HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kaberle to The Wild for Zidlicky and Harding

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-19-2009, 09:15 AM
  #226
IWD
...
 
IWD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: Spain
Posts: 5,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
Clearly, this is a rumor where Toronto is interested in Harding. The Wild's D is already set. Toronto needs a long-term goalie solution. But Toronto doesn't have many trade assets whether they like to admit that or not.

Kaberle is one of Toronto's few tradeable assets, especially to the Wild, who really wouldn't accept any other player from Toronto but Kaberle. Leafs fans may be confused by this, because you all thought Moore was amazing, but the majority of the league (except not the Sabres) knew that he wasn't worth crap.

So, the conversation went -> Harding -> Kaberle -> Zidlicky. Not the other way around.
Nonsense. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it.

Players of Harding's calibre are worth very little. If you disagree, then you really haven't been paying attention to recent transactions involving unestablished starting goaltenders. If Kaberle is Fletcher's demand, then I'm sure Burke would move on and deal with someone who won't waste his time.

IWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 10:06 AM
  #227
grabo84
Registered User
 
grabo84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
Leafs fans may be confused by this, because you all thought Moore was amazing, but the majority of the league (except the Sabres) knew that he wasn't worth crap.
Hahaha, what? You've got to be kidding me.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 10:14 AM
  #228
nickschultzfan
Registered User
 
nickschultzfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azazel View Post
Nonsense. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it.

Players of Harding's calibre are worth very little. If you disagree, then you really haven't been paying attention to recent transactions involving unestablished starting goaltenders. If Kaberle is Fletcher's demand, then I'm sure Burke would move on and deal with someone who won't waste his time.
Ok. Time to move on.

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 11:07 AM
  #229
embracedbias
Registered User
 
embracedbias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Waterloo
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,917
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
Clearly, this is a rumor where Toronto is interested in Harding. The Wild's D is already set. Toronto needs a long-term goalie solution. But Toronto doesn't have many trade assets whether they like to admit that or not.

Kaberle is one of Toronto's few tradeable assets, especially to the Wild, who really wouldn't accept any other player from Toronto but Kaberle. Leafs fans may be confused by this, because you all thought Moore was amazing, but the majority of the league (except the Sabres) knew that he wasn't worth crap.

So, the conversation went -> Harding -> Kaberle -> Zidlicky. Not the other way around.

There are plenty of other teams interested in Harding.
So, considering that Backstrom was resigned, Minnesota isn't trying to trade away their RFA back-up goaltender?

Burke has said explicitly that he feels no need to trade Kaberle. If the right deal comes along, sure... but I would be VERY surprised if he was using Kaberle to find a young unproven goalie.

embracedbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 11:42 AM
  #230
nickschultzfan
Registered User
 
nickschultzfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by embracedbias View Post
So, considering that Backstrom was resigned, Minnesota isn't trying to trade away their RFA back-up goaltender?

Burke has said explicitly that he feels no need to trade Kaberle. If the right deal comes along, sure... but I would be VERY surprised if he was using Kaberle to find a young unproven goalie.
Ha ha. There are other teams to trade with instead of Toronto.

Edm, Avs, Blues, Philly, and others are probably looking for a promising young goalie who is ready for #1 duty.

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 11:49 AM
  #231
Qvist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocksta18 View Post
The argument is that our 1st is more valuable to us than Kaberle. You have to take into other variables instead of just strictly looking at a 1st pick and Kaberle, you have to look at what both teams are doing. In Minnesota's case, we have a new GM, Coach, etc. We have Cuma...and, Cuma. Falk/Stoner/Scandella....we have no 2nd or 3rd this year, so our 1st becomes extremely valuable, to us. If we were a cup contender, I would agree with you 100%. But we are not, we need that pick so in order to get it, you will have to overpay.

Which would appear to mean that both teams are looking for the same kind of asset, and that this whole trade scenario simply isn't a good match.

cheers

Qvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 11:54 AM
  #232
IBLeaf*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oakville, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
Ok. Time to move on.
Yes run along. If you are going to argue, don't make up stuff.

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 12:04 PM
  #233
IWD
...
 
IWD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: Spain
Posts: 5,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
Ok. Time to move on.
Good. Apology accepted.

IWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2009, 06:04 PM
  #234
MitchRobichaud
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 406
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to MitchRobichaud
I'm not a huge Zidlicky fan.. i like Harding a lot.. i think i'd rather have Harding and a pick for Kaberle... 12th perhaps.. and leafs would give a 3rd.. Harding is a very capable goalie. The leafs are rebuilding, so this deal would make sense... wether it happens.. welll.. doubtful

MitchRobichaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 01:53 PM
  #235
IBLeaf*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oakville, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Puts an end to this ridiculous claim.

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 02:22 PM
  #236
TeamSeals
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Minnetonka
Country: United States
Posts: 561
vCash: 500
I'll admit I kind of just jumped to the last page on this one just to see what was still being said about this rumor and it seems mostly that Leafs fans want more for Kaberle and while I don't disagree with what you think is fair for Kaberle because he is a very good player I don't think you are considering the Wild's side of the equation and why would they do this? They aren't one upgrade from Zidlicky to Kaberle away from winning the cup. In fact overall I don't think we become better than maybe one or two teams by making that upgrade and if we don't become significantly better (and we don't) why would we trade our best trading piece this offseason to do this? Harding will be shipped but for picks and prospects because we only have 1 legit prospect right now (Cuma) and only 1 pick in the first three rounds this draft. We need to re-stock, not upgrade one defenseman. If the Leafs like Harding then they need to come up with a picks and prospects offer not Kaberle (although if you want to swap Zidlicky for Kaberle straight up then where do I sign).

TeamSeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 02:50 PM
  #237
IBLeaf*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oakville, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSeals View Post
I'll admit I kind of just jumped to the last page on this one just to see what was still being said about this rumor and it seems mostly that Leafs fans want more for Kaberle and while I don't disagree with what you think is fair for Kaberle because he is a very good player I don't think you are considering the Wild's side of the equation and why would they do this? They aren't one upgrade from Zidlicky to Kaberle away from winning the cup. In fact overall I don't think we become better than maybe one or two teams by making that upgrade and if we don't become significantly better (and we don't) why would we trade our best trading piece this offseason to do this? Harding will be shipped but for picks and prospects because we only have 1 legit prospect right now (Cuma) and only 1 pick in the first three rounds this draft. We need to re-stock, not upgrade one defenseman. If the Leafs like Harding then they need to come up with a picks and prospects offer not Kaberle (although if you want to swap Zidlicky for Kaberle straight up then where do I sign).
You can sign nowhere because Kaberle is better than Zidlicky. You won't get much for Harding in terms of top prospects/high draft picks because goalies don't have that much value in the NHL.

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 02:55 PM
  #238
TeamSeals
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Minnetonka
Country: United States
Posts: 561
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraser View Post
You can sign nowhere because Kaberle is better than Zidlicky. You won't get much for Harding in terms of top prospects/high draft picks because goalies don't have that much value in the NHL.
Maybe it didn't show through but I was making a joke. Of course Kaberle is better than Zidlicky. And I guarantee you that Harding can fetch at least a second rounder because if a team is looking to take a goalie in round 2 they would probably prefer one that is already developed and played very well in the NHL and is ready to be the man. and right now a 2nd rounder is more meaningful to the Wild then an upgrade from Zidlicky to Kaberle.

TeamSeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 02:58 PM
  #239
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 18,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraser View Post
You can sign nowhere because Kaberle is better than Zidlicky. You won't get much for Harding in terms of top prospects/high draft picks because goalies don't have that much value in the NHL.
Toskala? Vokoun? Raycroft? Leclaire? Kipper?

those guys didn't have a lot of value?

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 03:07 PM
  #240
piere McGuire*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto,ON
Posts: 693
vCash: 500
the leafs will only trade kaberle for a draft pick and a B prospect

piere McGuire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 05:07 PM
  #241
IWD
...
 
IWD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: Spain
Posts: 5,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thespeckledkiwi View Post
Toskala? Vokoun? Raycroft? Leclaire? Kipper?

those guys didn't have a lot of value?
The first three were already pretty well-established. You had a pretty good idea of what you were getting. And even Raycroft went for a prospect that was not nearly as highly-regarded as he currently is.

But the latter two actually strengthen his argument. Kipper was moved for a second-round pick when picks were less valuable than they are today. Leclaire was packaged with a second-round pick to land a 2nd liner. Another example is Bryzgalov.

I think the Leclaire package is the closest example of value, however. Similar ages, comparable skill, and stuck behind a better goaltender. And it's only 3 months removed from that trade.

IWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 05:34 PM
  #242
embracedbias
Registered User
 
embracedbias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Waterloo
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,917
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
Ha ha. There are other teams to trade with instead of Toronto.

Edm, Avs, Blues, Philly, and others are probably looking for a promising young goalie who is ready for #1 duty.
So you agree that they are trying to move him?

There are other teams to trade with other than Minnesota.

How does any of this prove your point that it was Toronto who was going after Harding and not Minnesota going after Kaberle?

embracedbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 08:12 PM
  #243
nickschultzfan
Registered User
 
nickschultzfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraser View Post
Puts an end to this ridiculous claim.
Actually, this proves how big of a moron spector and you are. Please, go check out the Wild message boards.

On those boards, any discussion about this rumor wasn't until after the start of this hfboards thread.

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 01:46 AM
  #244
Ovechkid08
Registered User
 
Ovechkid08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Eden Prairie, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,025
vCash: 500
Toronto fans asking for more may be justified however the wild will not be throwing in anything more than a very low tier prospect. Our D is already very solid and is one of the only holes that we don't need filled (besides goaltending that we in fact weaken with this trade). We will be keeping the 12th for sure and sheppard, cuma, and gillies are not going to be touched at this point without overpayment. Pouliot can probably be had but I think that he might get one more chance in MN with a more offensive system.

I doubt this deal happens, however from a MN standpoint I like it. It would depend on whether Toronto feels that it is enough value and that their goalie situation is really that bad and I feel that they would need to have a higher value for Harding than most here feel. I believe that Harding can be a top 10 starter in this league at some point but it is a question so it all comes down to Toronto making the decision. MN will not be adding anymore (please tell me the Burns thing was a joke) as we are already low on prospects and, as I said earlier, we already are deep defensively so this is not a needed upgrade.

Ovechkid08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 03:24 AM
  #245
Letang fan 58
No More Fleury
 
Letang fan 58's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,774
vCash: 500
if im a leaf fan i would love getting zidlicky and harding for kaberle. harding has a real shot to be a very good goaltender and zidlicky is really not that much of a downgrade from kaberle. both are soft and both can quarterback a pp.

Letang fan 58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 03:28 AM
  #246
Spamhuis
Registered User
 
Spamhuis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,939
vCash: 500
kabs is good buy hes no pronger no matter how burke hypes it

Spamhuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 07:59 AM
  #247
IBLeaf*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oakville, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
Actually, this proves how big of a moron spector and you are. Please, go check out the Wild message boards.

On those boards, any discussion about this rumor wasn't until after the start of this hfboards thread.
You know, you can keep trying to put the blame on us for a bad proposal but the fact remains that Burke laughed off the rumour as if it was terrible value for Kaberle.

And you do realize that HFboards isn't the centre of the universe right?

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 08:15 AM
  #248
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 21,387
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraser View Post
You know, you can keep trying to put the blame on us for a bad proposal but the fact remains that Burke laughed off the rumour as if it was terrible value for Kaberle.

And you do realize that HFboards isn't the centre of the universe right?

yes, most of us are fully aware that the HFboards aren't the center of anything. That's why there are so few of us that bother posting.

Whoever started the rumor, it assuredly wasn't Wild fans. Kaberle's name comes up (we did get it from here) and of course we want to speculate on it, but he isn't they type of player that most of us covet or think about. Swapping one softie for another (albeit more skilled) softie isn't enough to make us jump on board with the "lets give up a ton of assets to get this guy" train.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.