HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Duncan Milroy only ranked 16th on HF

Closed Thread

Old
10-10-2004, 07:51 PM
Habs4Life

vCash: 666
Duncan Milroy only ranked 16th on HF

Duncan Milroy is only ranked 16th on Hockeys future website.. He's behind player's such as Michael Lambert, Cory Urquhart, Maxim Lapierre, Oskari Korpikari..

I mean come on Duncan Milroy is a top notch prospect and should be well ahead of some of the player's ahead of him.. Who agree's?

Old
10-10-2004, 07:55 PM
Ace2000

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Ace2000
i do but having such a bad pro rookie season is the reason why he's ranked so low. Mind you, he had such a bad rookie season cuse of an early season injury and lack of ice time. I think he'll break out this season with only AK in front of him...)or behind him?)

Old
10-10-2004, 08:06 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Life
Duncan Milroy is only ranked 16th on Hockeys future website.. He's behind player's such as Michael Lambert, Cory Urquhart, Maxim Lapierre, Oskari Korpikari..

I mean come on Duncan Milroy is a top notch prospect and should be well ahead of some of the player's ahead of him.. Who agree's?

The reason why he's been moved down is that he hasn't shown much progression since his amazing draft year. He's never put up the points he did while with Swift Current, and while he was outstanding in the WHL playoffs and Memorial cup, in the last 3 seasons, he's struggled for the first few months of the season to produce. With so many other quality prospects having great years, he got moved down. He'll likely be moved back up, but going pointless in the preseason is not the way to do it. I do expect a big season from him, and Hamilton will need a big season from as a few players will need to step up their offensive production this year.

Old
10-10-2004, 10:41 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
The reason why he's been moved down is that he hasn't shown much progression since his amazing draft year. He's never put up the points he did while with Swift Current, and while he was outstanding in the WHL playoffs and Memorial cup, in the last 3 seasons, he's struggled for the first few months of the season to produce. With so many other quality prospects having great years, he got moved down. He'll likely be moved back up, but going pointless in the preseason is not the way to do it. I do expect a big season from him, and Hamilton will need a big season from as a few players will need to step up their offensive production this year.
Milroy seems to take time to adjust at every level he has played. With enough time, I'm quite psoitive that he will be an NHLer..... whether he fits in the habs plans when he gets to that point is a different story.

I have a tough time criticizing Andre Savard with his track record so I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt that Milroy was worth a 2nd round pick.

Old
10-11-2004, 12:22 AM
Slick Nick

I saw him live a couple of times, and he never impressed me. I doubt he could be in Habs' top 10. A fourth liner at best if you ak me.

Old
10-11-2004, 11:37 PM
Moester

Send a message via AIM to Moester Send a message via MSN to Moester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick
I saw him live a couple of times, and he never impressed me. I doubt he could be in Habs' top 10. A fourth liner at best if you ak me.
Although I've never seen him play, with his stats my guess is he'll either be a second liner on the NHL level or will not break through at all. He's not the grinder type and IMO can't take a 4th line role. He'll either play an offensive role in the Habs, be traded or will fade away.

Old
10-12-2004, 06:44 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moester
Although I've never seen him play, with his stats my guess is he'll either be a second liner on the NHL level or will not break through at all. He's not the grinder type and IMO can't take a 4th line role. He'll either play an offensive role in the Habs, be traded or will fade away.
You got it

Closed Thread