HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Col-Ott Trade

Old
06-21-2009, 03:59 PM
AvsGuy

vCash: 500
Col-Ott Trade

To Colorado:

Dany Heatley, Anton Volchenkov

To Ottawa:

Wojtek Wolski, Scott Hannan, 1st round pick in 2010

AvsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 04:01 PM
Saren
Multi Pass!

LOL Ottawa gets shafted. Add Spezza while you're at it.

Saren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 04:03 PM
slapshot14phil*

Change the first round pick in 10 to 09 and take out Scott Hannan and put in 2nd in 2010.

slapshot14phil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 04:07 PM
Semin

Great trade, we get a sniper, and a D-men who can block tons of shots. And we dont got to give up our first ruonder this year.

Semin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 04:08 PM
NOTENOUGHBREWER

They say the team who gets the best player in the trade wins it. Avs get arguably the 2 best players. I love it

NOTENOUGHBREWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 04:12 PM
The King of Town

I like that we don't even get this year's first rounder.

The King of Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 04:12 PM
BeerandHockey
╚(_)╝

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsGuy View Post
To Colorado:

To Ottawa:

Wojtek Wolski, Scott Hannan, 2nd round pick in 2010
wow,...no. Volchenkov is a freaking machine. He is a player every GM would want him on their team. We are really not that desperate to get rid of Heatley.

Wolski did not even hit 15 goals last year, and Scott Hannan was the worst +/- guy on the Avs at -21...

So Basically we give up an elite sniper and the Atrain, for a 2nd/3rd line player, a poor mans version of Volchenkov, and a 2nd round pick that history shows will only work out as a regular NHLer 25% of the time.

BeerandHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 04:17 PM
LordLucic*

LOL. I don't think that package gets you Volchenkov, let alone Heatley with him.

Awful proposal.

LordLucic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 04:19 PM
Pyke*

Being from Ottawa, but a Colorado fan, this makes me laugh. Colorado wins this easily.

And I like Wolski. Scott Hannan isn't the player he used to be, and in any case, he's older than Volchenkov who is better at what he does then Hannan.

Heatley >>>> Wolski
Volchenkov >> Hannan
Nothing < 2010 1st.

The 2010 1st doesn't even come close to making this an even trade.

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 04:26 PM
slapshot14phil*

Volchenkov is a BEAST i wouldn't trade him to colorado for Wolski and Hannan together.

slapshot14phil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 04:29 PM
Pyke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonjon12 View Post
Volchenkov is a BEAST i wouldn't trade him to colorado for Wolski and Hannan together.
I'd consider it. Wolski is an elite forward.

Volchenkov is a great defenceman, but the reality is almost everyone is expendable and if the Sens trade Heatley, a player like Wolski back might make sense.

But again, being that I'm a Colorado fan as well; I like players on both teams and likely think higher of them then non-Colorado fans.

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 04:36 PM
HSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke View Post
I'd consider it. Wolski is an elite forward.

Volchenkov is a great defenceman, but the reality is almost everyone is expendable and if the Sens trade Heatley, a player like Wolski back might make sense.

But again, being that I'm a Colorado fan as well; I like players on both teams and likely think higher of them then non-Colorado fans.
lol...

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 04:54 PM
AvsGuy

If I've underestimate the value of Volchenkov, then I apologize, but if you think teams are going to be clamoring to offer anything more than this package for Dany Heatley + Dany Heatley's trade request + Dany Heatley's contract, then think again.

Old
06-21-2009, 05:07 PM
Bonzai12

Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
I think the OP involved Hannan strictly for cap reasons - I highly doubt he thought Ottawa was craving for an overpaid defenseman.

Not a good trade, but at least give the guy some credit for putting up a proposal that included financial considerations.

The main pieces of the trade are basically Heatley for Wolski and a pick if you want to make broad generalizations on talent being exchanged.

Bonzai12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 05:09 PM
Phaser

Quote:
If I've underestimate the value of Volchenkov, then I apologize, but if you think teams are going to be clamoring to offer anything more than this package for Dany Heatley + Dany Heatley's trade request + Dany Heatley's contract, then think again.
If ottawa trades Heatley before the draft, then a first round pick will be included. Your proposal is good if COL 1st this year is added. And yes, some teams will offer more than that (Wolski is the only attractive piece in your proposal). And Ottawa is not going to trade Volchenkov.

Phaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 05:15 PM
GuruOfHockey

Quote:
To Colorado:

To Ottawa:

You Know what the Sens fans would go for, change that 2010 1st to the 2009 1st and it would be a done deal.

GuruOfHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 05:16 PM
Senator67s

Quote:
To Colorado:

To Ottawa:

So here I am thinking I've joined this great new site and one of the first threads I open is this?
That proposal wouldn't even get the Avs a sniff of Heatley alone, never mind adding Volchenkov.
You could manke it the 1st rounder on 0- instead of next years and I'm still not sure the Sens pull the trigger.

Senator67s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 05:25 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator67s View Post
So here I am thinking I've joined this great new site and one of the first threads I open is this?
That proposal wouldn't even get the Avs a sniff of Heatley alone, never mind adding Volchenkov.
You could manke it the 1st rounder on 0- instead of next years and I'm still not sure the Sens pull the trigger.
believe me - get out while you're still can.

To whoever said that they wouldnt do that package for volchenkov alone, well, i agree. Take out Hannan and maybe i trade volchenkov for wolski and colorado's 1st '10.

To add heatley to that, you really do need to change that 1st to the 3rd overall this year.

Of course, knowing colorado's cap problems this year, it's next to impossible for this trade to actually happen, so there really is no point in discussing it.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 05:42 PM
AvsGuy

Volchenkov or not, Ottawa's not getting the 3rd overall pick in an excellent draft for a guy who asked to be traded.

Wolski and a 1st in 2010 for Heatley is probably generous given that the Senators hands are tied and everyone knows it.

Old
06-21-2009, 05:46 PM
ttam103

Quote:
Volchenkov or not, Ottawa's not getting the 3rd overall pick in an excellent draft for a guy who asked to be traded.

Wolski and a 1st in 2010 for Heatley is probably generous given that the Senators hands are tied and everyone knows it.
Hand tied to what? Keeping him in Ottawa? Heatleys not holding out or anything.

ttam103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 05:48 PM
detrude
(╯□)╯ ︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
LOL Ottawa gets shafted. Add Spezza while you're at it.
But then we'd have to add the exclusive negotiating rights to Tyler Arnason . If you're lucky, maybe we'll add in Darcy Tucker.

detrude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 06:02 PM
4thliner*

Quote:

Oh yeah, you and who?

Avs don't have a prayer at Heatley without their 1st pick as part of the package. You'd think they way you are talking the Avs have the #1 pick which would be used to take Hedman.

Everyone knows LA is more than wiling to deal the 5th, which is just about as good as 3rd, in a backage for Heatley. The overhyped Duchene isnt any better than Kane. He is a lesser scorer and heck of a lot softer. He isnt that much better than Schenn either even if fantasy scouts have him rubbing shoulders with the offensive wizard that is Tavares, who I am sure Duchene is nowhere near as offensively gifted. So they try to equalize by the skating, 'complete game' rubbish and mentored by Cody Hodgson stuff.

Everyone knows Hedman and Tavares are playing in the NHL next year, and in the case of at least Tavares he has a real shot to compete for ROY doe to his offensive capabilities. Duchene wont crack the NHL next fall.

If some idoit takes Duchene ahead of those 2, then you are talking.

4thliner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 06:06 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:

Oh wow son, get some education. Murray has stated he refuses to trade Heatley if he doesn't get back fair value. He would rather suspend him and use the cap space as opposed to trading Heatley for ****, aka your proposal. Honestly, you are constantly making yourself seem less and less intelligent.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 06:09 PM
NWAvs

Heatley for Wolski straight up

NWAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 06:09 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

vCash: 277
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
So based on your original proposal, you believe Volchenkov is worth Hannan and his bloated contract?

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote