HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Steve Reinprecht for Stefan Meyer [PHX/FLA], Yotes re-sign Prucha

Old
06-19-2009, 11:56 AM
Panthers_Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flannelman View Post
reinpretch can help Florida if they can resign him - what did he make last year, 2.1?
He has already resigned to 2.05m/3y cap hit. I think he made exactly 2 last year

Panthers_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 11:57 AM
Paralyzer
The Oilers Awaken

And in other news:

Paralyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 11:58 AM
Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPanthers7 View Post
A decent AHL depth player. Meyer wasn't going to make the club here as he's been passed on the depth chart by guys like Kamil Kreps, Janis Sprukts (if he doesn't go back to Europe) and Shawn Matthias. If he wasn't going to crack the lineup in Florida, that should tell you what Phoenix just got.

I think this is great for Florida. A solid 2-way forward that can play any forward position, although he will be our 2nd line center likely with Frolik. Plus he's good at faceoffs which we needed to improve.
Stefen Meyer is a good, good player. He may have been passed over in the Flordia depth chart but I can tell you as a Medicine Hat Tiger season ticket holder...and seeing this kid play...he is a player - and he can score. I am not saying 40+ goals...more likely 20+ at the NHL level. In many respects he will probably follow a similar path as his former team mate (and current Red Wing) Darren Helm.

This is, IMO, a good deal for Phoex and good value for an UFA player.

Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 12:12 PM
Ti-girl

Send a message via AIM to Ti-girl Send a message via Yahoo to Ti-girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
Stefen Meyer is a good, good player. He may have been passed over in the Flordia depth chart but I can tell you as a Medicine Hat Tiger season ticket holder...and seeing this kid play...he is a player - and he can score. I am not saying 40+ goals...more likely 20+ at the NHL level. In many respects he will probably follow a similar path as his former team mate (and current Red Wing) Darren Helm.

Took the words right out of my mouth Peter.

06-19-2009, 12:12 PM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post

Sorry, I've watched him for the past 4 years in Rochester and he's nothing more than an AHL depth player. He's extremely inconsistent, and generally wasn't liked by the fan base.

He could never figure out what player he wanted to be. He came out of juniors and was extremely physical for his first year or two. Then that completely dropped off and it seemed like he was trying to become more of a scorer, but he just doesn't have the talent to be one, even in the AHL.

He may get a few call ups here and there, but he's a minor league journeyman to be.

sabrefan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 12:17 PM
State of Hockey

Looks to be like Florida is taking advantage of some cost cutting by Phoenix. Good move for them.

State of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 12:26 PM
HockeyAndTheSox
Let's Go Pens&Yotes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMapleLaughs View Post
Phoenix is going to be bleeding internally for awhile.

Won't be surprised if Doan is gone soon.
Dude, Reinprecht wasn't getting resigned by PHX. Don't assume a fire sale because we traded someone for an AHL prospect... Its called salary dump, so the Coyotes have some flexibility heading into Draft/FA time... even though we cant afford big names.

EDIT: Plus Meyer does have some potential to be a 10-20 goal scorer

HockeyAndTheSox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Great trade for Florida. Meyer is pretty much worthless and they managed to get a 40-point center for him.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
FlaPanthers7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
Sorry, I've watched him for the past 4 years in Rochester and he's nothing more than an AHL depth player. He's extremely inconsistent, and generally wasn't liked by the fan base.

He could never figure out what player he wanted to be. He came out of juniors and was extremely physical for his first year or two. Then that completely dropped off and it seemed like he was trying to become more of a scorer, but he just doesn't have the talent to be one, even in the AHL.

He may get a few call ups here and there, but he's a minor league journeyman to be.

That's the Meyer I've seen in the Panthers' camp and during his limited callups. I follow the team in Rochester too and he's never been able to put it together. I would be stunned if he made it beyond a 4th line center in the NHL, even if that, let alone being a 20 goal scorer. Kamil Kreps outplayed him by a mile in the AHL and he's our 3rd/4th line center right now. Sprukts outplayed him in the AHL too, but I think he's gone back to Latvia or somewhere. Meyer was hardly impressive during his time here, but maybe he'll have better luck in Phoenix. Who knows...

FlaPanthers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 12:28 PM
JaysCyYoung

For some reason it seems like Reinprecht has played for half of the teams in the league the way he's bounced around from Colorado to Calgary to Buffalo to Phoenix and now Florida. Steve is very competent second or third-line centre and solid two-way player though. Florida was on the cusp of the playoffs last season so this definitely adds a veteran presence to their line-up and if he puts up 40-45 points next season than this is a move that is well-worth making. Wonder what else is going to happen though.

JaysCyYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 12:31 PM
ReLyT

Send a message via MSN to ReLyT
I like Reinprecht alot, solid deal for the Cats...

ReLyT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 12:32 PM
odishabs

nice deal for disney land....oops FLORIDA

odishabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 12:49 PM
gurfling

Good deal for florida, have always liked Reinprecht.

gurfling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 12:49 PM
Vitto79

Nice move

was'nt Reinprech a UFA?. So was this trading rights and then the Panthers signed him up. Good for them btw he's a good player

Nice to see Prucha stay in the NHL

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 12:50 PM
sgupca

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuhr View Post
Reinprecht is a really good completely player.

He'll be a valuable asset in Florida.
yup, he'll help them out a lot next year considering they'll lose a few decent players to UFA.

sgupca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 01:12 PM
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?

More excited we got Prucha on board for next season. Whether Stefan is in the AHL or NHL next year he'll still be valuable since we need lots of help down on the farm. Anyone know if Stefan is already signed on for next season?

Naych_PHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 01:25 PM
Elvs

vCash: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaysCyYoung View Post
For some reason it seems like Reinprecht has played for half of the teams in the league the way he's bounced around from Colorado to Calgary to Buffalo to Phoenix and now Florida. Steve is very competent second or third-line centre and solid two-way player though. Florida was on the cusp of the playoffs last season so this definitely adds a veteran presence to their line-up and if he puts up 40-45 points next season than this is a move that is well-worth making. Wonder what else is going to happen though.
He has never been in Buffalo lol. Started of with the Kings, then to the Avs, Flames and Coyotes. He hasn't been bouncing around that much really, not compared to many others.

Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 01:33 PM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naych_PHX View Post
More excited we got Prucha on board for next season. Whether Stefan is in the AHL or NHL next year he'll still be valuable since we need lots of help down on the farm. Anyone know if Stefan is already signed on for next season?
I think Meyer is a RFA.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 01:35 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Regarding what I've seen from Meyer, he won't be a full time NHLer ever. He was too slow in his callup with the Panthers and was pretty quickly sent back down. It's still a good move for Phoenix to get something for a guy they would have let walk in two weeks anyway.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 01:40 PM
PhoPhan

Reinprecht is a solid player and will fit in nicely in Florida, but he was a victim of a numbers game in Phoenix, and I'm not talking about salary. The Coyotes, simply, have too many forwards, and specifically young forwards who need consistent playing time in the NHL. Guys like Viktor Tikhonov, Kevin Porter, and Enver Lisin can't be jerked around forever, so some space had to be cleared. It was unlikely the Coyotes would bring Reinprecht back, so it's nice they got something for him, even if it is a longshot depth forward. The Coyotes have had some luck with reclamation projects in the past, so who knows?

As for Petr Prucha, he played well in his limited time in Phoenix last year (10 points in 19 games, versus 9 points in 28 games in New York). I'm still not sure he'll ever regain his 30-goal form, but if he can provide some secondary scoring now and again, he'll be a valuable asset in Phoenix.

PhoPhan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 01:41 PM
kenny #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvstrand View Post
He has never been in Buffalo lol. Started of with the Kings, then to the Avs, Flames and Coyotes. He hasn't been bouncing around that much really, not compared to many others.
He was in the Sabres organization for a very short period of time, If I remember correctly, the Avs traded him to Buffalo for Keith Ballard, then shortly after the Sabres dealt him to Calgary in the deal for Chris Drury.

Reinprecht is underrated, very solid pickup for Florida

kenny #9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 01:42 PM
SpezDispenser

Florida gets an outstanding two way player. Really like him a lot, great move!

SpezDispenser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 01:44 PM
Ti-girl

Send a message via AIM to Ti-girl Send a message via Yahoo to Ti-girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post

I think the biggest issue with Meyer is that he was TOLD he was a scorer and groomed to be a scorer. If you look at a player like Helm...as soon as he was drafted they told him "We want you to be a 3rd line centre."

And look.

He is.

Ti-girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 01:56 PM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ti-girl View Post
I think the biggest issue with Meyer is that he was TOLD he was a scorer and groomed to be a scorer. If you look at a player like Helm...as soon as he was drafted they told him "We want you to be a 3rd line centre."

And look.

He is.
Well that's unfortunate because he just doesn't have the talent to really be a scorer at the pro level. He had 19 goals last season being force fed ice time on a bad team.

His most effective season as an Amerk was his rookie year when he was banging bodies.

Still, in 4 years, he didn't progress at all. Maybe a new organization will help.

sabrefan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 02:30 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by odishabs View Post
nice deal for disney land....oops FLORIDA
Disneyland is in California.