HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kaberle to The Wild for Zidlicky and Harding

Old
06-19-2009, 09:15 AM
IWD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
Clearly, this is a rumor where Toronto is interested in Harding. The Wild's D is already set. Toronto needs a long-term goalie solution. But Toronto doesn't have many trade assets whether they like to admit that or not.

Kaberle is one of Toronto's few tradeable assets, especially to the Wild, who really wouldn't accept any other player from Toronto but Kaberle. Leafs fans may be confused by this, because you all thought Moore was amazing, but the majority of the league (except not the Sabres) knew that he wasn't worth crap.

So, the conversation went -> Harding -> Kaberle -> Zidlicky. Not the other way around.
Nonsense. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it.

Players of Harding's calibre are worth very little. If you disagree, then you really haven't been paying attention to recent transactions involving unestablished starting goaltenders. If Kaberle is Fletcher's demand, then I'm sure Burke would move on and deal with someone who won't waste his time.

IWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 10:06 AM
grabo84

Quote:
Leafs fans may be confused by this, because you all thought Moore was amazing, but the majority of the league (except the Sabres) knew that he wasn't worth crap.
Hahaha, what? You've got to be kidding me.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 10:14 AM
nickschultzfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azazel View Post
Nonsense. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it.

Players of Harding's calibre are worth very little. If you disagree, then you really haven't been paying attention to recent transactions involving unestablished starting goaltenders. If Kaberle is Fletcher's demand, then I'm sure Burke would move on and deal with someone who won't waste his time.
Ok. Time to move on.

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 11:07 AM
embracedbias

Quote:
Clearly, this is a rumor where Toronto is interested in Harding. The Wild's D is already set. Toronto needs a long-term goalie solution. But Toronto doesn't have many trade assets whether they like to admit that or not.

Kaberle is one of Toronto's few tradeable assets, especially to the Wild, who really wouldn't accept any other player from Toronto but Kaberle. Leafs fans may be confused by this, because you all thought Moore was amazing, but the majority of the league (except the Sabres) knew that he wasn't worth crap.

So, the conversation went -> Harding -> Kaberle -> Zidlicky. Not the other way around.

There are plenty of other teams interested in Harding.
So, considering that Backstrom was resigned, Minnesota isn't trying to trade away their RFA back-up goaltender?

Burke has said explicitly that he feels no need to trade Kaberle. If the right deal comes along, sure... but I would be VERY surprised if he was using Kaberle to find a young unproven goalie.

embracedbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 11:42 AM
nickschultzfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by embracedbias View Post
So, considering that Backstrom was resigned, Minnesota isn't trying to trade away their RFA back-up goaltender?

Burke has said explicitly that he feels no need to trade Kaberle. If the right deal comes along, sure... but I would be VERY surprised if he was using Kaberle to find a young unproven goalie.
Ha ha. There are other teams to trade with instead of Toronto.

Edm, Avs, Blues, Philly, and others are probably looking for a promising young goalie who is ready for #1 duty.

Old
06-19-2009, 11:49 AM
Qvist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocksta18 View Post
The argument is that our 1st is more valuable to us than Kaberle. You have to take into other variables instead of just strictly looking at a 1st pick and Kaberle, you have to look at what both teams are doing. In Minnesota's case, we have a new GM, Coach, etc. We have Cuma...and, Cuma. Falk/Stoner/Scandella....we have no 2nd or 3rd this year, so our 1st becomes extremely valuable, to us. If we were a cup contender, I would agree with you 100%. But we are not, we need that pick so in order to get it, you will have to overpay.

Which would appear to mean that both teams are looking for the same kind of asset, and that this whole trade scenario simply isn't a good match.

cheers

Qvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 11:54 AM
IBLeaf*

Quote:
Ok. Time to move on.
Yes run along. If you are going to argue, don't make up stuff.

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 12:04 PM
IWD

Quote:
Ok. Time to move on.
Good. Apology accepted.

Old
06-19-2009, 06:04 PM
MitchRobichaud

Send a message via Skype™ to MitchRobichaud
I'm not a huge Zidlicky fan.. i like Harding a lot.. i think i'd rather have Harding and a pick for Kaberle... 12th perhaps.. and leafs would give a 3rd.. Harding is a very capable goalie. The leafs are rebuilding, so this deal would make sense... wether it happens.. welll.. doubtful

MitchRobichaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 01:53 PM
IBLeaf*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Puts an end to this ridiculous claim.

Old
06-20-2009, 02:22 PM
TeamSeals

I'll admit I kind of just jumped to the last page on this one just to see what was still being said about this rumor and it seems mostly that Leafs fans want more for Kaberle and while I don't disagree with what you think is fair for Kaberle because he is a very good player I don't think you are considering the Wild's side of the equation and why would they do this? They aren't one upgrade from Zidlicky to Kaberle away from winning the cup. In fact overall I don't think we become better than maybe one or two teams by making that upgrade and if we don't become significantly better (and we don't) why would we trade our best trading piece this offseason to do this? Harding will be shipped but for picks and prospects because we only have 1 legit prospect right now (Cuma) and only 1 pick in the first three rounds this draft. We need to re-stock, not upgrade one defenseman. If the Leafs like Harding then they need to come up with a picks and prospects offer not Kaberle (although if you want to swap Zidlicky for Kaberle straight up then where do I sign).

TeamSeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 02:50 PM
IBLeaf*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSeals View Post
I'll admit I kind of just jumped to the last page on this one just to see what was still being said about this rumor and it seems mostly that Leafs fans want more for Kaberle and while I don't disagree with what you think is fair for Kaberle because he is a very good player I don't think you are considering the Wild's side of the equation and why would they do this? They aren't one upgrade from Zidlicky to Kaberle away from winning the cup. In fact overall I don't think we become better than maybe one or two teams by making that upgrade and if we don't become significantly better (and we don't) why would we trade our best trading piece this offseason to do this? Harding will be shipped but for picks and prospects because we only have 1 legit prospect right now (Cuma) and only 1 pick in the first three rounds this draft. We need to re-stock, not upgrade one defenseman. If the Leafs like Harding then they need to come up with a picks and prospects offer not Kaberle (although if you want to swap Zidlicky for Kaberle straight up then where do I sign).
You can sign nowhere because Kaberle is better than Zidlicky. You won't get much for Harding in terms of top prospects/high draft picks because goalies don't have that much value in the NHL.

Old
06-20-2009, 02:55 PM
TeamSeals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraser View Post
You can sign nowhere because Kaberle is better than Zidlicky. You won't get much for Harding in terms of top prospects/high draft picks because goalies don't have that much value in the NHL.
Maybe it didn't show through but I was making a joke. Of course Kaberle is better than Zidlicky. And I guarantee you that Harding can fetch at least a second rounder because if a team is looking to take a goalie in round 2 they would probably prefer one that is already developed and played very well in the NHL and is ready to be the man. and right now a 2nd rounder is more meaningful to the Wild then an upgrade from Zidlicky to Kaberle.

TeamSeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 02:58 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Toskala? Vokoun? Raycroft? Leclaire? Kipper?

those guys didn't have a lot of value?

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 03:07 PM
piere McGuire*

the leafs will only trade kaberle for a draft pick and a B prospect

piere McGuire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 05:07 PM
IWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespeckledkiwi View Post
Toskala? Vokoun? Raycroft? Leclaire? Kipper?

those guys didn't have a lot of value?
The first three were already pretty well-established. You had a pretty good idea of what you were getting. And even Raycroft went for a prospect that was not nearly as highly-regarded as he currently is.

But the latter two actually strengthen his argument. Kipper was moved for a second-round pick when picks were less valuable than they are today. Leclaire was packaged with a second-round pick to land a 2nd liner. Another example is Bryzgalov.

I think the Leclaire package is the closest example of value, however. Similar ages, comparable skill, and stuck behind a better goaltender. And it's only 3 months removed from that trade.

Old
06-20-2009, 05:34 PM
embracedbias

Quote:
Ha ha. There are other teams to trade with instead of Toronto.

Edm, Avs, Blues, Philly, and others are probably looking for a promising young goalie who is ready for #1 duty.
So you agree that they are trying to move him?

There are other teams to trade with other than Minnesota.

How does any of this prove your point that it was Toronto who was going after Harding and not Minnesota going after Kaberle?

embracedbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 08:12 PM
nickschultzfan

Quote:
Puts an end to this ridiculous claim.
Actually, this proves how big of a moron spector and you are. Please, go check out the Wild message boards.

On those boards, any discussion about this rumor wasn't until after the start of this hfboards thread.

Old
06-21-2009, 01:46 AM
Ovechkid08

Toronto fans asking for more may be justified however the wild will not be throwing in anything more than a very low tier prospect. Our D is already very solid and is one of the only holes that we don't need filled (besides goaltending that we in fact weaken with this trade). We will be keeping the 12th for sure and sheppard, cuma, and gillies are not going to be touched at this point without overpayment. Pouliot can probably be had but I think that he might get one more chance in MN with a more offensive system.

I doubt this deal happens, however from a MN standpoint I like it. It would depend on whether Toronto feels that it is enough value and that their goalie situation is really that bad and I feel that they would need to have a higher value for Harding than most here feel. I believe that Harding can be a top 10 starter in this league at some point but it is a question so it all comes down to Toronto making the decision. MN will not be adding anymore (please tell me the Burns thing was a joke) as we are already low on prospects and, as I said earlier, we already are deep defensively so this is not a needed upgrade.

Ovechkid08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 03:24 AM
Letang fan 58
No More Fleury

if im a leaf fan i would love getting zidlicky and harding for kaberle. harding has a real shot to be a very good goaltender and zidlicky is really not that much of a downgrade from kaberle. both are soft and both can quarterback a pp.

Letang fan 58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 03:28 AM
Spamhuis

kabs is good buy hes no pronger no matter how burke hypes it

Spamhuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 07:59 AM
IBLeaf*

Quote:
Actually, this proves how big of a moron spector and you are. Please, go check out the Wild message boards.

On those boards, any discussion about this rumor wasn't until after the start of this hfboards thread.
You know, you can keep trying to put the blame on us for a bad proposal but the fact remains that Burke laughed off the rumour as if it was terrible value for Kaberle.

And you do realize that HFboards isn't the centre of the universe right?

Old
06-22-2009, 08:15 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
Quote:
You know, you can keep trying to put the blame on us for a bad proposal but the fact remains that Burke laughed off the rumour as if it was terrible value for Kaberle.

And you do realize that HFboards isn't the centre of the universe right?

yes, most of us are fully aware that the HFboards aren't the center of anything. That's why there are so few of us that bother posting.

Whoever started the rumor, it assuredly wasn't Wild fans. Kaberle's name comes up (we did get it from here) and of course we want to speculate on it, but he isn't they type of player that most of us covet or think about. Swapping one softie for another (albeit more skilled) softie isn't enough to make us jump on board with the "lets give up a ton of assets to get this guy" train.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote