HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

AEG/Ownership Off-Season Discussion

Old
06-23-2009, 11:03 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
Like I thought it was absurd (at the time) to trade Demitra for O'Sullivan. POS has gone on to become a DL-developed player making me forget .... nevermind. That experiment is over and Demitra's offense was never really replaced was it?

Or is an aging often-injured Williams about the same thing as Demitra? (and when's that Lewis kid gonna make an impact?)

And "Kopitar fell into his lap?" What if he didn't? Seriously, a #11 pick is not a no-brainer (like a #4 is). DT blew many other picks, so at least give him credit where credit is due. Without Kopitar (& other DT picks), this team is no where as "good" as they are now (THAT'S a scary thought). ...and DL would have really started with ZERO like many fans claim anyway.

And at least DT drafted Quick - I really don't care who "developed" him. Well, DL did develop Cloutier, I gotta give him that.

Does DL's "genius" at drafting and developing players start to pay off in year 4?
Probably will some.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 12:40 PM
Dave in LA
Chick Magnet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryRose View Post
No one here has any ******* reason whatsoever to hate Anschutz. He built Staples, bought Manchester, Created the Reign out of thin air, built TSC, given Dean insane back-end resources that DT never had, etc. You should see the technology these dudes have now to work with in comparison to before, and how much money is spent on various things. Did you know that right after the NCAA and CHL season's ended they had a big camp in Michigan for a bunch of the kids to work on goal scoring prowess? for something like five days they broke down film of superstars, talking about their noses on the net, got on ice for tons of workouts etc w/ staffers. The investment and commitment is there, we just have a GM that is finally able to take that and put it to work.

Anyway, people are pissed because he didn't overpay for players during the gluttonous contract days. If you want to blame anyone for the general lethargy our glorious franchise has limped around with since '93, look no further than the people that make hockey decisions, or be sad about injuries to key players. Phil Anschutz didn't draft like garbage, he didn't rush players through the system (ha, what system?).

Just because the dude isn't starring in Carl's Jr's commercials with $30,000 bottles of wine and acting like a rich ********* doesn't mean he doesn't care.

Hating on Anschutz has officially ****ing jumped the shark at this point.
Tell us something we haven't already heard. Sooner or later, this organization has to show progress & they haven't & make good on the promises they made.

Before the lockout, that's all we heard, "We started from scratch, we built Staples, blah, blah, blah."

I agree with the part about not overpaying for UFA's. However, they could have resigned both Robitaille & Boucher. Along with Allison, they could have been a strong contender. Instead, they chose Heinze, R. Robitaille, Ragamuffin, Corvo & countless others to fill their positions. It didn't work.

I think DL is doing an excellent job, but just don't tell us something we're tired of hearing. No more excuses.

Dave in LA is offline   Reply With Quote