HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Chicagoland Hockey Clinics

Old
06-19-2009, 06:05 PM
malkintoews

vCash: 500
Chicagoland Hockey Clinics

Hey guys,

My brother and I are currently looking to get into a beginner Adult "Learn to Play" Hockey Clinic. We are obviously beginners with no experience playing and I was just curious to see if anyone out there had any reccomendations as to a certain rink or clinic to take part in. Thanks in advance!

malkintoews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 08:02 PM
Headcoach

Send a message via AIM to Headcoach Send a message via MSN to Headcoach Send a message via Yahoo to Headcoach
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkintoews View Post
Hey guys,

My brother and I are currently looking to get into a beginner Adult "Learn to Play" Hockey Clinic. We are obviously beginners with no experience playing and I was just curious to see if anyone out there had any reccomendations as to a certain rink or clinic to take part in. Thanks in advance!
Yes, go about 45 mins south of Chicago to Kankakee. There you will find that they have an adults clinic that cost $125.00 for 13 weeks. Plus, the first two weeks are free.

Once you guys have some skills behind you, they have a men's beginner's beer league. The program is a 13 week program with Ref's and score keeper. They will be expanding to 6 teams in the Fall, so getting into their program right now is perfect timing for your guys.

The program in the Fall comes with a 13 beer punch card. Once you use it up, you can buy another one for $20.00 They are 16oz Miller Lite and MDG beers

You can find them here: http://www.oakorthoarena.com

Head coach

06-19-2009, 09:57 PM
blueberrydanish

Talk about a hookup, I think you and your brother should be set lol

blueberrydanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 10:18 PM
Nicklas Lidstrom

OP's brother here... that sounds like a good place. Thanks Headcoach. I'm 18 now, wish I had played hockey when I was younger. But I figure it's never too late to start, if I just wanna play for fun.

Nicklas Lidstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 10:26 PM
malkintoews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headcoach View Post
Yes, go about 45 mins south of Chicago to Kankakee. There you will find that they have an adults clinic that cost $125.00 for 13 weeks. Plus, the first two weeks are free.

Once you guys have some skills behind you, they have a men's beginner's beer league. The program is a 13 week program with Ref's and score keeper. They will be expanding to 6 teams in the Fall, so getting into their program right now is perfect timing for your guys.

The program in the Fall comes with a 13 beer punch card. Once you use it up, you can buy another one for $20.00 They are 16oz Miller Lite and MDG beers

You can find them here: http://www.oakorthoarena.com

Head coach
Head coach, Thanks a lot man. Really appreciate it!

malkintoews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 10:50 AM
rinkrat22

I got a email from usahockey last week, they will be hosting a adult beginner skills clinic in the chicago area this summer. I would check that out also.

rinkrat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 05:10 PM
JayK47

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkintoews View Post
Hey guys,

1. Seven Bridges Ice Arena - Woodridge, IL
Every Monday from 8:40pm to 9:50pm (sometimes they change the time)
Cost: 8 sessions for $120 or $20 walk in

2. Rocket Ice Arena - Bolingbrook, IL
Every Wednesday from 8:20pm to 9:20pm (They let you skate extra 10-15min)
Cost: 8 seesions for $120 or $20 walk in

3. Artic Ice Arena - Orland Park, IL
Every Friday from 7pm - 8pm (After the hockey class, you can enter the open skate session for free without stick and puck, skate only)
cost: $20 walk in

The International Ice center in Romeoville used have the clinic on Sundays but I'm not sure if they still have it or not.
I'm 38 yearsold and I started it 5 months ago. I am attending all 3 of them now.
18yearsold is darn good age to start. I wish I was 28. My skill level went from begginer to decent hockey player within 5 months. these classes help but you have pratice on your own. at age 38 it wasnt easy at first but I put many many ice times for my practice and now I can hang with rat hockey players without getting embarass myself. so, go for it dude!

JayK47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 05:33 PM
rinkrat22

I forgot international ice center is running a 3 day clinic in july with victor federov(sergi's dad) at night for adults. he is there to run a youth clinic during the day. I've been playing for 30 years and I am thinking about taking that one for fun.

rinkrat22 is offline   Reply With Quote