HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Col-Ott Trade

Old
06-21-2009, 06:10 PM
AvsGuy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thliner View Post
He isnít that much better than Schenn either even if fantasy scouts have him rubbing shoulders with the offensive wizard that is Tavares, who I am sure Duchene is nowhere near as offensively gifted.
Oh, well, if YOU'RE sure, then ok. Never mind what the scouts for each NHL club are saying, as long as YOU'RE sure.

If the original package sucks, then fine. Every Sens fan will ***** about every trade proposal for the next few months anyways, because when Heatley gets traded, it won't be even close to fair value for a player of his caliber and you know that.

But to say that a player who ASKED to be traded is worth such a high pick in such a good draft is a pipe dream, for reasons I've already given. It would literally take both Heatley and Volchenkov for the Avs to move that pick.

AvsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 06:10 PM
Pyke*

Just to clarify:
I am in no way suggesting I would do the original deal. However, if a GM asked me Wolski + 1st in 2010 + Hannan for Volchenkov, I'd probably say yes. That was all I was trying to say.

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 06:18 PM
4thliner*

Wolski who is already 23 and was a 14 goal and 40 pt scorer for Dany freaking Heatley is a joke IMO.

Heatley is a legit 50/100 guy superstar at 28, who scored 39 goals last year, his worst season since his rookie season when he won rookie of the year in a disastrous season for the Ottawa team as a whole. This guy scored 41 goals and 90 pts his sophomore year in the NHL and back to back 50 goals 100+ pt seasons in Ottawa.

Who the heck is Wojtek Wolski?? He is that decent prospect that came out of the battalion who still hasnít done much in the NHL.

He wouldnít even be the centerpiece in the deal let alone straight up lol, it would have to be the 1st round pick.

Last edited by 4thliner*: 06-21-2009 at 06:24 PM.
4thliner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 06:20 PM
4thliner*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsGuy View Post
Oh, well, if YOU'RE sure, then ok. Never mind what the scouts for each NHL club are saying, as long as YOU'RE sure.

If the original package sucks, then fine. Every Sens fan will ***** about every trade proposal for the next few months anyways, because when Heatley gets traded, it won't be even close to fair value for a player of his caliber and you know that.

But to say that a player who ASKED to be traded is worth such a high pick in such a good draft is a pipe dream, for reasons I've already given. It would literally take both Heatley and Volchenkov for the Avs to move that pick.

4thliner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 06:47 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 106
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
ahh man, top 3 fails for Heatley attempts

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 06:48 PM
NWAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thliner View Post
Wolski who is already 23 and was a 14 goal and 40 pt scorer for Dany freaking Heatley is a joke IMO.

Heatley is a legit 50/100 guy superstar at 28, who scored 39 goals last year, his worst season since his rookie season when he won rookie of the year in a disastrous season for the Ottawa team as a whole. This guy scored 41 goals and 90 pts his sophomore year in the NHL and back to back 50 goals 100+ pt seasons in Ottawa.

Who the heck is Wojtek Wolski?? He is that decent prospect that came out of the battalion who still hasnít done much in the NHL.

He wouldnít even be the centerpiece in the deal let alone straight up lol, it would have to be the 1st round pick.

Calm down, I was kidding. Hence the ""

NWAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 07:18 PM
NHL33*

Lousy proposal, there's no defending it.

NHL33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 07:19 PM
johnathan

Quote:
If I've underestimate the value of Volchenkov, then I apologize, but if you think teams are going to be clamoring to offer anything more than this package for Dany Heatley + Dany Heatley's trade request + Dany Heatley's contract, then think again.
Volch alone is worth the package. Even thought Heatley is demanding a trade, he will not just be given away for nothing. Considering his stats and that this was his worst year with 39 goals is pretty impressive. Players like this don't just get given away. Yes Heatley may be asking for a trade, but he has much more value then that. If you were Ottawa would you trade Heatley for that, common.

johnathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 07:33 PM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

vCash: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWAvs View Post
Calm down, I was kidding. Hence the ""
He was responding to the original poster who said it will take Heatley and Volchenkov to make the Avs move the 3rd overall.

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 07:51 PM
Kamina
Amok

Here's what your offer should be.

To Colorado:
Dany Heatley

To Ottawa:
1st round pick in 2009 (3rd overall)
Wojtek Wolski

Kamina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 07:54 PM
P U L L H A R D
Picca Slice

vCash: 420
This one might work in NHL 09, but c'mon.

P U L L H A R D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 07:58 PM
mytor4*

Quote:

Where do these poeple come from. I swear that every proposal for Heatley just gets worst and worst with this one being just a joke.If you think that it would take both Heatley and Volchenkov for the Avs to move their pick. all i can say is you better lay off that pipe your smoking.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 08:13 PM
KingJet*
Welcome Back

Col:
Heatley

Ott:
Wolski
1st 09
Statsny

KingJet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 08:14 PM
slapshot14phil*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven93 View Post
Col:
Heatley

Ott:
Wolski
1st 09
Statsny
take statsny out...

Heatley for 1st 09 and Wolski would be good.

slapshot14phil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 08:15 PM
shadow1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven93 View Post
Col:
Heatley

Ott:
Wolski
1st 09
Statsny
Not even in NHL 09 does this trade work. That's how bad it is.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 08:15 PM
DG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
LOL Ottawa gets shafted. Add Spezza while you're at it.
Heatley for Wolski and Volchenkov for Hannan and 1st 10? Absolutely shameful.

Ottawa gives up the two best players...

Agreed with Heatley for 1st 09 and Wolski for starters.

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 08:24 PM
SpezDispenser

That package would get you Volckenkov and perhaps a piece of little significance.

Make a real proposal for Heatley.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 08:29 PM
DG

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
That package would get you Volckenkov and perhaps a piece of little significance.

Make a real proposal for Heatley.
To be honest, I don't know if I'd trade Volchenkov for that package.

No interest in Hannan... I don't want that salary.

Wolski and the 1st in '10 don't know make it up for me.

Much rather keep and re-sign Volchenkov for life.

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 08:35 PM
AvsGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper View Post
Where do these poeple come from. I swear that every proposal for Heatley just gets worst and worst with this one being just a joke.If you think that it would take both Heatley and Volchenkov for the Avs to move their pick. all i can say is you better lay off that pipe your smoking.
Spell check, bro. Weirdly enough, that applies to most Sens fans that have posted so far.

I'm not denying that Heatley is a great player. What I AM saying is that: a) His salary is too high for most teams to swallow, b) His value is at a career low because he ASKED for a trade, and c) Colorado more likely than not has a death-grip on that #3 pick, seeing as they haven't picked this high in a long time. Any one of the top 3 this year has excellent potential and could probably step into the Avs line-up immediately, and for ALL THOSE REASONS, Heatley alone would not get that 3rd overall pick from the Avs.

AvsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 08:39 PM
Chalupa Batman
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamina View Post

To Colorado:
Dany Heatley

To Ottawa:
Wojtek Wolski
Why should that be the offer? If I'm Colorado, that's not my offer.

Chalupa Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 08:41 PM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

vCash: 860
Quote:
Spell check, bro. Weirdly enough, that applies to most Sens fans that have posted so far.

I'm not denying that Heatley is a great player. What I AM saying is that: a) His salary is too high for most teams to swallow, b) His value is at a career low because he ASKED for a trade, and c) Colorado more likely than not has a death-grip on that #3 pick, seeing as they haven't picked this high in a long time. Any one of the top 3 this year has excellent potential and could probably step into the Avs line-up immediately, and for ALL THOSE REASONS, Heatley alone would not get that 3rd overall pick from the Avs.
We understand that but Heatley and Volchenkov have a lot more value than Wolski, Hannan and a 2010 1st. You make it seem like he has little to know value and we'd be doing you a favor by giving him to you. He's got 180 goals in the past 4 seasons and has been one of the best goal scorers since the lockout.

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 08:46 PM
mytor4*

Quote:

You can try to come up with all the reasons you like but there is no way that Ott would trade Heatley and Volchenkov for the Avs 1st rd pick. Your dreaming if you think that the Avs wouldn't trade their 1st rd pick for Heatley. The Avs would jump over an offer of Heatley for their 1st rd pick but keep dreaming and amusing the rest of us.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 08:52 PM
shadow1

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper View Post
You can try to come up with all the reasons you like but there is no way that Ott would trade Heatley and Volchenkov for the Avs 1st rd pick. Your dreaming if you think that the Avs wouldn't trade their 1st rd pick for Heatley. The Avs would jump over an offer of Heatley for their 1st rd pick but keep dreaming and amusing the rest of us.
You're*

No, I'm pretty sure it's more beneficial to the Avs to draft an 18 year old instead of a 28 year old who asking for a trade because he was taken off the top power play unit.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 09:02 PM
AvalancheRy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamina View Post

To Colorado:
Dany Heatley

To Ottawa:
Wojtek Wolski
I don't care if that is fair value wise, I wouldn't make that deal. The Avs are way too thin at basically all levels to be dealing their two best young assets. Wolski has been a disappointment, yes, but anyone who has seen him play knows the kid has some serious potential. If he is traded it will be for Harding, Halak or something like that. Not to mention Heatley would push the Avs further into the cap, which can't happen.

And while Heatley is a great talent, he hasn't really proven to be a winner. I wouldn't want to trade for him unless we could somehow get a bargain. It won't happen ofcourse so this thread should be over.

AvalancheRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 03:05 AM
Pyke*

The Avs are just poor trading partners with the Sens. They're arguably entering a rebuilding phase, need their prospects.

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote