HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Just read the Hot Seat article on TSN...

Closed Thread

Old
10-13-2004, 09:44 AM
NYVanfan

vCash: 500
Just read the Hot Seat article on TSN...

..McKenzie and Miller grilling the NHL guy and the NHLPA guy... and my overall impression is that these ****** ain't getting it together any time soon.

While this is likely not news for most, for me, who was holding onto hope that they'd get it together in January at the latest, if not sooner, this is a nasty wake up call that basically amounts to a year and a half of ****** television.

Anyway, it leads me to the next question -- assuming there is a season starting this time next year, what will be the impact on the Canucks, relative to the other teams. I think we're no longer one of the younger up & coming teams ..a lot of our guys will be in their 30s next year..? And what about contracts -- are all existing contracts frozen for now and will just pick up whenever they start playing, or how will that work?

I suppose one positive is that we may be able to scoop up Scott Niedermeyer next summer ....but still, I can't shake a nasty feeling that we are like the Expos the year of the MLB strike ...ready to peak, but getting hosed by this nonsense. Ah, maybe it's just the overall depression & beers...

Old
10-13-2004, 09:56 AM
Eddie Vedder

this lockout is so F#cking stupid.

the players are ******, plain and simple. Im one of the biggest fans of this sport.. i play 2 or 3 times a week, and i watched any nhl game, every canucks game obviously, but EVERY game that was on, if i could, i'd watch some of it atleast.

Not anymore. Especially cause they arnt even talking. they could atleast pretend for my benefit

screw the nhl.

Old
10-13-2004, 12:41 PM
struckmatch

Exactly, this is just pathetic. Aren't Bettman and Goodenow educated enough to know that being stubborn with a "my way or the highway" attitude is not going to work, COMPROMISE is the key, but these two dumbasses refuse to see that.

Today was supposed to be the Canucks @ Sharks, instead I'll be sitting here reading my Poli Sci textbook, see what they've done?! I'll be reading!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread