HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bouwmeester interested in Philly

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-18-2009, 10:38 AM
  #26
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Move Lupul and Jones for nothing if need be.

Move Briere and JVR for Jay-Bo. Re-sign Knuble a year.

Gagne-Richards-Knuble
Hartnell-Carter-Giroux
Powe-FA Faceoff Specialist-Asham
Carcillo-Matsumoto-Ross

Coburn-Timonen
Parent-Bouwmeester
Sbisa-Alberts?

Emery
Someone

Some fill ins, yeah, but saves cap and this defense is downright scary looking.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 10:50 AM
  #27
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail
 
JXC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 13,901
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
I wouldn't mind tossing Briere and JVR for J.Bo
For some reason this made me chuckle.

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 10:53 AM
  #28
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
I wouldn't mind tossing Briere and JVR for J.Bo
This is crazy. Do people even imagine the value of 2nd over all pick in the draft? This year draft, last year draft.. Any year..

Is JVR a bust?

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 10:55 AM
  #29
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
This is crazy. Do people even imagine the value of 2nd over all pick in the draft? This year draft, last year draft.. Any year..

Is JVR a bust?
The moment you are drafted, it's irrelevant where you were drafted...it's how good a player you are perceived to be that determines your value.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 11:13 AM
  #30
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
The moment you are drafted, it's irrelevant where you were drafted...it's how good a player you are perceived to be that determines your value.
So how good of a player do you think he is?

Yeah, he did disapointed me in WJC, I expected more. Bobby Ryan did **** too. Look at him now..

P.S the only thing that I really wanted JVR to do was to go to OHL, WHL or QMJHL. I think he would be a much better player because I am not a big fan of New Hampshire HE but education is very important.

A full year in AHL and about 10-15 games in NHL. Follow Ryans steps. No rush.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 11:13 AM
  #31
LEIFey
Context Matters!
 
LEIFey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 7,370
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
The moment you are drafted, it's irrelevant where you were drafted...it's how good a player you are perceived to be that determines your value.
this.

but still, briere and jvr for a UFA is ridiculous.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 11:20 AM
  #32
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
So how good of a player do you think he is?

Yeah, he did disapointed me in WJC, I expected more. Bobby Ryan did **** too. Look at him now..

P.S the only thing that I really wanted JVR to do was to go to OHL, WHL or QMJHL. I think he would be a much better player because I am not a big fan of New Hampshire HE but education is very important.

A full year in AHL and about 10-15 games in NHL. Follow Ryans steps. No rush.
I have no real opinion on JVR, as I haven't really seen him play a game yet. All I got is the Flyers public opinion, which appears to have soured, and the general discussion of him from other outlets and folks. Whether those are accurate or inaccurate statements remains to be seen...but where he was picked doesn't really matter at this point. He's a player under contract to the Flyers...

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 11:36 AM
  #33
BillyShoe1721
Terriers
 
BillyShoe1721's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,007
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
If you want J-Bo (not saying YOU as in posters here, but as if you were the Flyers GM) here's how you do it with a 2 year plan:

This year: Trade Gagne + 81st pick to LAK for Jarret Stoll + 5th pick
Trade Matt Carle to Min for Harding + Boogaard

Sign J-Bo for 26 mil for 4 years (6.5 mil per year cap hit)
Sign Harding for 10 mil for 4 years (2.5 mil per year cap hit)
Sign Emery for 1 year for 1.5 mil
Sign Alberts for 3 mil for 2 years (1.5 mil per year cap hit)
Sign Ross for 1.1 mil for 2 years (10% QO, 0.55 mil cap hit)
Waive/trade for picks Cote & Jones.
Draft MPS/Kane with 5th pick.
Trade 21st and 87th picks to NYI for 31st and 37th picks and draft one goalie and whatever with those 2 picks

Lineup/lines for 09/10

Hartnell - Carter - Briere (15.7 mil)
Giroux - Richards - Lupul (10.85 mil)
Carcillo - Stoll - Powe (5.0 mil)
Boogieman - Ross - Asham (2.05 mil)
Nodl/JVR callups

Timonen - Coburn (7.63 mil)
Jbo - Parent (7.35 mil)
Alberts - Sbisa (2.35 mil)

Emery/Harding (4.0 mil)

Puts us right at about 55 mil.

Lupul should do even better with being paired with Richards and a 30/60 season isn't out of the realm of possibility. Briere stays healthy and puts up 70+ points.

In the off-season, trade Lupul to CBJ for 2010 1st + 2011 2nd/prospect. Lupul replaces Modin who will a 34 yr old UFA at the end of the seaosn, Lupul gives them better scoring at just a slight increase over Modins cost.

Trade Briere to whomever needs a #1 center for whatever you can get for them taking on his salary (probably a 2nd and a prospect).

Sign Coburn for 9.0 mil for 3 years (3.0 mil per year cap hit) during the season
Sign Parent for 3.5 mil for 2 years (1.75 mil per year cap hit)
Sign Asham for 1.5 mil for 2 years (0.75 mil cap hit)
Sign Carcillo for 2.5 mil for 2 years (1.25 mil cap hit)
Sign Powe for 2.0 mil for 2 years (1.0 mil cap hit)
Sign Boogaard for 2.5 mil for 2 years (1.25 mi cap hit)
JVR replaces Lupul
MPS/Kane replaces Briere
Backlund replaces Emery

2010/11 lineup:

Hartnell - Carter - MPS/Kane (10-12 mil with rookie bonuses)
JVR - Richards - Giroux (7.5-9.5 mil with rookie bonuses)
Carcillo - Stoll - Powe (5.85 mil)
Boogaard - Ross - Asham (2.55 mil)

Timonen - Coburn (7.63 mil)
Jbo - Parent (7.35 mil)
Alberts - Sbisa (2.35 mil)

Harding/Backlund (3.5 mil)

46.75 to 50.75 mil cap hit. The rookie bonuses can be diferred to the following season but we shouldn't need to in this scenario. projected cap is between 50-52 mil at this point so we are good.

After the 10/11 season the cap will likely go back up to clse to 55 mil (the economy looks like it has bottomed out and a turn around should be coming in the next 2 quarters). Carter, Giroux and Sbisa will need new contracts after this season and if the cap is at 55 mil we will have roughly 11 mil to resign those 3 players.


This is how you sign Jbo and keep as many of your core players together, bring in new young talent, and still put a dangerous team on the ice. If we don't trade Briere Gagne is gone in 2 years anyways so we might as well get something for him. If yo want to sign Jbo then you have to lose Briere AND Gagne over the next 2 years.

Flame away if you want but this is the only scenario that I can see where we could sign Jbo and NOT kill ourselves. An aweful lot of things have to go just right for this to work but if we are getting J-bo then this might be the best and only way of doing it and actually being able to gain form it.
Just wanted to quote the entire thing.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 11:45 AM
  #34
RIPRichardsCarter
Registered User
 
RIPRichardsCarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,954
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
If you want J-Bo (not saying YOU as in posters here, but as if you were the Flyers GM) here's how you do it with a 2 year plan:

This year: Trade Gagne + 81st pick to LAK for Jarret Stoll + 5th pick
Trade Matt Carle to Min for Harding + Boogaard

Sign J-Bo for 26 mil for 4 years (6.5 mil per year cap hit)
Sign Harding for 10 mil for 4 years (2.5 mil per year cap hit)
Sign Emery for 1 year for 1.5 mil
Sign Alberts for 3 mil for 2 years (1.5 mil per year cap hit)
Sign Ross for 1.1 mil for 2 years (10% QO, 0.55 mil cap hit)
Waive/trade for picks Cote & Jones.
Draft MPS/Kane with 5th pick.
Trade 21st and 87th picks to NYI for 31st and 37th picks and draft one goalie and whatever with those 2 picks

Lineup/lines for 09/10

Hartnell - Carter - Briere (15.7 mil)
Giroux - Richards - Lupul (10.85 mil)
Carcillo - Stoll - Powe (5.0 mil)
Boogieman - Ross - Asham (2.05 mil)
Nodl/JVR callups

Timonen - Coburn (7.63 mil)
Jbo - Parent (7.35 mil)
Alberts - Sbisa (2.35 mil)

Emery/Harding (4.0 mil)

Puts us right at about 55 mil.

Lupul should do even better with being paired with Richards and a 30/60 season isn't out of the realm of possibility. Briere stays healthy and puts up 70+ points.

In the off-season, trade Lupul to CBJ for 2010 1st + 2011 2nd/prospect. Lupul replaces Modin who will a 34 yr old UFA at the end of the seaosn, Lupul gives them better scoring at just a slight increase over Modins cost.

Trade Briere to whomever needs a #1 center for whatever you can get for them taking on his salary (probably a 2nd and a prospect).

Sign Coburn for 9.0 mil for 3 years (3.0 mil per year cap hit) during the season
Sign Parent for 3.5 mil for 2 years (1.75 mil per year cap hit)
Sign Asham for 1.5 mil for 2 years (0.75 mil cap hit)
Sign Carcillo for 2.5 mil for 2 years (1.25 mil cap hit)
Sign Powe for 2.0 mil for 2 years (1.0 mil cap hit)
Sign Boogaard for 2.5 mil for 2 years (1.25 mi cap hit)
JVR replaces Lupul
MPS/Kane replaces Briere
Backlund replaces Emery

2010/11 lineup:

Hartnell - Carter - MPS/Kane (10-12 mil with rookie bonuses)
JVR - Richards - Giroux (7.5-9.5 mil with rookie bonuses)
Carcillo - Stoll - Powe (5.85 mil)
Boogaard - Ross - Asham (2.55 mil)

Timonen - Coburn (7.63 mil)
Jbo - Parent (7.35 mil)
Alberts - Sbisa (2.35 mil)

Harding/Backlund (3.5 mil)

46.75 to 50.75 mil cap hit. The rookie bonuses can be diferred to the following season but we shouldn't need to in this scenario. projected cap is between 50-52 mil at this point so we are good.

After the 10/11 season the cap will likely go back up to clse to 55 mil (the economy looks like it has bottomed out and a turn around should be coming in the next 2 quarters). Carter, Giroux and Sbisa will need new contracts after this season and if the cap is at 55 mil we will have roughly 11 mil to resign those 3 players.


This is how you sign Jbo and keep as many of your core players together, bring in new young talent, and still put a dangerous team on the ice. If we don't trade Briere Gagne is gone in 2 years anyways so we might as well get something for him. If yo want to sign Jbo then you have to lose Briere AND Gagne over the next 2 years.

Flame away if you want but this is the only scenario that I can see where we could sign Jbo and NOT kill ourselves. An aweful lot of things have to go just right for this to work but if we are getting J-bo then this might be the best and only way of doing it and actually being able to gain form it.
All of that except trading Gagne is nice.

RIPRichardsCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 11:53 AM
  #35
ForsbergIsOdin
Registered User
 
ForsbergIsOdin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Asgaard
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,391
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
I have a J-*****

ForsbergIsOdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 11:54 AM
  #36
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post
I have a J-*****
Yeah, so do I.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 12:45 PM
  #37
dbr2
Lockout Beard
 
dbr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,340
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dbr2
He'll probably end up in western Canada.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 12:46 PM
  #38
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
He'll probably end up in western Canada.
I agree. However, one can dream right?

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 01:00 PM
  #39
dbr2
Lockout Beard
 
dbr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,340
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
I agree. However, one can dream right?
Very true.

A caller on NHL LIVE just called in, asking if the Rags could get him. That fan is a huge dreamer.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 01:07 PM
  #40
Haute Couturier
Registered User
 
Haute Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 5,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MK7117 View Post
I don't know Phillys cap space. But what if they gave him one of those contracts Detroit handed out to Zetterberg and Franzen? Would that work? They would probley need to move someone out. Hopefully not Hartnell.
I imagine that's what they'd do to keep his cap hit down rather than have a $7M cap hit.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 01:45 PM
  #41
Claude Giroux
 
Claude Giroux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 894
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
He'll probably end up in western Canada.
Maybe the Oilers, I don't see the Flames or Canucks happening.

I think he'll somehow end up a Flyer.


Last edited by Claude Giroux: 06-18-2009 at 01:55 PM.
Claude Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 01:45 PM
  #42
Mo0sE
Registered User
 
Mo0sE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 223
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Mo0sE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
Ok, so the Flyers somehow sign Jaybo. What's the over /under till people ***** about his contract like Briere? Opus, can we get a line on this?
my thoughts exactly

Mo0sE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 01:53 PM
  #43
Opus
Boondoggle
 
Opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,924
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
Ok, so the Flyers somehow sign Jaybo. What's the over /under till people ***** about his contract like Briere? Opus, can we get a line on this?
It's a mix-up between...
  • 90 days into the season.
  • JBo's first 5 game goal scoring drought.
  • Flyers first 8 game losing streak.

Over (-155), Under (+135).


*Odds may vary depending on event selection

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 01:57 PM
  #44
UseYourAllusion
Registered User
 
UseYourAllusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 6,873
vCash: 500
I'll take the under, thank you

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 02:57 PM
  #45
46zone
Guttersnipe
 
46zone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
I'd love to have him but Homer MUST make the right move.

If Homer moves Briere and 1st round pick for some marginal return to sign Bouwmeester, I am fine with it.
If Homer is trading Briere and our 1st, I would want something more than "marginal" in return.

46zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 03:01 PM
  #46
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zone View Post
If Homer is trading Briere and our 1st, I would want something more than "marginal" in return.
Bouwmeester is more then marginal. The cap space to sign him is worth it.

A stud defensemen who is 25? Him and Timonen could anchor the defense for the next 4 years, then Jay-Bo could anchor our defense for the next 6 after that.

You make that move. Franchise d-men are hard to come by.

I see the Islanders taking Hedman by the way. I would.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 03:20 PM
  #47
Crescent Street
Saturday Nite Hockey
 
Crescent Street's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Long Island
Posts: 2,538
vCash: 500
I have a funny feeling people are over-hyping Jay-Bo and if he ever does become a Flyer he will never meet the expectations people have been laying out. This team is going nowhere with Jay-Bo and Ray Emery... I'm still perplexed by the Emery signing..this season once again will have a gigantic question mark surrounding it.

Holmgren addressing Steven's by stating "we need to be more aggressive on all areas of the ice" probably won't cut it and we're looking at the same team we've seen the past 2 years.

Can we get a real instructor in here, one that can formulate an effective game plan that suits the personnel of this team to their fullest extent?

Crescent Street is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 03:23 PM
  #48
TheKingPin
Registered User
 
TheKingPin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,191
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Bouwmeester is more then marginal. The cap space to sign him is worth it.

A stud defensemen who is 25? Him and Timonen could anchor the defense for the next 4 years, then Jay-Bo could anchor our defense for the next 6 after that.

You make that move. Franchise d-men are hard to come by.

I see the Islanders taking Hedman by the way. I would.
Yea i agree, you have a franchise dman that can be for you what Pronger and Lidstrom have been for their cup winning teams. This is increased by the fact that he likes your organization. This is a must do. Just like getting Forsberg, you move people to get a guy like that. I think that Homer knows this and is willing to dump briere for cap space. I mean we signed him as a free agent, its not like we traded for him. So the assets that we lose when we trade him are easier to take. I mean honestly you have to go though OV/Semin and Crosby/ Malkin for the next decade. How much better would you feel if Jbo and Timonen were out there for the final minute of a game. And Coburn Parent were out there for the minute before that haha.

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 04:02 PM
  #49
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crescent Street View Post
I have a funny feeling people are over-hyping Jay-Bo and if he ever does become a Flyer he will never meet the expectations people have been laying out. This team is going nowhere with Jay-Bo and Ray Emery... I'm still perplexed by the Emery signing..this season once again will have a gigantic question mark surrounding it.

Holmgren addressing Steven's by stating "we need to be more aggressive on all areas of the ice" probably won't cut it and we're looking at the same team we've seen the past 2 years.

Can we get a real instructor in here, one that can formulate an effective game plan that suits the personnel of this team to their fullest extent?
Please tell me what teams others then Detroit and MAYBE Pittsburgh have gone into the past 2 seasons without large question marks.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 04:03 PM
  #50
Slowbro
Registered User
 
Slowbro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 903
vCash: 500
i rather have a guy back like Smith or Hatcher over a offensive minded guy like Jbo.

Slowbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.