HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Patrick Eaves to Pittsburgh

Old
06-20-2009, 06:33 PM
VikingAv
Go Sioux!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Babchuk View Post
LaRose is another guy who did basically nothing while rotting on the third/fourth lines here, then randomly exploded for 19 goals (all even strength or shorthanded) this past season while playing mostly with Cullen and Whitney.
This explains LaRose's great season. He was playing with Ray Whitney, imo the most underrated player in the NHL for god knows how many years.

VikingAv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 07:00 PM
LongHorn Pen
BTR-ATL Pen

No offense to Whitney, but I think LaRose could do something with Staal or Malkin.

With that in mind, why not just trade Dupuis at the draft and sign Larose on the 1st. Then you would have Larose, Kennedy, and Talbot to move up and down the lineup as needed.

LongHorn Pen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 10:23 PM
Blueline Bomber
Noah MAN-ifin

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingAv View Post
This explains LaRose's great season. He was playing with Ray Whitney, imo the most underrated player in the NHL for god knows how many years.
Whitney's highly underrated, but I'd attribute a lot of the success of LaRose to his uncanny ability to be at the right place at the right time. You look at his goal highlights, you don't see a lot of wristshot goals. You see him finding open space, looking for that rebound chance and cashing in.

Blueline Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 10:46 PM
Karlssonlee

Great kid, works extremely hard. One of my favorite players on the Sens.

He really truely believes that he's 6'3 215lbs lol.

Karlssonlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 06:25 AM
sgupca

Eaves for Dupris?

sgupca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 12:22 PM
vecens24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatonRougePen View Post
No offense to Whitney, but I think LaRose could do something with Staal or Malkin.

With that in mind, why not just trade Dupuis at the draft and sign Larose on the 1st. Then you would have Larose, Kennedy, and Talbot to move up and down the lineup as needed.
Eh, not a bad idea, but we need a legit 2nd liner. A guy who I know will put home 25 with Evgeni Malkin as his center. I'm not sure that LaRose will do that....

Not a bad player by any means but we have two of him in Kennedy and Talbot, which you kinda mentioned above. No reason to sign him for the 2M its goign to take.

But yes you're right the Pens need to trade Dupuis.

vecens24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 12:48 PM
Eternal Sunshine

basic trade = Dupuis for Eaves, let Eaves play on either Sid's or Gino's line and he will score 30 goals pretty handily I'd imagine.

Eternal Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote