HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Trading the Sedins....

Old
06-22-2009, 01:29 PM
s7ark
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
1. Thanks for saying I'm a good guy - I appreciate it

2. I did put a smiley face at the bottom to indicate the humor in the post.

3. The proposal is something that Eklund at hockeybuzz.com started a few days ago
and he was defending it....I had to come here and check out your thoughts

4. I also wanted to see what quality UFA's negotiating rights would garner, in the
board's opinions, because the Florida fans are demanding a whole lot for the right
to Boumeester....1st round to start. Logic then dictates that 2 80 point getters
would be worth at least 2 1st rounder then...right???

Thanks guys.
Hahahaha,, Well done

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 02:27 PM
West Coast Isles Fan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
The part that makes zero sense is that if the Sedins are willing to sign with the Islanders at the price aren't they better off waiting until July 1st so that Tavares/Hedman will be on the team as well which would make them much more competitive.

West Coast Isles Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 02:31 PM
lefty2time*

i am surprised that a HF boards poster of his quality would come up with such a bad idea!!!!!
lol

move along people....everybody makes mistakes

lefty2time* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 02:35 PM
Hawksfan12*

Quote:
If Gillis and JP Barry are really at an impasse over the Sedin's contract I wonder how well a deal between the Islanders and Canucks would go over??

To NYIsl: Sedins (carrying along their 12 year 63 million dollar contract offer)
To Vancouver: 1st pick overall 2009 draft

Islanders sign both Sedins at a cap hit for $5.25 a year for 12 years per Sedin and have a #1 scoring line.

Canucks draft Tavares and have their true #1 center they have never had PLUS $11million dollars to spend on UFA and RFA's.

Nab Heatley and nab Boumeester and a way we go.

Just a thought as we get closer to the insanity that we call draft day and leading up to free agency.

Epic Fail and a Pipe Dream

Hawksfan12* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 02:37 PM
Wayne Maki

Since the value here is so far off, what could the Sedins UFA rights get?

This Islanders' 2nd round pick conditional on the Sedins re-signing? Are there any teams with late first round picks that could be interested in the Sedins?

Wayne Maki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 02:49 PM
crazyforhockey

At this late stage it would be for next year a conditonal pick........if they sign then its afirst rd pick-again probably for next year's draft...very similar to Fla offer of a 1st for JayBO.........again I understand the logic of just waiting and signing the player on JUly 1 if still avaliable.

Of course the big Kibosh is that the Twins gave a proposal and MG rejected and is sending a counter proposal and then so on and so on.......I would expect them to resign in Van..once the details are whittled down as they now have a ballpark figure to work on.

And its a good ballpark figure 5.2 mil cap hit....alot cheaper than most of the guys in their point production bracket

crazyforhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 02:50 PM
BLAME CANADA*
The Canucks did it

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Isles Fan View Post
The part that makes zero sense is that if the Sedins are willing to sign with the Islanders at the price aren't they better off waiting until July 1st so that Tavares/Hedman will be on the team as well which would make them much more competitive.
Who's to say the Canucks then don't traded them signed to another team?.. if they're wanting to trade them and NYI say no then they talk to other teams. Also they should be able to get them at a better price before July 1st when it becomes a bidding war.

BLAME CANADA* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 05:56 PM
HyeDray
HFB Partner

IF...and its a GIANT IF....the Canucks are really going to trade the rights for the Twins, then I think the best they could hope for is a pair of second rounders--maybe a prospect or two.

We are talking about a players negotiating rights. Players who management has said they dont want, and cant afford and will loose for nothing on July 1 and players who have said we dont want to be here.

I just cant see the Islanders trading the #1 overall for the Twins. My guess is the Islanders COULD offer all two of their 2nd round picks and MAYBE the 26th pick for the rights to the Twins but that is only if they are 100% convinced they could sign them. But there could also be players involved...

My guess is that the deal could look like this....

To Vancouver: NYI pick #37 and 56 and 61 in 2009 draft, and Brendan Witt

To Islanders: negotiating rights to both Twins.

Islanders sign the twins to a multi-year deal.

I think the Canucks could have interest in Witt who could replace Ohlund, who looks to be leaving. The three picks certainly will be a big boost to the canucks system.

If not Witt, the Islander MIGHT be willing to let either Comeau or Neilsen go to Vancouver.

From and Isles perspective I just cant see them giving up the first overall. The other possibility is that the Isles trade pick #26 to Vancouver for the Twins. But I think Snow wants to add a player from the draft at 26 or higher.

It really depends on what the value of the Twins rights areóbecause the argument is as I stated....everyone knows they can be had on July 1. The deal basically is to buy a week prior to the frenzy. the nucks are not getting much for that.

HyeDray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 07:06 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
If Gillis and JP Barry are really at an impasse over the Sedin's contract I wonder how well a deal between the Islanders and Canucks would go over??

To NYIsl: Sedins (carrying along their 12 year 63 million dollar contract offer)
To Vancouver: 1st pick overall 2009 draft

Islanders sign both Sedins at a cap hit for $5.25 a year for 12 years per Sedin and have a #1 scoring line.

Canucks draft Tavares and have their true #1 center they have never had PLUS $11million dollars to spend on UFA and RFA's.

Nab Heatley and nab Boumeester and a way we go.

Just a thought as we get closer to the insanity that we call draft day and leading up to free agency.

Ah you funny Canuck fan.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 07:11 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaaaBob View Post
If you could read he said they would come sign which is no different then trading for them even if they weren't UFAs. Islanders would do this if they wanted to be a better team next year, adding a 160 points 1st line guys isn't that easy to do. Signed NHL proven point a game guys for the the 1st is a fair deal if the Islanders want to ice a better team next year, if they don't then they won't do this.
Actually from the gm 's comments,it sounds like the isles want to continue their major rebuild with their youngsters.

They've got 13 more yrs with DiPietro and his bad knees/hips and are still gonna be paying Yashin buyout money for another 6 yrs.

No way do the twice burned isles, sign the Sedins for 12 yrs each.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote