HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Paille to the Kings

Old
06-21-2009, 12:40 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Paille to the Kings

Just curious what he would cost.

Purcell?

I have noticed him every time I've watched the Sabres. Kings need a 3rd line LW to play with Zus and Simmonds. Daniel seems to have some good grit to his game, how is his defensive coverage? What do Sabres fans think of him? Is he a fan favorite requiring a huge overpayment (like Simmonds is to us), or could he be had? From taking a quick look at the Sabres roster and prospect list, looks like they are thin at RW, hence suggesting Purcell.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 12:59 AM
Better Call Saul

I loved Paille in 2007-08 (even bought his jersey), but he was below average and played uninterested last season, which was hugely disappointing. DP's in a place now where he has quite a bit to prove to get back on the good sides of both the coach and the fans, but I'd rather hang on to him because of his potential upside as a checking-line LW. When Paille's focused, he brings physicality, solid defensive play and even some scoring touch. The Sabres don't exactly have a lot of young, NHL-ready forwards who can combine those qualities.

Better Call Saul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 01:08 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Just curious what he would cost.

Purcell?

I have noticed him every time I've watched the Sabres. Kings need a 3rd line LW to play with Zus and Simmonds. Daniel seems to have some good grit to his game, how is his defensive coverage? What do Sabres fans think of him? Is he a fan favorite requiring a huge overpayment (like Simmonds is to us), or could he be had? From taking a quick look at the Sabres roster and prospect list, looks like they are thin at RW, hence suggesting Purcell.
LW to play Handzus and Simmonds is Trevor Lewis.. Pointless thread

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 01:14 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
LW to play Handzus and Simmonds is Trevor Lewis.. Pointless thread
I think Trevor Lewis is 4th line center next year meant to replace Handzus in 2 years.

Its certainly not out of the question he could take that spot, but unless Boyle gives someone a reason to give him regular minutes or Armstrong gets resigned (both of which I am highly skeptical of happening), Lewis looks to be playing center.

Its not like I'm to the only one thinks the Kings need a LW for that spot. Haven't you suggested Moen on multiple occassions?? (sorry if you haven't and I'm thinking of someone else)

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 06:44 AM
Duddy
Everyday is

Center prospect with size or 2nd round pick.

Duddy is offline   Reply With Quote