
  #60
Haute Couturier
Registered User
 
Haute Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 5,972
vCash: 500
I agree, I rather see Nodl spend the year in the A. I think Kalinski has a shot to make the team though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hamels View Post
were any of the Flyers prospects drafted in the KHL draft?
Nope.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2009, 09:34 AM
  #61
blah
Registered User
 
blah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
Well, there's a ton of refining to do before I want him patrolling our third line on a regular basis. I don't see it happening next year.
I don't care who, but I want someone that can keep up with Carter on his line next season. Hartnell is fine as his other wing. Upshall, while completely inept in the offensive zone for the Flyers, could keep up with JC and at least offer the threat of a pass on his breakaways. If JC misses the net, Hartnell goes to work in the corners. Any one of Nodl, Powe, or Ross can be that guy, and on the cheap.

blah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2009, 11:50 AM
  #62
Larry44
Flyers Tank Nation
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 5,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blah View Post
I don't care who, but I want someone that can keep up with Carter on his line next season. Hartnell is fine as his other wing. Upshall, while completely inept in the offensive zone for the Flyers, could keep up with JC and at least offer the threat of a pass on his breakaways. If JC misses the net, Hartnell goes to work in the corners. Any one of Nodl, Powe, or Ross can be that guy, and on the cheap.
Nodl played very well with Carter early last season. He's got good size, speed and hands, and he isn't afraid of contact (uses his body well and will take a hit to make a play).

I thought he played very well in his last call up, and was a bit surprised they didn't keep him in the lineup.

He might be ready to make the jump to the NHL full time this year, which will give JVR some developmental time too.

Larry44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 02:28 PM
  #63
Jim Schennson
Bros.
 
Jim Schennson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 1,254
vCash: 500
The Flyers' 2004 draft evaluation has been posted, and, not surprisingly, they got the lowest NHL yield of any team.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...ft_evaluation/

I found this little bit about the murderer, Scurko, to be pretty ominous. He made a name for himself alright, just not as we would have hoped. I know these things are usually written up beforehand, but it's still kinda' creepy.

"At 22 years of age, there is still time to try and make a name for himself, but the chances of that are slim."

EDIT: I didn't see that there was a separate thread for this.


Last edited by Jim Schennson: 06-11-2009 at 04:51 PM.
Jim Schennson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 04:54 PM
  #64
blah
Registered User
 
blah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
Nodl played very well with Carter early last season. He's got good size, speed and hands, and he isn't afraid of contact (uses his body well and will take a hit to make a play).

I thought he played very well in his last call up, and was a bit surprised they didn't keep him in the lineup.

He might be ready to make the jump to the NHL full time this year, which will give JVR some developmental time too.
I'd be fine with Nodl or Powe to start the season. They both beat paying guys like Chad Larose 2+mil to do the same thing.

blah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2009, 09:12 AM
  #65
Larry44
Flyers Tank Nation
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 5,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blah View Post
I'd be fine with Nodl or Powe to start the season. They both beat paying guys like Chad Larose 2+mil to do the same thing.
Agreed. Nodl has a lot of skill, reminds me of Fedotenko. I'd rather sign Rusty as a UFA than Larose.

Larry44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2009, 04:08 PM
  #66
BillyShoe1721
Terriers
 
BillyShoe1721's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,727
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
I don't know what annoys me more, the fact that we passed on Carlson (16G 60A in 59 games in OHL) that could play in the NHL next season, or our possible goalie of the future in Markstrom (2.38 GAA, .917 SV% in SEL). Carlson looks like more of the sure thing, but Markstrom...

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2009, 02:25 PM
  #67
Haute Couturier
Registered User
 
Haute Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 5,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
I don't know what annoys me more, the fact that we passed on Carlson (16G 60A in 59 games in OHL) that could play in the NHL next season, or our possible goalie of the future in Markstrom (2.38 GAA, .917 SV% in SEL). Carlson looks like more of the sure thing, but Markstrom...
Both are bad.

For me Carlson annoys me more only because he was someone I really wanted with pick #27. I thought there was little chance he'd fall to us. I was thrilled to see him still there, only to see that terrible trade for Eminger and to watch Washington pick our guy. It was like watching Brad Lidge blow a save with 2 outs in the 9th.

Missing out on Markstrom is going to look really terrible if he lives up to his potential. He was my favorite goalie for most of the year, but I fell on the Pickard bandwagon at the end since he was being compared to Price.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 08:54 AM
  #68
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
I don't know what annoys me more, the fact that we passed on Carlson (16G 60A in 59 games in OHL) that could play in the NHL next season, or our possible goalie of the future in Markstrom (2.38 GAA, .917 SV% in SEL). Carlson looks like more of the sure thing, but Markstrom...
Yes, that Eminger trade already biting us in the ass.

Sbisa and Carlson in 1st round would be awesome or Markstrom for that matter.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2009, 09:21 AM
  #69
BillyShoe1721
Terriers
 
BillyShoe1721's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,727
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
It's screwed us over two different ways. We could've had a home run prospect in either of them, and now we're stuck with Carle's 3.437M cap hit.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 11:57 AM
  #70
Banger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 888
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Yes, that Eminger trade already biting us in the ass.

Sbisa and Carlson in 1st round would be awesome or Markstrom for that matter.
well they ended up taking Bourdon with the pick they got back so Sbisa/Bourdon isn't bad...

Banger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 12:15 PM
  #71
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 111,244
vCash: 500
Powe will be on the team to start the season. He played great in his role, and is on the hook for only $520K to start the season. He earned his spot on the team, but he is also in the right organization at the right time.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 12:32 PM
  #72
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 31,962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Powe will be on the team to start the season. He played great in his role, and is on the hook for only $520K to start the season. He earned his spot on the team, but he is also in the right organization at the right time.
for as much of a dissapointment Nodl was this past season, Powe was a nice suprise. He came in worked his butt off and earned his playing time. I agree he earned a spot on next years team.

GoneFullHextall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 01:24 PM
  #73
dbr2
Lockout Beard
 
dbr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,340
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dbr2
I love what Powe brings. He and Giroux were sometimes the only 2 players who showed up when we were down to the Penns.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 01:34 PM
  #74
BringBackStevens
Registered User
 
BringBackStevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStevensDotCom View Post
for as much of a dissapointment Nodl was this past season, Powe was a nice suprise. He came in worked his butt off and earned his playing time. I agree he earned a spot on next years team.
It was Nodl's first season as a pro. What did you expect?

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 01:57 PM
  #75
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Philly Area
Posts: 4,910
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inebriator View Post
It was Nodl's first season as a pro. What did you expect?
A goal.

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.