HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Steve Reinprecht for Stefan Meyer [PHX/FLA], Yotes re-sign Prucha

Old
06-20-2009, 03:22 AM
Gudbranson4Prez
Yu - Behr - Doe

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
Stefen Meyer is a good, good player. He may have been passed over in the Flordia depth chart but I can tell you as a Medicine Hat Tiger season ticket holder...and seeing this kid play...he is a player - and he can score. I am not saying 40+ goals...more likely 20+ at the NHL level. In many respects he will probably follow a similar path as his former team mate (and current Red Wing) Darren Helm.

This is, IMO, a good deal for Phoex and good value for an UFA player.
Sorry but you are wayy off... He has a good junior shot and that's it... He's slow and tough nowhere near Helm... He'd get 5 goals and be -50 in a whole season

Gudbranson4Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 03:29 AM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballard4Prez View Post
Sorry but you are wayy off... He has a good junior shot and that's it... He's slow and tough nowhere near Helm... He'd get 5 goals and be -50 in a whole season
And you made you came to this conclusion in his 10 minutes of career ice time? Sorry but the fact that the coyotes(salary dump or not) traded an nhl player for this guy straight up and the fact that a season ticket holder for the medicine hat tigers says good things about him means more to me than somebody who saw him play 2 minutes a game.

Tavaresmagicalplay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 03:33 AM
BritSabre
Patrick's Eye Shadow

Phoenix loses one of the few veterans on the roster...

BritSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 03:40 AM
Gudbranson4Prez
Yu - Behr - Doe

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaBargnani View Post
And you made you came to this conclusion in his 10 minutes of career ice time? Sorry but the fact that the coyotes(salary dump or not) traded an nhl player for this guy straight up and the fact that a season ticket holder for the medicine hat tigers says good things about him means more to me than somebody who saw him play 2 minutes a game.
Is what it is... from watching Roch games, looking at production and watching no progression in Training Camp for 5 years...

Is what it is, we dealt a prospect we weren't going to qualify and Phoenix gave up somebody they were going to lose for nothing for a good AHL role player, nothing more...

Gudbranson4Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 09:57 AM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMapleLaughs View Post
Phoenix is going to be bleeding internally for awhile.

Won't be surprised if Doan is gone soon.
Doan isn't going anywhere unless he wants to and he has expressed on numerous occasions that he does not want to leave Phoenix.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 10:01 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
Why did the Panthers bother? Reinprecht was a UFA. I hope for them this wasn't their big target and they just wanted to make sure they got him.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 10:15 AM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballard4Prez View Post
Is what it is... from watching Roch games, looking at production and watching no progression in Training Camp for 5 years...

Is what it is, we dealt a prospect we weren't going to qualify and Phoenix gave up somebody they were going to lose for nothing for a good AHL role player, nothing more...

can we just add the bolded comment to the title so we can end the ignorant posts about the Coyotes losing something in this deal.

I'm waiting for someone to say it would have been better if the Coyotes just let Rhino walk for nothing.

I'm kinda surprised Rhino got 3 years $6M, but I guess Florida is paying him to be their 2nd line center, which is somewhat disappointing if I was a Panther fan.

I think Prucha at half the cost is a better player, and a better fit as a player which is a cut below a top 6 forward which is how I would describe Rhino at this point in his career.

Devils Advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 10:23 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Why did the Panthers bother? Reinprecht was a UFA. I hope for them this wasn't their big target and they just wanted to make sure they got him.
Why not bother? We sent them Meyer, who wasn't going to come back as AHL player in the organization. Sexton wanted him, so he got him before Reinprecht got other offers. It didn't cost them anything.

06-20-2009, 11:40 AM
Ovie8

To: Florida Panthers
Steven Reinprecht

To: Phoenix Coyotes
Stefan Meyer

Steven Reinprecht will fill the gap the Panthers lost when they gave Olli Jokinen to Phoenix in that trade. On the other hand Phoenix will get a young talented Stefan Meyer that will probably play with other young guns like Turris and Boedker. I thought that was a even trade because Florida looks like a team that's rebuilding for the present and the Coyotes look like a team building for the future.

Ovie8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 12:25 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Why not bother? We sent them Meyer, who wasn't going to come back as AHL player in the organization. Sexton wanted him, so he got him before Reinprecht got other offers. It didn't cost them anything.
I guess so, if Meyer wasn't in the plans. Didn't Phoenix and Florida share an affiliate in San Antonio? I guess that's where they might be more familiar.

I guess it makes sense if Meyer wasn't going to be qualified and if they were going to decline arbitration.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 02:39 PM
Markstrom Rules
Great Finnish

Quote:
I guess so, if Meyer wasn't in the plans. Didn't Phoenix and Florida share an affiliate in San Antonio? I guess that's where they might be more familiar.

I guess it makes sense if Meyer wasn't going to be qualified and if they were going to decline arbitration.
Well, San Antonio was our affiliate before it was Phoenix's. But we never shared it with them. Still yeah, they might be familiar with Meyer that way. I'm not 100% sure of the timeline there. Meyer might not have played there.

Yeah, according to a Rochester fan, Meyer wasn't going to be qualified anyway. We negotiated a deal with Reinprecht before anyone else could talk to him.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 02:42 PM
sabrefan27

The RUMOR was that Meyer wouldn't be qualified. He's been an Amerk for 4 seasons and made virtually no progress.

You have to cut ties sooner or later. He was going no where in the Florida organization.

sabrefan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 03:17 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
The RUMOR was that Meyer wouldn't be qualified. He's been an Amerk for 4 seasons and made virtually no progress.

You have to cut ties sooner or later. He was going no where in the Florida organization.
I still fail to see how this didn't make a ton of sense, especially in regards to what was gained for nothing.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 05:10 PM
Chileiceman

I don't understand why Steven Rheinprecht wouldn't have waited until July 1 to sign, to see if he got any higher offers.

Chileiceman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 05:17 PM
Elvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chileiceman View Post
I don't understand why Steven Rheinprecht wouldn't have waited until July 1 to sign, to see if he got any higher offers.
My guess is that he figured that the Panthers really wanted him, and that they are a team on their way up who almost made the playoffs a couple of years in a row and will be looking to make it next year.

Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 05:38 PM
hbk

I think it's the 3 years that was the clincher for Reinprecht. He's 33 and for him to get anything more than a 2 year contract offer gave him an indication on just how wanted he was in Florida.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 05:41 PM
wint

The Panthers probably told him he would be their first choice for 2nd line center, and he knew that, and the money, was as good as he could hope for.

wint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 07:51 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Pruuuuuuuucha

kyle evs48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2009, 11:10 PM
eric71*

Good pick up for FLA

eric71* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 06:35 AM
Qvist

What I don't get is why Florida wants to sign, presumably on close to UFA terms, another center with an expected 50-60-point ceiling. They have at least three already, even if you don't count Frolik at that position. Bad news for RFA Greg Campbell?

cheers

Qvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 08:07 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qvist View Post
What I don't get is why Florida wants to sign, presumably on close to UFA terms, another center with an expected 50-60-point ceiling. They have at least three already, even if you don't count Frolik at that position. Bad news for RFA Greg Campbell?

cheers
Soup's not an RFA, he was signed last season to a 2 year deal and is valuable to this team. He played for DeBoer in Juniors, too, so I'd expect him to be re-signed again.

Reinprecht is a good center who will fit in DeBoer's system well.

Again, they wanted Reino's undivided attention apparently, so they gave up the rights to a guy who's AHL material and wasn't going to be retained and got it.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 08:22 AM
Qvist

Right, sorry, overly quick reading at nhlnumbers on my part. Still seems to be more of what the Panthers already have in abundance though, and there's Matthias to be made room for too. Are we seeing the contours of a Sabres-like, roll-4-lines long term approach here?

cheers

Qvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 09:50 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Very good deal for Reinprecht. I would have been happy to have him back in Phoenix, but at his age, and with where the team is at, I wouldn't have wanted them to give him more than a one year deal. I'm happy for the guy that he was able to find a team willing to give him three years. I don't see any NHL upside on Meyer, but that's fine. Our AHL team needs help, too. Keith Ballard has got to be thrilled, as well, by the way. He, Rhino, and Doan were thick as theives in Phoenix.

06-22-2009, 03:18 PM
Markstrom Rules
Great Finnish

Quote:

cheers
Quote:
Right, sorry, overly quick reading at nhlnumbers on my part. Still seems to be more of what the Panthers already have in abundance though, and there's Matthias to be made room for too. Are we seeing the contours of a Sabres-like, roll-4-lines long term approach here?

cheers
We are a team that's on a budget. Word from management is that our payroll will be lower than last season's 52.1 M. Getting a perennial 40-50 pt. center at about 2M/per is a good move for us. He's a stopgap until we can develop a true #1 center from within, or acquire one from outside the organization. This gives us good depth at center on all 4 lines. Horton played at center last season, but he's much better on the wing.

Matthias can start out on the wing when/if he makes the Panthers. He's already played some wing in junior and in Rochester. Reinprecht can also play wing.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote